or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 32083
Some Game Price Points now appearing, and as I predicted, the $70 games for Ps3 are there.

But the $95 game???

This is still up in the air though....

Preise von Segas PS3- und Wii-Spielen

31.05.06 - Atari hat Preise von PS3- und Wii-Spielen veröffentlicht, die sich auf die Beneluxländer beziehen. Die Spiele sind von Sega, allerdings übernimmt Atari den Vertrieb der Software in diesen Regionen.

- Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3): Euro 67,99 - $86.25 USD
- World Snooker Championship 2007 (PS3): Euro 73,99 - $93.97 USD
- Sonic Wild Fire (Wii): Euro 59,99 - $75.95 USD
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii): Euro 59,99 - $75.95 USD


Inwiefern die Preise auch auf Deutschland zutreffen, bleibt abzuwarten: Hierzulande regelt Sega den Vertrieb und hat noch keine offiziellen Preisangaben zu den obigen Spielen gemacht.
CLICK (JeuxVideo: 'Les prix des jeux Playstation 3 et Wii')

Atari Publishes all Sega games in germany , keep in mind add about 10 dollars for a game in germany. Which puts Nintendo Wii games about 59.99 pricepoint and PS3 games at a 69.99 pricepoint.

http://gamefront.de/

(scroll about half way down)
post #212 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdWho View Post

Some Game Price Points now appearing, and as I predicted, the $70 games for Ps3 are there.

But the $95 game???

This is still up in the air though....

Preise von Segas PS3- und Wii-Spielen

31.05.06 - Atari hat Preise von PS3- und Wii-Spielen veröffentlicht, die sich auf die Beneluxländer beziehen. Die Spiele sind von Sega, allerdings übernimmt Atari den Vertrieb der Software in diesen Regionen.

- Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3): Euro 67,99 - $86.25 USD
- World Snooker Championship 2007 (PS3): Euro 73,99 - $93.97 USD
- Sonic Wild Fire (Wii): Euro 59,99 - $75.95 USD
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii): Euro 59,99 - $75.95 USD


Inwiefern die Preise auch auf Deutschland zutreffen, bleibt abzuwarten: Hierzulande regelt Sega den Vertrieb und hat noch keine offiziellen Preisangaben zu den obigen Spielen gemacht.
CLICK (JeuxVideo: 'Les prix des jeux Playstation 3 et Wii')

Atari Publishes all Sega games in germany , keep in mind add about 10 dollars for a game in germany. Which puts Nintendo Wii games about 59.99 pricepoint and PS3 games at a 69.99 pricepoint.

http://gamefront.de/

(scroll about half way down)

I think it's more FUD and speculation. The European market has always been more expensive and downright screwy anyways.


I will say this: IF it ultimately comes to pass that these HORRIBLE prices become fact? They're begging for a repeat of pre-NES crash of the console videogame market ultimately.

THAT is just absurd.
post #213 of 32083
You're out of your mind if you think that news bit can just be coverted like that. I'll bet you $95 that Super Monkey Ball for the Wii will not retail for $75.95 USD.
post #214 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazar View Post

You're out of your mind if you think that news bit can just be coverted like that. I'll bet you $95 that Super Monkey Ball for the Wii will not retail for $75.95 USD.

Grain of salt duly noted.

Very large grain of salt.
post #215 of 32083
Quote:


Besides defending the PS3, Harrison took time to evangelize the device, which will launch worldwide this November. In particular he said the Linux-based operating system on the console's hard drive will have enough processing power and non-gaming functionalities to render traditional PCs--most of which use a form of Microsoft's Windows OS--moot in the home. "We believe that the PS3 will be the place where our users play games, watch films, browse the Web, and use other [home] computer functions," said Harrison. "The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152133.html

Well that comfirms PS3 running Linux, now that will be a nice HTPC
post #216 of 32083
If you are a big sony fan, you may want to avoid this link.

Video Game centric article. Big Point, Sony not paying off the bill for Rumble Features in the PS2, and the lack of rumble in the PS3, and what it's gonna cost them.

http://taketa.livejournal.com/5325.html
post #217 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Als Scoff if you want because you plan to get some $1,500 BluRay player at launch, but I've actually SEEN what the PS3 can output.


At e3 they said they JUST started shipping new dev kits(which are still not final hardware) . I'm pretty sure what you saw was not a ps3 playing that video off a BR disc but a VERY high bitrate playing off a Harddrive and who knows what was outputting it. I would bet money on the fact it wasnt an acutal ps3 playing that video tho and I doubt it was coming from a BR disc.
post #218 of 32083
Anyone hear anything about major recent problems with the PS3...like they can't get it to play BD discs?
post #219 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

Anyone hear anything about major recent problems with the PS3...like they can't get it to play BD discs?

Where did that come from?
post #220 of 32083
Will the PS3 Blueray play be high quality ?
Or would one sold in a Dell PC be better quality ?
post #221 of 32083
Nobody has seen the PS3 play BluRay movies yet.

So it's all up in the air in that regard.
post #222 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Six-Pack View Post

Where did that come from?

i'm wondering if any "insiders" might be able to dig up some info or confirm this...
post #223 of 32083
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

i'm wondering if any "insiders" might be able to dig up some info or confirm this...

It was you who brought that up! You must have heard or read it somewhere.
post #224 of 32083
I feel bad for you guys. So so many defectives. Ouch.
post #225 of 32083
Quote:


OMG, PlayStation 3 Controller Spelling Mistake

Kotakuite Oly hit Sony's super swish Ginza showroom, which was not only displaying the PlayStation 3 for all to see, but a glaring spelling error. Instead of "SELECT", the PS3 controller reads "SERECT". Even though Sony's been batting fly balls of late, we're not going to poke fun. That would be rude. Spelling in a foreign language is hard, especially when it's an unusual word like "select".





http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/omg...ake-180260.php
post #226 of 32083
I'm not Japanese but I do have a minor in the language and will be there next week. But I can tell you that you can't make fun of them because the "l" in Japanese is pronounced like the "r". So the guy doing the translation doesn't think he messed up. Its a rough language to learn man, from personal experience.
post #227 of 32083
Praystation.
post #228 of 32083
^Yes there is a deeper meaning. LOL
post #229 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdWho View Post

Praystation.


post #230 of 32083
photoshop. if anyone believes this is real then.. LOL
post #231 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

Anyone hear anything about major recent problems with the PS3...like they can't get it to play BD discs?

I am fairly new to this but didn't the BD fanboys say that HD DVD was DOA? All I WANT is that HD DVD (either BD or Tosh HD DVD) does not become DVD-A or SACD!
post #232 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdWho View Post

Nobody has seen the PS3 play BluRay movies yet.

So it's all up in the air in that regard.


Quote:


I went into three of these in order to size up the situation - the Warhawk booth, the Blu-ray booth, and the user interface booth - and in two of the three (Warhawk and Blu-ray), the hardware used was the Playstation itself.

http://psinext.e-mpire.com/index.php..._articleid=546
post #233 of 32083
Neither rumble nor motion-sensitivity is a big deal for the PS3. And in the end, if Sony loses their last appeal, they will pay. They will pay because in the long run they'd lose far more money by withdrawing the PS2. They will pay, and the PS3 will come out, and it will live or die on its own terms.
post #234 of 32083
PLAYSTATION®3 will be the most advanced computer platform for enjoying a wide range of entertainment content, including the latest games and HD movies, in the home, said Ken Kutaragi, president and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. By introducing the next-generation HDMI 1.3 technology, with its high speed and deep color capabilities, PS3 will push the boundaries of audiovisual quality to the next level of more natural and smoother expression on the latest large flat panel displays.

http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060622.asp
post #235 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendren13 View Post

PLAYSTATION®3 will be the most advanced computer platform for enjoying a wide range of entertainment content, including the latest games and HD movies, in the home, said Ken Kutaragi, president and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. By introducing the next-generation HDMI 1.3 technology, with its high speed and deep color capabilities, PS3 will push the boundaries of audiovisual quality to the next level of more natural and smoother expression on the latest large flat panel displays.

http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060622.asp

Didnt they say similar things about BD? Saying and doing are two different things...
post #236 of 32083
Well, it will have HDMI 1.3, so that in and of itself isn't a lie.
post #237 of 32083
But not all of them. Only the $599 version.
post #238 of 32083
sony lies, all the time

I don't believe one game was running on a real ps3 at E3.. Dev Kits, sure, not a real PS3.

More Sony lies.....
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/warhawk...new-182473.php

The video shows a Motion Sensing controller with Rumble, running on the PS1 in 1999.

During E3 Sony stated they had to drop rumble cause it wouldn't fit into a controller with motion sensing. (they would have to pay big $$ to immersion to use rumble), or course that's just another Sony lie. Cause motions sensing is REVOLUTIONARY!!!! NOT!

I gurantee not 1 PS3 game was running on an actual PS3. They were at best dev kits.

Sony, sorry, just can't trust them.
post #239 of 32083
Its a great marketing ploy and it generally works in America. If you cant beat the competition (do as Intel and Sony does) market the hell out of it.
post #240 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdWho View Post

During E3 Sony stated they had to drop rumble cause it wouldn't fit into a controller with motion sensing. (they would have to pay big $$ to immersion to use rumble), or course that's just another Sony lie. Cause motions sensing is REVOLUTIONARY!!!! NOT!

Its less a lie and more a PR divergence. Sony can't go "yeah, we pulled rumble out because we did not want to pay Immersion".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdWho View Post

I gurantee not 1 PS3 game was running on an actual PS3. They were at best dev kits.

They were all Dev kits. Final hardware was only recently tapped out for the CELL and RSX.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread