or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › My VANTAGE HD has ARRIVED!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My VANTAGE HD has ARRIVED!!!!! - Page 41

post #1201 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

Hi Sta,

What is result of your test with an other VHD regarding stuttering ?

Regards,
alex_t

Alex, I should make the test this weekend. I will report the result.

It's a pity that nobody from Calibre is able to reply to the SDI questions.
post #1202 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta View Post

Alex, I should make the test this weekend. I will report the result.

It's a pity that nobody from Calibre is able to reply to the SDI questions.

Hi Sta and thank you for this test.

I agree with you about Calibre support
post #1203 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta View Post

Alex, I should make the test this weekend. I will report the result.

It's a pity that nobody from Calibre is able to reply to the SDI questions.

Hi,

I asked HD-SDI delivery question again and got next back:

Hi Jukka,


I sent this information to all the Vantage Distributors on Monday, we are close
now but still not 100% there.


"We now have HD-SDI expansion boards built and tested and they work great.
However, there are still issues we are resolving with respect to the
interactivity between the boards and Vantage-HD. This is proving complicated
as we have to ensure that any changes we make do not affect the main Vantage-HD
hardware, so that all users can make use of the HD-SDI expansion. A dedicated
engineering team is working on this and we hope to have these resolved within a
few days, but cannot be totally certain of this"


As soon as we start shipping we will make all the distributors aware and there
will be a note on the website.
post #1204 of 1635
the same I received from my pusher
post #1205 of 1635
Hello with all,
I have had Vantage for a few months and I am satisfied.
Except on a point.
I find that it behaves badly in SD. There is enormously ALIASING ! On the movement rapids mainly.

Do you have the same concern?

I use it in hdmi with a pioneer 868 in 1280x720p on a projector Sanyo Z4.

Thank you very much

In a friendly way,
post #1206 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_yo View Post

Hello with all,
I have had Vantage for a few months and I am satisfied.
Except on a point.
I find that it behaves badly in SD. There is enormously ALIASING ! On the movement rapids mainly.

Do you have the same concern?

I use it in hdmi with a pioneer 868 in 1280x720p on a projector Sanyo Z4.

Thank you very much

In a friendly way,

Hello.

A friend of mine has exactly the same issue with his sanyo Z5 and pioneer 696 in HDMI. Moreover this ALIASING issue does not exist if pioneer 696 is plugged directly to Z5 in HDMI (vantage is powered off).

I hope calibre works to solve this bad SD anti-aliasing process.

regards
alex_t
post #1207 of 1635
The Vantage does have an odd combing problem with HDMI and SD that may be related, but it can often be resolved by refreshing the input. You can turn the unit off and then on again. You can also select the HDMI output mode (don't change it, just select it) and then navigate off the menu. The screen will go blank for a second and then it will look correct.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8763998
post #1208 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

Hello.

A friend of mine has exactly the same issue with his sanyo Z5 and pioneer 696 in HDMI. Moreover this ALIASING issue does not exist if pioneer 696 is plugged directly to Z5 in HDMI (vantage is powered off).

I hope calibre works to solve this bad SD anti-aliasing process.

regards
alex_t

Hello Alex,
Your friend has the same problem exactly. It is always reassuring.
The 868 on line on Z4 and I do not have any more the problem.
I also have the last firmware of Calibre.

Good courage with your friend.

So long
post #1209 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHuffman View Post

The Vantage does have an odd combing problem with HDMI and SD that may be related, but it can often be resolved by refreshing the input. You can turn the unit off and then on again. You can also select the HDMI output mode (don't change it, just select it) and then navigate off the menu. The screen will go blank for a second and then it will look correct.

Hello TomHuffman,
Thank you for your councils.
I am afraid not not to have very understood...I am sorry
I will make the tests on the level of the menus and the connector industry. I will make a test with another entry.

regards
post #1210 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_yo View Post

Hello Alex,
Your friend has the same problem exactly. It is always reassuring.
The 868 on line on Z4 and I do not have any more the problem.
I also have the last firmware of Calibre.

Good courage with your friend.

So long

Hi super_yo.

We are 5 french vantage users and we have written a letter to calibre in which aliasing issue is described for SD source. Unfortunately, calibre says that anti-aliasing process is very good into vantage HD.

Consequently, I think that aliasing issue is, in fact, a consequence of a bad deinterlacing of SD (480i and 576i). Have you tried to configure your PIONEER in 576p or 480p ? In 576p or 480p, vantage HD does not execute deinterlacing but only video filter and scaling.

regards
alex_t
post #1211 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

Hi super_yo.

We are 5 french vantage users and we have written a letter to calibre in which aliasing issue is described for SD source. Unfortunately, calibre says that anti-aliasing process is very good into vantage HD.

Consequently, I think that aliasing issue is, in fact, a consequence of a bad deinterlacing of SD (480i and 576i). Have you tried to configure your PIONEER in 576p or 480p ? In 576p or 480p, vantage HD does not execute deinterlacing but only video filter and scaling.

regards
alex_t

Hi alex_t,
Thank you for your councils.
I will make the test.
This-known as, so more no problem into progressive, I see too the utility of Vantage
post #1212 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

OK - Here it is!

Caveat - this may, of course, nullify your warranty - especially if you damage the VHD while performing the upgrade. However, I'm sure that the folks at Calibre will recognize that the new fans make the unit much cooler than before - not to mention QUIETER

<< Cut the rest >>

That´s great, but in the newest version of the Vantage there is no 12V Connector anymore - there is only the 5V connector for the new original from Calibre equippmed 5V Titan Fan.

Any recommends for a replacement of that one ? I didn´t find a fan with 5v which is REALLY silent.

Any recommandations welcome !

Thanks,
Take care
Thomas
post #1213 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_yo View Post

Hi alex_t,
Thank you for your councils.
I will make the test.
This-known as, so more no problem into progressive, I see too the utility of Vantage

Hi super_yo !

My friend found the origin of the problem.

--with OSD, in VIDEO FILTERS/MOVIE MODE, it has to be selected VIDEO or MOVIE according to source content instead of AUTO when issue appears.

Regars
alex_t
post #1214 of 1635
Hi Alex. Did your friend try to change back to auto mode to see if it was just a refresh type of problem? As you probably know we've had several cases of that in earlier releases.

Btw, I see jaggies from time to time with 576i from my satelite decoder. It's hard to tell what's going on because you can't rewind and play again. The worst program to watch is WRC....the jaggies are so bad it must be the source.
post #1215 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

Hi super_yo !

My friend found the origin of the problem.

--with OSD, in VIDEO FILTERS/MOVIE MODE, it has to be selected VIDEO or MOVIE according to source content instead of AUTO when issue appears.

Regars
alex_t

Hi Alex
I made all the tests of all the speakers. Without success unfortunately
The refreshing of the hdmi does not change anything.

I tested the osd and it goes very well. It was the problem. It is necessary that I use these functions manually.
It did not recognize my flims video personnel in Auto mode !

Thank you very much Alex
post #1216 of 1635
I recently got a Nintendo Wii. Because timing is critical when playing most games on this machine (for instance tennis), it is not possible to connect to the VantageHD.

Has anyone asked Calibre for a low latency 'game' mode like DVDO has? Or at the very least a bypass option?
post #1217 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorAtle View Post

I recently got a Nintendo Wii. Because timing is critical when playing most games on this machine (for instance tennis), it is not possible to connect to the VantageHD.

Has anyone asked Calibre for a low latency 'game' mode like DVDO has? Or at the very least a bypass option?

Try using component cables with the Wii, and set it to progressive-scan output. That should significantly help.

I sent an email to info@hqv.com on May 8th, 2006 asking whether this was a planned feature of the HQV Realta (as well as some other technical questions), but unfortunately, didn't hear back.
post #1218 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_tyrrill View Post

Try using component cables with the Wii, and set it to progressive-scan output. That should significantly help.

I have a xbox 360 connected that way, and the lag is not something I notice. I have turned off noise reduction etc, and since the xbox outputs 720p the VantageHD really doesn't have to do anything. The output from Wii will have to be scaled though.

The component cables are not yet available here unfortunately.

Thanks.
post #1219 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_tyrrill View Post

Try using component cables with the Wii, and set it to progressive-scan output. That should significantly help.

I sent an email to info@hqv.com on May 8th, 2006 asking whether this was a planned feature of the HQV Realta (as well as some other technical questions), but unfortunately, didn't hear back.

Hi Jeff,

I can answer that - yes Realta has a low-latency game mode. Obviously you give up some deinterlacing quality, but if your console is outputting progressive that doesnt matter. Even if it was outputting interlaced we find that the algorithm we use in low latency mode looks very good for games.

Thanks,

Andy K.
ASIC Design Engineer
Silicon Optix, Inc.
post #1220 of 1635
Thanks Andy!

I'll send an email to Calibre and post an update once I hear from them.
post #1221 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

Hi Jeff,

I can answer that - yes Realta has a low-latency game mode. Obviously you give up some deinterlacing quality, but if your console is outputting progressive that doesnt matter. Even if it was outputting interlaced we find that the algorithm we use in low latency mode looks very good for games.

Thanks,

Andy K.
ASIC Design Engineer
Silicon Optix, Inc.

Hi Andy,

do you by any chance know how many frames each processing takes. I believe scaling, MNR, NR all takes up some latency?

Oliver
post #1222 of 1635
Hi Oliver,

Deinterlacing & Noise Reduction take up most of the latency. Frame rate conversion (for example, from PAL 50Hz to NTSC 60Hz) takes up a frame of latency if you require it. The remaining latencies are very small (less than a frame time total).

Thanks,

Andy K.
ASIC Design Engineer
Silicon Optix, Inc.
post #1223 of 1635
Any word on the next firmware update from Calibre? We've been waiting for test patterns for a really long time now.
post #1224 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

Hi Oliver,

Deinterlacing & Noise Reduction take up most of the latency. Frame rate conversion (for example, from PAL 50Hz to NTSC 60Hz) takes up a frame of latency if you require it. The remaining latencies are very small (less than a frame time total).

Thanks,

Andy K.
ASIC Design Engineer
Silicon Optix, Inc.

Hi kromkamp.

I see that you are an engineer at Silicon Optix and I have a question about Realta chip.

Is Realta chip able to manage frame rate output different than 50 or 60 Hz such as 24, 48, 72 Hz ? Many video projecteur accept now 1080p24 (sony pearl) or 1080p48 (sony ruby) as input.

I'm a vantage HD owner and for the moment this scaler can not output video signal at 24/48 or 72 Hz.

Thank you.

Best regards
Alex_t
post #1225 of 1635
new 1.2.3E release.

issues with HD SDI kit and 1.0 mainboard. how can we see if the unit we have has the 1.0 installed? serial number?


HD SDI board despatch?
post #1226 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta View Post

new 1.2.3E release.

issues with HD SDI kit and 1.0 mainboard. how can we see if the unit we have has the 1.0 installed? serial number?


HD SDI board despatch?

Is the relase stable? Test pattern?
post #1227 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedtsc View Post

Is the relase stable? Test pattern?

Hi all !

Not yet tested and test pattern is not mentionned in the release note.

regards
alex_t
post #1228 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta View Post

new 1.2.3E release.

issues with HD SDI kit and 1.0 mainboard. how can we see if the unit we have has the 1.0 installed? serial number?


HD SDI board despatch?

Hi sta.

To know if your vantage has a 1.0 main board, you has to be sent an email to Post-sales technical support of calibre with your serial number.

I do that this morinig and no problem for my vantage, it is ready for new HD-SDI module.

regards
alex_t
post #1229 of 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post

Hi sta.

To know if your vantage has a 1.0 main board, you has to be sent an email to Post-sales technical support of calibre with your serial number.

I do that this morinig and no problem for my vantage, it is ready for new HD-SDI module.

regards
alex_t

thank you alex!
post #1230 of 1635
Is anyone home at Calibre? I sent an email to them 3 days ago about not being able to synch to 480i via HDMI (It synchs but has severe combing) and have not heard anything from them. I am running 1.2.3a, and having searched this thread, I now know that I can 'force' it to synch to SD by putting the Vantage in standby and then turning it back on.

However, I would like an acknowledgement from them that they are working on a fix for this...

Do any of the other firmware revisions fix this issue? I hesitate to switch to another version because, other than this, everything else seems to work very well with 1.2.3a

Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Processors › My VANTAGE HD has ARRIVED!!!!!