Originally Posted by jbhungvt
Great trim work Mike,
I definitely should drop by to look at your space before it's done.
couple of questions.
1. Have you tested how well you sound proof your HT?
2. Did you do anything extra to cover the existing ductwork in your HT?
3. When you framed the 4 HT walls, are they touching either other or are they framed independly, ie. 4 walls not touching each other.
You said you have 2 rows of seating, is the bar included in the rows of seating? The render didn't have the bar so I wasn't sure where the bar is located in the room.
Oh, since I live in South riding also, does that mean i'm too late to use the same HT name?
1) I haven't really tested it formally, but there is definitely less noise coming through the ceiling in that room than in the rest of the basement in terms of footsteps and such. and even knocking on the ceiling and walls compared to the other walls down there is impressive. The HT walls and ceiling are like a rock compared to a bassdrum if you knock on the ceiling just outside the door.
I also have a good size air compressor (not a pancake one) that i ran just outside the door and when I closed the door the noise level dropped considerably. I did that before I even had the casing up and almost all of the noise seemed to be coming from the gaps around the perimeter, bottom and handle hole that still need to be sealed.
Based on my initial impressions I think I will be very happy with the results. That GG is great stuff! Due to the amount of ductwork above that room I knew going into it that I wasn't going for perfection there, but I think so far the results have exceeded my expectations.
2) Packed around them with R13 and put on a little dynamat that was left over from my car stereo days.
3) Touching, but they are seperated from the foundation wall a little.
Bar is outside the room. Two rows of seating around the 13-15' and 18-20' marks if I recall correctly. I was thinking 2 rows of berk 88's singles on the outside with loveseats in the middle. They are smaller so I can fit that with approx a 30" isle down the left side and the right side away from the wall a little.
Man I should have put a little TM or copywrite mark on the name when I started this thread