or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Rebate and Sweepstakes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Harmony Rebate and Sweepstakes - Page 3  

post #61 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617
Last year people were notified by e-mail if they won.
Same this year per official rules.
post #62 of 149
I have yet to receive an email so apparently they haven't sent them out yet. :D
post #63 of 149
GREAT NEWS!

Logitech said that the TiVo issue is a non issue and it was almost meant as an ad for TiVo. The rebates ARE good no matter which form we use!
post #64 of 149
Got mine today. It's charging now. UPC matches that on the rebate form. Will mail in the rebate form after I make sure this thing works.

ND
post #65 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsan
GREAT NEWS!

Logitech said that the TiVo issue is a non issue and it was almost meant as an ad for TiVo. The rebates ARE good no matter which form we use!
Thanks for the heads-up, mpsan!
post #66 of 149
What UPCs are you guys using for the 880 rebate. The form says Part #, which is different than the UPC #. On my 880 box the part # is listed above the bar code and it doesn't match what the rebate form says. But the rebate only wants the upc bar code so I could just not cut out the part # with it, provided the UPC is the same.

H880 966187-0215
*bar code*
97855 03178

My box is in english & french. I'm guessing the french is because of the canadian ties to harmony.
post #67 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjay
What UPCs are you guys using for the 880 rebate. The form says Part #, which is different than the UPC #. On my 880 box the part # is listed above the bar code and it doesn't match what the rebate form says. But the rebate only wants the upc bar code so I could just not cut out the part # with it, provided the UPC is the same.

H880 966187-0215
*bar code*
97855 03178

My box is in english & french. I'm guessing the french is because of the canadian ties to harmony.
Mine is:

H880 966187-0403
*bar code*
97855 03179

Hope you get your rebate!
ND
post #68 of 149
No problem. Going to set up the 676 this weekend. Let's just see how good they are. I have a Qualia 006 and Meridian 568! Then there is the DVD and CD, and ReplayTV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23
Thanks for the heads-up, mpsan!
post #69 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23
Mine is:

H880 966187-0403
*bar code*
97855 03179

Hope you get your rebate!
ND

Thanks! I hope I do too.

I wonder what the difference between the units are? I can't seem to find any info on the web for the different UPCs.

Canadian vs. US version?
Refurbed units get their own UPC?
Different UPCs for different retailers?

Makes you wonder. I'm not sure if this is the norm, or maybe this is the difference in product #'s but I didn't receive a Users Manual. I got the Installation Guide, Logitech product pamphlet and CD all nicely tucked into a plastic pouch. I didn't think much about not getting a user manual until I saw they had a PDF version on the web site.


edited to add:
Ok I just answered my own question above. I did a search for the different part numbers and the difference is the product #'s ending in -0215 are Canadian versions and the -0403 are the US versions. Thats true for every remote, except for the 520 which only is listed as -0403 on both the Logitech US and CA site.

US products: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...S/EN,CRID=2080

CA products: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...A/EN,CRID=2080


I bet it's only the packaging that makes it a different product. When I get home I'll post my part# for the remote thats under the battery.
post #70 of 149
Not to beat a dead horse here, but did anyone win? The Sweepstakes mysteriously disappeared early and I haven't seen anyone with a yippy I won post on any forums.
post #71 of 149
...still waiting for that message around here... :(
post #72 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1dey
Not to beat a dead horse here, but did anyone win? The Sweepstakes mysteriously disappeared early and I haven't seen anyone with a yippy I won post on any forums.
Yippy, I won.
post #73 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx
Yippy, I won.
hahahahaha.... sweet first post.
post #74 of 149
I still can't believe it but apparently I did win too! The mail from logitech said that my 880 will be shipped within 6 to 8 weeks. I will believe it when I see it my hands!

Would previous winners tell me how long it really takes for Logitech to ship the free remote?

- Vikas
post #75 of 149
funny thing is that no more than two hours before i got the 'you won' e-mail.... i had ordered a 890. so this 880 will go up on e-bay and pay for half of my 890 :) thanks logitech.
post #76 of 149
...I got no messages... :( ...maybe next time
post #77 of 149
I think those two posts were meant as a joke. I don't think Logitech has informed anybody if they won yet. The contest only closed on Thursday Night (yes, I know it closed early for some reason) so technically they've only had 2 days to do a drawing. I wouldn't expect much until the end of this week.
post #78 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways
I think those two posts were meant as a joke. I don't think Logitech has informed anybody if they won yet. The contest only closed on Thursday Night (yes, I know it closed early for some reason) so technically they've only had 2 days to do a drawing. I wouldn't expect much until the end of this week.
ummm.... ok slideways, you seem to be an expert on this, can you explain the email i got from logitech?


> Not long ago you participated in Logitech's on-line survey and
> sweepstakes. Guess what? We're happy to report that you are one of the
> lucky winners! Congratulations!
>
>
> Your prize is the award-winning Logitech(r) Harmony(r) 880 advanced
> universal remote.
post #79 of 149
and how about this reply i just got....



Sorry I am not able to accomodate your request. The prizes are currenly at our fullfillment house and cannot be exchanged. I am sorry but, I am fairly sure you will be happy with your remote.

> Wow... Thank you!
>
> I was just looking at buying one of your remotes.... The 890. would
> there be any way for me to pay the difference ($150.00) and get the
> 890 instead?
post #80 of 149
The mail indicated to contact them if my address was INCORRECT. There is no mentioning of signing any release form or any affidavit etc in the email. The previous reply also suggest that the remotes are already being in the process of shipping. I hope the 6-8 weeks was usual verbiage and I should get it lot sooner than that.

- Vikas
post #81 of 149
i think we will see them faster than the 6-8 weeks they have claimed (especially after the message i got regarding the 890).
post #82 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jano_aguayo
...I got no messages... :( ...maybe next time
Noooooooooooooooo! I think I entered around one hundred times. I was almost counting on winning. Ah well.
post #83 of 149
my apologies then. given the tone of the thread and the way you made your post i took it as a joke.

And given myself and my wife had entered close to 400 times I was in the same boat, thinking one of us would hear something.

Again apologies and more importantly CONGRATULATIONS!!

Guess I'll have to shell out some money luckily I can get it for $125 (wonder if I can still use the $50 rebate off that price?).
post #84 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways
Guess I'll have to shell out some money luckily I can get it for $125 (wonder if I can still use the $50 rebate off that price?).
I sent my rebate in the other day. I sure hope that we can get it. It is not the fault of Logitech that the stores, a.) price match or b.) they sell at a discount price. I hope that we are not penalized for that.
post #85 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sderby
Noooooooooooooooo! I think I entered around one hundred times. I was almost counting on winning. Ah well.
glad to see I wasn't the only one... I was using google toolbar/autofill and had a sweet system down to maximize my number of entries. Glad it was a slow week at work, or else I'd have felt pretty silly.
post #86 of 149
no worries... and thanks!

i feel bad that you guys entered so many times.... i only entered once.

seeing i never, ever win anything.... i think i will be buying a lotto ticket this evening! ;)
post #87 of 149
Thanks all for posting about the rebate.

Best buy has the 676, however the've raised their price to 179.99. Amazon lists the remote 124.99. I went to Walmart and printed out their page with a price of 119 and BestBuy was willing to match that. woo.

I am a bit bemused by BestBuy. They made a press release about "ending rebates" here -
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060125-6055.html

and now I think what we see is that the instant rebates are applied right along with an "instant" price increase. :).

Bestbuy knew nothing about the harmony rebate, so perhaps the higher cost is just the norm there.
post #88 of 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23
Mine is:

H880 966187-0403
*bar code*
97855 03179

Hope you get your rebate!
ND

Well today is my lucky day. Logitech sent me a whole new remote due to a loose battery. It arrived today and it was a complete new retail box with the US part number! So I won't have to test the CA refund. :)
post #89 of 149
abendex,

did you hear from Logitech again? I have not been able to get hold of anybody. Yes, I know I should wait for 6-8 weeks but your reply indicated that Logitech might be shipping them out much earlier.

Thanks,
- Vikas
post #90 of 149
Is the rebate period over? The link at the beginning of post is no longer active.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Harmony Rebate and Sweepstakes