or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Energy Owners Thread - Page 1675

post #50221 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

Okay, i might gonna stay for now with my 7.2 energy set up

RC 70
RC LCR
RC 10
V2.0R.

And i am still selling my excess speakers PM me if you are interested for a very good price its Christmas time smile.gif so send me a PM

RC 10 PAIR CHERRY
V2.0C
V2.5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

My RC series 5.1 set up still available for sale. Pm me if you are interested thanks.

HUH????
post #50222 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post


HUH????

yes, disregard that. i already ordered klipsch speakers! smile.gif
post #50223 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by caloyzki View Post

yes, disregard that. i already ordered klipsch speakers! smile.gif
We will see you back here when you are not sure about the Klipsch
post #50224 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post

We will see you back here when you are not sure about the Klipsch
only God knows for sure.
post #50225 of 51452
I sold my 7.0 RC setup a year ago and I haven't go back to the RC. smile.gif....

That doesn't mean that it's not a good speaker, It's just a personal choice.
Edited by losservatore - 12/26/13 at 2:01pm
post #50226 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

I sold my 7.0 RC setup a year ago and I haven't go back to the RC. smile.gif....

That doesn't mean that it's not a good speaker, It's just a personal choice.

You already know. smile.gif
post #50227 of 51452
Question, I am doing a little testing of my rclcr I just picked up used,right now I have two rc10's and an rclcr hooked up to my receiver, I hooked up one rc10 to my right channel and the LCR to my left channel, the lcr sounds much weaker than the rc10, even when I have it hooked up as a middle its not that loud when playing music in stereo,Ive not done any calibration w the onkyo yet, was waiting to get my towers to do so, does this sound like an issue w the rclcr?
Be
post #50228 of 51452
It just looks like a calibration issue at first sight...
post #50229 of 51452
Well I joined up just for this thread.
I bought a set of RC-10's then later a set of the RC-Mini for a mid home theatre.
Very happy with them. However I noticed my Warfedale centre is 4ohms... Can this harm things?
Also, which centre should I get to match? I do need a smaller centre like the v-mini or rc-mini centre

Thank you in advance
post #50230 of 51452
The 4ohm center may or may not be an issue but it has nothing to do with the Energy speakers, rather it's a question of whether your receiver has sufficeint amplification. It's probably fine unless you are going to crazy loud volumes.

If you don't want a big center, then the RC-Mini CC is the correct match for the rest of your setup. The V-Mini CC is close enough that it would also work fine, and it should be easier to find since it is a more current model. There are a few V-Mini CC's on eBay right now, one gloss black and a couple of rosenut.
post #50231 of 51452
The V- Mini C is a terrible match with the RC-10s. Much too bright, I tried everything to tame it with no success. The CC-5 is almost a perfect match, would highly recommend it unless you can find an RC-Mini C.
post #50232 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post

The V- Mini C is a terrible match with the RC-10s. Much too bright, I tried everything to tame it with no success. The CC-5 is almost a perfect match, would highly recommend it unless you can find an RC-Mini C.


Terrible match and too bright? lol.well then the RC is a terribly match with the veritas v, too detail lacking.


Seriously I'm Just kidding!!! both are very good speakers. tongue.gif


I will love to have them both again.
Edited by losservatore - 12/27/13 at 10:00pm
post #50233 of 51452
Well he is looking for a center to go with his mains, not vice versa lol. You do get more detail with the V-Mini. Not saying it's a bad speaker, just a bad match.
post #50234 of 51452
well gmash I regret selling both setup but its too late.


First I sold the RC because I had to keep one setup to make room for a new born and now I sold the VERITAS because the baby is almost walking and was worry about the baby scratching the glossy finish, finger prints or any mess on the speaker finish.


now in this situation the RC black ash fits better, its more scratch resistant and I don't have to worry about finger prints unless she do the same thing that macstatic daughter did ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

So I now join those family Energy users with their children's artistic creations added to the beauty of their speakers. My daughter decided to take an orange crayon to beautify the top of my RC-LCR and part of the grill to the RC-LCR as well.


Also my first daughter dented some RC tweeters years back, but now she is bigger and learned.
Edited by losservatore - 12/28/13 at 1:03am
post #50235 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

well gmash I regret selling both setup but its too late.


First I sold the RC because I had to keep one setup to make room for a new born and now I sold the VERITAS because the baby is almost walking and was worry about the baby scratching the glossy finish, finger prints or any mess on the speaker finish.


now in this situation the RC black hash fits better, its more scratch resistant and I don't have to worry about finger prints unless she do the same thing that macstatic daughter did lol...
Also my first daughter dented some RC tweeters years back, but now she is bigger and learned.

My daughter hasn't done anything like that since then. We got a new TV and TV stand and our setup looks a whole lot nicer, and my daughter even likes showing it off. I'm proud to announce all of her artwork is now done on paper smile.gif
post #50236 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

well gmash I regret selling both setup but its too late.


First I sold the RC because I had to keep one setup to make room for a new born and now I sold the VERITAS because the baby is almost walking and was worry about the baby scratching the glossy finish, finger prints or any mess on the speaker finish.


now in this situation the RC black hash fits better, its more scratch resistant and I don't have to worry about finger prints unless she do the same thing that macstatic daughter did lol...
Also my first daughter dented some RC tweeters years back, but now she is bigger and learned.

My daughter hasn't done anything like that since then. We got a new TV and TV stand and our setup looks a whole lot nicer, and my daughter even likes showing it off. I'm proud to announce all of her artwork is now done on paper smile.gif


I apologize for bringing a old post back here.


cool cool.gif new TV stand.smile.gif and I will love to see her artworks wink.gif.


Yes they learn fast when they are on certain age but my second daughter just turned 1 year, 3 months ago.redface.gif
Edited by losservatore - 12/28/13 at 1:23am
post #50237 of 51452
Thanks for the responses guys! I am looking for an RC-mini in rosenut if not then the v-mini same. The hard part is finding someone who ships to Toronto Canada. I do love the RC-10 tho, very detailed and enough soundstage. Bass is pleasant too; I rarely use my Velodyne sub with them
post #50238 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

The 4ohm center may or may not be an issue but it has nothing to do with the Energy speakers, rather it's a question of whether your receiver has sufficeint amplification. It's probably fine unless you are going to crazy loud volumes.

If you don't want a big center, then the RC-Mini CC is the correct match for the rest of your setup. The V-Mini CC is close enough that it would also work fine, and it should be easier to find since it is a more current model. There are a few V-Mini CC's on eBay right now, one gloss black and a couple of rosenut.

I'm fine with the RCLCR as my final setup will be RC70, RCLCR and RC10. I was able to get better sound out of the LCR by boosting the center channel. Just wondering if my Onkyo NR616 is going to be sufficient to power the final setup. confused.gif
post #50239 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforowls View Post

I'm fine with the RCLCR as my final setup will be RC70, RCLCR and RC10. I was able to get better sound out of the LCR by boosting the center channel. Just wondering if my Onkyo NR616 is going to be sufficient to power the final setup. confused.gif

I have a 616 powering the same setup plus 2 RC-R's and a 12" sub, for what it's worth.
post #50240 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun1727 View Post

Thanks for the responses guys! I am looking for an RC-mini in rosenut if not then the v-mini same. The hard part is finding someone who ships to Toronto Canada. I do love the RC-10 tho, very detailed and enough soundstage. Bass is pleasant too; I rarely use my Velodyne sub with them

Too bad my rosenut V-mini-C went so fast. Really wanted to move it before I went away for vacation so within 3hrs of posting it, it was sold. I was the same for a long time, my RC-10's were so good that I left my sub unhooked.
post #50241 of 51452
I'm thinking about grabbing a third RC70 for $350 to replace my RCLCR *IF* I ever get a theatre room setup in the basement with an AT screen. Just wondering though if the RC70 will be that much better than a vertically placed RCLCR with its tweeter at the same height as the FL and FR 70s.
post #50242 of 51452
Well, 3 of the exact same speaker across the front will the perfect match. Can't get better than that.

and you'll have no problem unloading your RC LCR if you ever choose to do so.
post #50243 of 51452
I probably wouldn't sell the RCLCR just in case I ever moved the speakers away from the AT screen.
post #50244 of 51452
^^^ keep it ,you never know when would you need it.
post #50245 of 51452
Told myself I was going to wait another year or so before I upgraded any gear, but I just ordered a pair of the RC70s at that $349.99 price from Futureshop (also ordered a Yamaha RX-V575B receiver to run everything)

I have a pair of RC-30s that have been my mains for the last four years or so, along with a RC-LCR centre and a Polk 10"micropro sub. I assume the RC-30s will do well as rear surrounds with the RC-70s and the LCR up front?
Edited by Redmen62 - 12/29/13 at 2:56pm
post #50246 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmen62 View Post

I have a pair of RC-30s that have been my mains for the last four years or so, along with a RC-LCR centre. I assume the RC-30s will do well as rear surrounds with the RC-70s and the LCR up front?

RC30s will do plenty fine as rears, total overkill but no need to worry. Or a better option is use them as "Wide" instead of "Rear" if your receiver/room layout is capable of doing so.
post #50247 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post

I'm thinking about grabbing a third RC70 for $350 to replace my RCLCR *IF* I ever get a theatre room setup in the basement with an AT screen. Just wondering though if the RC70 will be that much better than a vertically placed RCLCR with its tweeter at the same height as the FL and FR 70s.

Check my signature below. I have 3 RC70 Left, Right and Center. I upgraded from LCR about 2 years ago and never looked back, such a worthwhile improvement if you are able to accommodate it.
post #50248 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k View Post

RC30s will do plenty fine as rears, total overkill but no need to worry. Or a better option is use them as "Wide" instead of "Rear" if your receiver/room layout is capable of doing so.


Thanks! Sorry for the noob question, but by "wide" rather than "rear" I assume you mean placing them to the side of the listener rather than behind? That's what I intend to do, I'm only going to be running 5.1...
post #50249 of 51452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmen62 View Post

Thanks! Sorry for the noob question, but by "wide" rather than "rear" I assume you mean placing them to the side of the listener rather than behind? That's what I intend to do, I'm only going to be running 5.1...

I meant Audyssey DSX / DTS NEO X for "Front Wide" placement.
http://www.audyssey.com/technologies/dsx

If you are only running 5.1 don't worry about it but if you later expand to 7.1 or beyond, the RC30 will act as a great "front wide" speaker.
post #50250 of 51452
The confusion is that you asked about using them as "rear surrounds" which implies the back speakers in a 7ch setup. So it appeared that you were moving from a 5ch setup to 7ch, and he was suggesting an alternate layout for those 7 channels.

The surrounds in a 5.1 system are just called "surrounds" not back or rear.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Energy Owners Thread