Theater Bar Update:
While I am waiting for the final coat of poly to dry on my pin-stripe moulding for the center of the room, I worked on my bar today. I was inspired by Mark's (BritInVA) bar in his theater and decided to do something similar.
I bought some plywood, black granite tile, red oak wood and red oak 3/4" trim to build my bar with.
I am very pleased with how it is looking. I got the entire thing put together today and now am beginning the staining process. The only thing left to do tomorrow will be to cut the black granite tile. It will probably take 4 days to stain, sand and poly the trim before I can put the tiles in, but I will post pics when it is done.
Here is where it is at right now.
and another shot:
I went with generic corbals because they are going to be painted black. No sense in wasting money on nice ones when you will never see them after they are painted black.
I will post pics tomorrow of the pin-stripe trim moulding installed around the room. Should start to look finished. Still looking for the ceiling and base moulding.