or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 24 on FOX in HDTV - Season 5!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

24 on FOX in HDTV - Season 5! - Page 3  

post #61 of 2645
The preview for tomorrow night looks great. This is going to be a great season of 24.
post #62 of 2645
AWESOME !!!! Can't wait for tommorrow. Big thumbs up !!!

Directv audio sync problem on CH88
post #63 of 2645
The guy from the last season of Airwolf (Maj. Mike Rivers) & From Foreverknight looks to be the Head Baddy!!!

Edit:

His name is Geraint Wyn Davies
post #64 of 2645
When Chloe asked Jack for the IP address of the computer in Palmers apartment, the IP address started with 292.

The octects in a 32-bit IP address cannot be greater than 255. :p
post #65 of 2645
"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you."

"You're going to tell me everything I want to know. The only question is how much it's going to hurt."

Great stuff! Damn, this was great! I guessed Palmer getting shot through the window about a second before it happened, and I still jumped. Damn, I'm going to miss that guy.
post #66 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallica
When Chloe asked Jack for the IP address of the computer in Palmers apartment, the IP address started with 292.

The octects in a 32-bit IP address cannot be greater than 255. :p

LMAO, thanx god i wasnt the only one who notice that..
post #67 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallica
When Chloe asked Jack for the IP address of the computer in Palmers apartment, the IP address started with 292.

The octects in a 32-bit IP address cannot be greater than 255. :p
yea i caught that, not an error though. The show obviously has a technical aspect to it, im pretty sure somebody that works on the show knows ip's cant go above 255. Was probably done on purpose, same as phone # 555-5555. If they put a real IP address, how many people would have started pinging it, trying to connect to it, etc?
post #68 of 2645
They have seriously outdone themselves...again. The writers, that is. What an amazing premiere. As someone who has watched since Season 1, Episode 1, I am truly impressed that they have been able to keep the intensity at such a high level for this long. I was afraid I'd lose the best show on TV after a couple of seasons, but it seems to be going strong now. Keep it up!

I was watching OTA here in Houston, and the only problem I had was the local station apparently attempting to start commercials in the middle of the show. I don't think I missed anything as it was only about 10 seconds or so only 2 times, but it was quite annoying nonetheless. Quality of the broadcast was excellent, PQ and Audio both.
post #69 of 2645
Just like Car Lic. Plates come back as inactive - or removed status or from rent a car dealers.
post #70 of 2645
That (292) has become the new 555-xxxx that is used for telephone numbers on TV shows.

EDIT: Too slow I see
post #71 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhphikap
They have seriously outdone themselves...again. The writers, that is. What an amazing premiere. As someone who has watched since Season 1, Episode 1, I am truly impressed that they have been able to keep the intensity at such a high level for this long. I was afraid I'd lose the best show on TV after a couple of seasons, but it seems to be going strong now. Keep it up!

I was watching OTA here in Houston, and the only problem I had was the local station apparently attempting to start commercials in the middle of the show. I don't think I missed anything as it was only about 10 seconds or so only 2 times, but it was quite annoying nonetheless. Quality of the broadcast was excellent, PQ and Audio both.
they sure did.....
post #72 of 2645
Quote:
If they put a real IP address, how many people would have started pinging it, trying to connect to it, etc?
Kinda like the phone number from last season...except it was real.

By the way, even today, if you call 310-597-3781, you get the voicemail for the phone. The cast and crew actually used to answer that phone last year after they showed that number several times during last season.
post #73 of 2645
I love this show. I really do. But, it seems every great thing it does is paired with something silly.

Why can't President's have wives who aren't crazy soap opera characters?

What in the history of Jack Bauer and David Palmer leads anyone at CTU to actually believe Jack Bauer killed him? If they suspected him of drug or gun running, yeah, I can see that. But there's nothing Jack has ever done that would lend any credibility to the idea of Jack killing a former president, much less his biggest benefactor in David Palmer. Should they be looking for him? Absolutely. At the same time, they should already be allocating resources to figuring out who is behind the frame up. Especially after Chloe just told them that.

From the previews, it looks like they drop the suspicion sometime in the next 2 hours, but it shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Okay, enough griping. Jack is still the supreme bad a**. The weekly adrenaline spikes are back, baby!
post #74 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdothat88
yea i caught that, not an error though. The show obviously has a technical aspect to it, im pretty sure somebody that works on the show knows ip's cant go above 255. Was probably done on purpose, same as phone # 555-5555. If they put a real IP address, how many people would have started pinging it, trying to connect to it, etc?
They could have used a non-public IP... 192, 172, 10.
post #75 of 2645
remember when Jack told the kid..."i'm sorry how I treated you before"

He should have then said ..."next time, don't drink from the container"
post #76 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallica
They could have used a non-public IP... 192, 172, 10.
actually your right since she was connected to the hotel's LAN, it would have been a private address anyway. OK i retract my last statement, it was sort of a technical error, although i still think they did it on purpose, just didnt think to use a private address. Jack would kick your a$$ for pointing that out though.
post #77 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV
I highly doubt this. Palmer was a man of character and integrity and I doubt he would have an affair with the President's wife.
I agree, he didn't even sleep with the First Lady when he was President. :)

Here's what I counted -

BODY COUNT

Jack - 4 kills (crediting him with scaring a guy into commiting suicide :) )
Other Good Guys - 0 kills
Bad Guys - 2 kills
post #78 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95
Here's what I counted -

BODY COUNT

Jack - 4 kills (crediting him with scaring a guy into commiting suicide :) )
Other Good Guys - 0 kills
Bad Guys - 2 kills
Bad Guys got at least four - two guards at the airport, Pres. Palmer and Michelle.
post #79 of 2645
off to a great start.

my dad just started watching the series tonight, i had to explain to him just how big those killoffs were!
post #80 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp
I have never watched a single episode of "24" before. I always seem to pick the losing shows that get cancelled during or at the end of season #1. If I started watching "24" now at the premiere of season 5 am I going to have a lot of difficulty figuring it out?
Please change the channel, put down the remote and step away from the TV Sir!
You have the knack for cancelling shows and this don't need to be one of them. :D
post #81 of 2645
Great opening. Made last seasons opening seem like candy land in comparison. I cant believe they killed off Michele and Palmer!
post #82 of 2645
The Man is Comin' Round!

Jack is Back and now we've got him.

One question though. Couldn't he just have asked Diane to verify his whereabouts at the time of the shooting. I believe they were discussing the finer points of how to drink Orange Juice or something close.

As much as I have problems with some of the problems they encounter from time to time, I do so love his freakin' show!
post #83 of 2645
Ok, time to start pointing out tiny flaws like a true fan should...

Anyone notice how the window that Jack broke in that car he stole mysteriously regenerated near the end? Or was I seeing things?
post #84 of 2645
Damn! I miss Palmer already. Great character . . . gone. I liked Michelle, too . . . and Tony (who I'm sure will recover). I have to admit, I was not expecting Palmer and Michelle to die. That was one hell of a season opener.

Now Palmer can go on with his Allstate commercials.

I have always liked Chloe. I was a little worried when she was walking in the open toward Jack that she would be sniped. "Not Chloe. . . please!"

Like the new CTU center. Everything looked great in HD.

Favorite Series:

1) 24

2) Prison Break

3) Lost
post #85 of 2645
Well, thanks to the fracking NFL I missed the final 10 minutes or so. All year the networks have never scheduled enough time for NFL games. Cold Case was late almost every week. When they constantly run long why not just add another 30min to the schedule for the games. Thanks FOX, off to a great start. Sorry, just venting. Guess I'll have to download the episode now before I watch tomorrows.
post #86 of 2645
I simultaneously love and hate this show at the same time. Maybe that's why it's one of the best shows on television.

Note to ABC, this is how you schedule a network drama. A new episode every week until the season concludes.

sidebar: Anyone have a link to a synopsis about the Season 5 preview that came with the Season 4 DVD? I haven't got it yet, but want to know what happend between the seasons.
post #87 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F
Can't wait! Jack Bauer Power Hour year five! And Kim is back from what I hear. (I wonder if she's still being stalked by that wiley mountain lion?)

Hmm, I see David Fury in the credits. So maybe they won't have such inanities any more.
post #88 of 2645
Make sure you guys use spoilers - even for cast additions.
post #89 of 2645
No one is talking about the PQ. Is this show in HD or 480p? Fox Widescreen logo looks like the old stuff. Quality does not look HD to me.
post #90 of 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1216
No one is talking about the PQ. Is this show in HD or 480p? Fox Widescreen logo looks like the old stuff. Quality does not look HD to me.
The feed I watched of the show was HD. Looked good. Some of the quick pans near the oil rigs looked a little off, but that was it. Just replay the car explosion that killed Michelle & the Swat Van explosion at the Airport.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 24 on FOX in HDTV - Season 5!