or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Rebate and Sweepstakes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harmony Rebate and Sweepstakes  

post #1 of 149
Thread Starter 
Harmnoy is currently running a promotion that will give away 100 880's and a $50 rebate for 676's or 880's. Last year I entered but didn't win, but I did use their rebate offer last year to purchase my 676.
post #2 of 149
It's a nice promotion-- last year I won a 676.
post #3 of 149
I went to the harmony part of the logitech website, but don't see anything about the sweepstakes. Do you have the link ?
post #4 of 149
I just bought a 676 last night from Amazon...will this rebate apply and if so, where can I find the rebate?
post #5 of 149
Thread Starter 
Link for rebate
http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/rem...testrebate.pdf

Link for sweepstakes entry.
http://www.logitech.com/remote/

If they didn't bill you until today you should be okay. The promo starts the 19th.
post #6 of 149
Now I have to find out when Amazon billed my credit card...
post #7 of 149
Hey, there's no FL offered for the sweepstakes?
post #8 of 149
No NY either
post #9 of 149
Damn, I just got 2 last week, one for me and one for my uncle. Ahh well, murphy's law.
post #10 of 149
damn, got one just before Christmas and now they drop $50?!
post #11 of 149
I just ordered two more 676's when I saw that rebate. $49 bucks a piece, can't beat that for a great remote...
post #12 of 149
Dang, missed the rebate by just a couple of weeks. eCost still has a decent price on it, but it does not appear that they have the "avsforum" pricing anymore.

Just an FYI, eCost gest questionable feedback, but I have never had a problem with them.
post #13 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroome
I just ordered two more 676's when I saw that rebate. $49 bucks a piece, can't beat that for a great remote...
Can you link where you got the 676? Might pick on up for the living room.
post #14 of 149
I got it from here this morning, but it appears they upped the price between then and now (the last three hours). You may want to check a price comparison site to find a better deal:

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Logitech-...ck-middle.html
post #15 of 149
I bought an 880 from ecost.com yesterday for $179 without even knowing about this $50 rebate. So, I guess I really bought it for $129! Woohoo! :)

I assume since others have mentioned prices that I'm not breaking any forum rules. Hopefully I didn't assume wrong.

As a side note, I ordered it last night around 6pm for the $8 2-day shipping. This was after the cutoff for getting it shipped the same day. Well, it DID actually ship last night and even though it was 2-day shipping it showed up this morning! Gotta love that! First I'm surprised by the $50 rebate I didn't even know about and then I get it 2 work days earlier than I expected!
post #16 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroome
I got it from here this morning, but it appears they upped the price between then and now (the last three hours). You may want to check a price comparison site to find a better deal:

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Logitech-...ck-middle.html
I have been scanning pricegrabber for a couple of days and all locations have jumped up since the rebate offer. I guess the retailers are taking advantage of the rebates. I am still trying to figure out how Best Buy and Circuit City can still charge the prices they do for this and people actually buy them.
post #17 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedurocher
I have been scanning pricegrabber for a couple of days and all locations have jumped up since the rebate offer. I guess the retailers are taking advantage of the rebates. I am still trying to figure out how Best Buy and Circuit City can still charge the prices they do for this and people actually buy them.
I know many of those people who have bought them from BB and CC... they tend to be very distrustful of shopping on the interwebs. Me, I'm distrustful of BB and CC.
post #18 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFlight
I bought an 880 from ecost.com yesterday for $179 without even knowing about this $50 rebate. So, I guess I really bought it for $129! Woohoo! :)
Yea, I got mine from eCost about 2-weeks ago when they had hte "AVS pricing" of $169. $179 is still very good then the $50 rebate. Still pissy they change a handling fee though :mad:
post #19 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1dey
I know many of those people who have bought them from BB and CC... they tend to be very distrustful of shopping on the interwebs. Me, I'm distrustful of BB and CC.
I am trying to work a deal with them right now to do a price match. Thing is, they don't price match online, but Wal Mart has the 676 for $119.99. I am bringing that in to try to get them to drop the price. I have a $75 gift card and the $50 rebate and BAM!!!! A Harmony 676 for under $5 (tax included). :D
post #20 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct
Yea, I got mine from eCost about 2-weeks ago when they had hte "AVS pricing" of $169. $179 is still very good then the $50 rebate. Still pissy they change a handling fee though :mad:
No handling fee for my order. $179 + $7.99 2-day shipping (which turned out to only take 1 day) for a total of $186.99. So, the total will be $136.99 shipped after the $50 rebate.

There were actually three line items on my invoice.

1 - harmony 880 - 179.00
1 - handling fee - 0.00
1 - processing fee - 0.00
post #21 of 149
I was thinking the same thing and if they do PM it is at 110%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedurocher
I am trying to work a deal with them right now to do a price match. Thing is, they don't price match online, but Wal Mart has the 676 for $119.99. I am bringing that in to try to get them to drop the price. I have a $75 gift card and the $50 rebate and BAM!!!! A Harmony 676 for under $5 (tax included). :D
post #22 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsan
I was thinking the same thing and if they do PM it is at 110%!
Unfortunately, they did not give me the 110%, but the Best Buy in the Woodlands, Texas honored the price match. I got it at $119.99, used my $75 in gift cards, and paid $53.91 cash. After rebate....a cool $3.91 for the Harmony 676. :D :D :D
post #23 of 149
Well, I am going to try in a few hours. I will also try the 110% which this BB has done for me before.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jedurocher
Unfortunately, they did not give me the 110%, but the Best Buy in the Woodlands, Texas honored the price match. I got it at $119.99, used my $75 in gift cards, and paid $53.91 cash. After rebate....a cool $3.91 for the Harmony 676. :D :D :D
post #24 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFlight
No handling fee for my order. $179 + $7.99 2-day shipping (which turned out to only take 1 day) for a total of $186.99. So, the total will be $136.99 shipped after the $50 rebate.

There were actually three line items on my invoice.

1 - harmony 880 - 179.00
1 - handling fee - 0.00
1 - processing fee - 0.00
Humm, wonder if you upgrade the shipping if they drop the handling fee??? Might try that for a 676. My wife "informed me" that she would really like a better TV in the living room, so might as well get an upgraded remote first!
post #25 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct
Humm, wonder if you upgrade the shipping if they drop the handling fee??? Might try that for a 676. My wife "informed me" that she would really like a better TV in the living room, so might as well get an upgraded remote first!
I'm not sure. It could have been a limited time special.
post #26 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617
Link for rebate
http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/rem...testrebate.pdf

Link for sweepstakes entry.
http://www.logitech.com/remote/

If they didn't bill you until today you should be okay. The promo starts the 19th.
The Rebate form in the link above says "Exclusive offer for TiVo users." But the form does not require that you document TiVo ownership. I don't have TiVo, can I use the rebate anyway?

Thanks,

Larry
post #27 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by schellhase
The Rebate form in the link above says "Exclusive offer for TiVo users." But the form does not require that you document TiVo ownership. I don't have TiVo, can I use the rebate anyway?
I noticed that too. I don't know what it's all about but they aren't asking for any kind of "TiVo" verification so I'm sending my rebate in.
post #28 of 149
Well, it worked for me and BB gave me the 110% PM...took $66 off the 676 and the extra 10% was automatic.

As far as the TIVO discussion goes, I do not see that on my form anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsan
Well, I am going to try in a few hours. I will also try the 110% which this BB has done for me before.
post #29 of 149
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schellhase
The Rebate form in the link above says "Exclusive offer for TiVo users." But the form does not require that you document TiVo ownership. I don't have TiVo, can I use the rebate anyway?

Thanks,

Larry
I don't think it matters, like you said-they require no proof of Tivo ownership. The original offer was through a Tivo showcase so that's probably why the Tivo verbiage is there. They ran a promotion last year through a Tivo showcase also. At that time it was a percentage of purchase price rebate, I think around 20-25%, and no limit on which model you purchased. This years offer is much better for the 676 buyers.
post #30 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsan
Well, it worked for me and BB gave me the 110% PM...took $66 off the 676 and the extra 10% was automatic.

As far as the TIVO discussion goes, I do not see that on my form anywhere.
Congrats! Maybe I should go back and demand....nah, that would be getting a little greedy.

As far as I know, Wal Mart is the only physical store that sells the 676 at a reduced price that can be used as a price match, although, they don't technically sell them in the store. The plus for us, that unlike the 880 that states "online only," the 676 does not.
:o
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Rebate and Sweepstakes