or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Screens › EluneVision screens
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EluneVision screens - Page 37

post #1081 of 1236
The Reference PureBright 240 4k 2.4 isn't even listed on Eastporters, and even the page on the material on the Elunevision site seems to be pared down from what I remember in June...maybe it's discontinued or being phased out?
post #1082 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

I got samples of the PureBright and Reference for $45 shipped.
Did you end up buying the screen?
I haven't decided what to get, yet, but the 2.4s are too bright for my vw1000es in 2D - although they gave me ideal brightness in 3D.
If my projector wasn't so bright the PureBright would have been it.
My favorites for 2D that I sampled where the Carada Brilliant White (best picture on my proj) and Seymour Center Stage XD (best AT on my proj).
post #1083 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Thanks - I wish they would contact me for a sample.

I have the HP 2.4 now, but have some of the uneven texture referenced a few pages back by rickavmaniac I think (the photos make it worse than it is in reality, but there is some grainy unevenness)

I'd like a 18 or 24" square sample to compare...
You should definitely get a sample to see for yourself, since it was so similar to the HP 2.4. Close enough that I wonder if I liked the EV PureBright better just because it was a larger sample, but it looked like it had slightly less texture, better contrast, and equal brightness and uniformity. Definitely still retroreflective.
post #1084 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloshj View Post

Yes, the screens are able to hang from both the ceiling and the wall.

Ok thanks. Just to be certain I can use hooks and be able to hang the screen similar to how this was done on a da-lite screen: Electric Screen Mount via Hooks
post #1085 of 1236
Well just placed my order on the reference 4K 120" tab-tensioned screen. Looking forward to setting this up.
post #1086 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post

You should definitely get a sample to see for yourself, since it was so similar to the HP 2.4. Close enough that I wonder if I liked the EV PureBright better just because it was a larger sample, but it looked like it had slightly less texture, better contrast, and equal brightness and uniformity. Definitely still retroreflective.

Nobody from Elunevision or Eastporters responds... Elunevision, you post here, why are you ignoring this request?
post #1087 of 1236
Quote:
The Reference PureBright 240 4k 2.4 isn't even listed on Eastporters, and even the page on the material on the Elunevision site seems to be pared down from what I remember in June...maybe it's discontinued or being phased out?

Not at all, the material has not been discontinued, and is listed on the Eastporters Canada website. As far as Americans, they typically order directly through EluneVision. The PureBright 4K material page has not been changed at all since June, and the PureBright 4K screen is here to stay.

I have sent you a PM about how to obtain a sample.
post #1088 of 1236
What is the typical ship time from when an order is placed? I ordered my screen today and was curious if it would make it to Texas by the weekend.
post #1089 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloshj View Post

Not at all, the material has not been discontinued, and is listed on the Eastporters Canada website. As far as Americans, they typically order directly through EluneVision. The PureBright 4K material page has not been changed at all since June, and the PureBright 4K screen is here to stay.

I have sent you a PM about how to obtain a sample.

PM responded...thanks
post #1090 of 1236
Well I got my samples from Da-lite today to go along with my EluneVision samples. So that gives me:

Reference Studio 4k
Reference PureBright 4k
HighPower
Da-Mat
HD Progressive 1.1
HD Progressive 1.3
High Contrast Da-Mat

I would have liked to get a sample of the EluneVision Vivid-Pro Cinema White 2.4 gain screen, but they refused to give or sell me one (even though I paid $45 for the other 2 samples, Da-lite charged $0). That to me seems like they don't want you to be able to compare both of their 2.4 gain screens. Maybe it's only marginally better, and they don't want you to see that it isn't worth 3x the price.

Now I just need a projector, which won't happen until my house is finished by the end of the year. Probably going with either the Optoma HD131Xe or the Epson 5030ub (2 very different projectors, I know).
Edited by nickoakdl - 10/16/13 at 2:58pm
post #1091 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_hs10 View Post

I didnt like paying for my sample either with EluneVision. Its not like it was a large sample. it was a letter size. I've never had to pay for sample with any other company. oh well

I don't mind paying, I just don't like that they are afraid to let us compare the 2 different 2.4 gain screens. The fact that they'll only let us see the more expensive screen tells me they don't want you to be able to compare it to the "lesser" screen. Maybe it doesn't hold up as well.
post #1092 of 1236
Hi all,

Just thought I'd show the thread how I partly boxed-in my screen with my drop ceiling. Had the screen been installed along the joists, I could have hidden the housing completely above the ceiling. But the screen runs perpendicular to the joists, so my "box" is only 3 inches deep and mounted under the joists, and the ceiling is installed flush with the bottom of the box. Looks good anyway.

post #1093 of 1236
I placed my order on Tuesday of last week and I got my screen by Thursday. Thanks for the fast shipping. I got a 120" Reference 4K Tab-Tension screen. It was shipped well and I do not see any marks or any issues with the screen.

I really liked the image I get now with my w1070. Great screen and the motor is quiet as well.

There was a faint smell when I first lowered the screen but I expected that as I have heard other people having a similar situation with other screens.

Here are some pics of unboxing and mounting.






post #1094 of 1236
I have had my screen for about 2 months now, does anyone's screen still give off a strong smell? Like if pull it down for a few hrs and come back to the room there is some smell of the screen.
It was really strong for the first few days as expected but its still there.
post #1095 of 1236
I don't recall how long it lasted... I have had mine for nearly two years and it doesn't have a smell. So it does go away eventually!
post #1096 of 1236
I have had mine for a couple of weeks and it does not smell as much as the first couple of days I owned it. Not sure if I'm used to it or if it really has gone away.
post #1097 of 1236
Hey quick question for you guys. Just got my Reference 4K 106" motorised screen from Bestbuy and not sure about the L bracket installation. So I recently built a new house and my basement is unfinished. I want to have my screen ready for my PS4 / XB1 and plan to finish the basement in a year or so anyways. So I plan to install the L brackets directly into the exposed joists as you can see per the pic below.

IMG_20131103_012431_zpscde6e7f6.jpg


What is really confusing me is the "expanding bolt" item they sent me. I've never seen anything like this before and I'll probably just go to the hardware store tomorrow to get a proper expansive bolt but how the hell do I install this? It clearly expands when I insert the screw.




Do I drill into the joist and then insert the screw so that this neon green thing is sticking out the other end thus supporting the screw and the attached screen? Or is it supposed to be embedded in the joist somehow? The green thing is too wide to insert through the L brackets so clearly it has to rest on the joist right? They've sent me 8 of these as opposed to the 4 expanding bolts that the installation manual says I'm supposed to have.
post #1098 of 1236
The green things looks like drywall anchors. Forget those and use the screws to secure the brackets to the joists. Then hang the screen housing on the bracket, and secure it by tightening the phillips screw shown on the bottom of the bracket in your picture. Very easy and works very well. You can adjust the housing left or right by sliding on the brackets before you tighten the bracket bottom screws.
post #1099 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

The green things looks like drywall anchors. Forget those and use the screws to secure the brackets to the joists. Then hang the screen housing on the bracket, and secure it by tightening the phillips screw shown on the bottom of the bracket in your picture. Very easy and works very well. You can adjust the housing left or right by sliding on the brackets before you tighten the bracket bottom screws.

Ah that makes sense. I just thought I had to use them because there's no reference to them in the manual I received.
post #1100 of 1236
Took about an hour but its up!!!



There's a smell from the material but no worries. Should be getting my projector soon and then its all about PS4 and Xb1!

Will post pics once I have my projector.
post #1101 of 1236
Nice! Easy, wasn't it?
You'll love it when you get the projector!
post #1102 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

Nice! Easy, wasn't it?
You'll love it when you get the projector!

Yeah just order my W1070 today. Should have everything ready by the weekend.
post #1103 of 1236
Sweet! Be sure to come back with your impressions!
post #1104 of 1236
I have a w1070 with my elunevision reference 4k as well and love the image. Would love to hear your thoughts.
post #1105 of 1236
How about you post some pics first smile.gif I'm getting my w1070 tomorrow so I'll post my impressions then.
post #1106 of 1236
I've been a happy owner of an 84" Motorized Tab-Tensioned Reference 4K screen for over 3 months now. But as much as I like the convenience and cost/quality factor of this screen I have to admit there is still some texturing and sparkling to the screen. I mean, it is very insignificant but is still present. I know of only 1 company which produces completely textureless screens but they're rigid thus doesn't have the same convenient form-factor as this one. So I still believe this one's is the best value on the market right now (among standard MW screens which are best suited to dedicated HT rooms).
post #1107 of 1236
Here are some pics of my setup. I had put some earlier but here they are again just in case:




post #1108 of 1236
So I setup my w1070 and the picture came out great, just need to tweak the setup a bit and it's perfect. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is setting the screen height. Ie how far it goes down. So I fully extended it, then I put the yellow thing into the hole I turned a quarter and then the screen lowered half an inch. I raised the screen up to the preferred height and then took the yellow thing out.

After retracting the screen fully and then lowering it again it keeps going past the point I set.

What am I doing wrong? FYI my manul says my screen is supposed to have two holes to input the yellow thing. I only have one and can move between 3 and 4.

Help!
post #1109 of 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankir View Post

So I setup my w1070 and the picture came out great, just need to tweak the setup a bit and it's perfect. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is setting the screen height. Ie how far it goes down. So I fully extended it, then I put the yellow thing into the hole I turned a quarter and then the screen lowered half an inch. I raised the screen up to the preferred height and then took the yellow thing out.

After retracting the screen fully and then lowering it again it keeps going past the point I set.

What am I doing wrong? FYI my manul says my screen is supposed to have two holes to input the yellow thing. I only have one and can move between 3 and 4.

Help!

Funny I was just about to post the exact same question. There is another hole on the inside of the case but I thought the hole where 3/4 is is the one needed to adjust the the height and drop. I have been trying to get this to work cause I want to adjust the drop of the screen as well since I finally determined where it needs to be.

Please any help on this would be appreciated.
post #1110 of 1236
I ended up misplacing the shorter yellow tool so I am stuck with the longer one. I seem to be having a bit of difficulty using it to adjust the how much the screen drops. Any tips as the one to adjust the drop is on the inside part of the case.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Screens
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Screens › EluneVision screens