Had a 4 day weekend and was very productive. I finished hanging all of my fabric. I am very pleased with the Dazian Expo cloth. It looks great!
The first thing I did was fabric and install the sides of the columns. Each column front over hangs 1" on each side which is now plugged with a fabric wrapped furring strip. This hides staples and makes the columns look like they are floating in front of the wall. Very neat.
Next, I spent a lot of time building frames for the proscenium. I built 1 big frame for the top and bottom that are made up of 3 parts. After test fitting the parts, I glued and screwed them together to make a seamless panel.
Here are some pictures of the frames:
As you can see in the first 2 pictures, There is a gap between the top and bottom frame for individual speaker panels that can be removed to access the L&R speaker. I can take the screen off to access the sub and center channel if needed. After testing the fit, I put on the fabric.
Each of the panels are attached with Industrial Strength Velcro just in case they need to be removed for any reason in the future.