or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 9

post #241 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

But not all of them. Only the $599 version.


Correct. Without an HDMI port it's hard to have HDMI 1.3. But they aren't hiding the lack of HDMI on the low-end version. So it's still not a lie. I'm not defending Sony, but even a chronic liar says something true sometimes.
post #242 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Its less a lie and more a PR divergence. Sony can't go "yeah, we pulled rumble out because we did not want to pay Immersion".



They were all Dev kits. Final hardware was only recently tapped out for the CELL and RSX.

There are dev kits, in dev boxes and then there are pre-production models in actual PS3 casings.

Did you see the link i posted, or are you just being ignorant?
post #243 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdWho View Post

sony lies, all the time

I don't believe one game was running on a real ps3 at E3.. Dev Kits, sure, not a real PS3.

More Sony lies.....
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/warhawk...new-182473.php

The video shows a Motion Sensing controller with Rumble, running on the PS1 in 1999.

During E3 Sony stated they had to drop rumble cause it wouldn't fit into a controller with motion sensing. (they would have to pay big $$ to immersion to use rumble), or course that's just another Sony lie. Cause motions sensing is REVOLUTIONARY!!!! NOT!

I gurantee not 1 PS3 game was running on an actual PS3. They were at best dev kits.

Sony, sorry, just can't trust them.

You sound like a bitter man, why even bother to post in this PS3 thread?
post #244 of 32083
tintin1001 I like you because you realize what Sony is doing.
post #245 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin1001 View Post

You sound like a bitter man, why even bother to post in this PS3 thread?

LOL!!!!

I love sony fanboys.....you sir are a classic!
post #246 of 32083
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060626/sony_outlook.html?.v=1

At its Nov. 17 launch, Sony will offer a basic model for $499 and a more fully featured one for $599, prices that are much higher than competing consoles -- Nintendo Co.'s Wii, expected out later this year, and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360, which is already on the market.

"The price of the PS3 is high, but you are paying for potential," Stringer said.


I hope this works out for Howard. Even if it doesn't, I'm sure he has a golden parachute. Something we as customers never seem to have when we buy in.

k
post #247 of 32083
Paying for Potential....why do PR guys get away with this crap all the time?
post #248 of 32083
Paying for Potential.. Do they always need to state the obvious. Of course I'm paying for potential, just like I did with the 360, xbox, PS2, just as people are doing with HD-DVD players and Blu-ray players. Surely people aren't buying consoles strictly for launch games and launch HD movies to never buy again Maybe some fit into that category but they are in the minority if they do exists.
post #249 of 32083
What I never hear from the Sony haters is the fully optioned X Box 360 is going to be the same price as the high end PS3 but with less fuctionality.

The high end PS3 is $599,
the high end X Box 360 is $399, add the HD DVD player & you have $599 but, the X Box 360 doesn't have HDMI & can not use the HD DVD drive for games, That means the PS# games can be much larger,.

Think about that!
post #250 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post

What I never hear from the Sony haters is the fully optioned X Box 360 is going to be the same price as the high end PS3 but with less fuctionality.

The high end PS3 is $599,
the high end X Box 360 is $399, add the HD DVD player & you have $599 but, the X Box 360 doesn't have HDMI & can not use the HD DVD drive for games, That means the PS# games can be much larger,.

Think about that!

Don't forget 40GB more space on the HDD (20GB on the 360 is $100) and the option to buy your own as well, not propriatary

Also, from what I've read HDMI 1.3 on the PS3 allows for deeper color, which provides a better picture than component. Hopefully the 360 gets this later as an add-on, I'd certainly buy it for my 360.
post #251 of 32083
I stopped at the Arrowhead Circuit City tonight. They had a big display for Blu-ray next to a tv playing a standard dvd player. Then the actual blu-ray player was off in a corner playing a standard dvd. Oh yeah, this makes sense.

I asked two salesguys where the HD-dvd was. They told me they weren't going to stock it for at least three months. That is just bizarre.

Now, this is just silly and it's pure rumor-mongering but this is what they said - they heard Sony was pulling blu-ray out of the PS3. Nuts. Would be pretty interesting if true. Maybe Sony realizes they can't get it together by fall and would be better off with an actual PS3 that can be sold for $399. Maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot. Who knows. Interesting rumor, anyway.

-M
post #252 of 32083
Seriously, come on. CC employees having industry insights?
post #253 of 32083
Don't you think we would have heard if Sony was even rumored to have pulled the BD out of the PS3?
post #254 of 32083
A CC twit who has worked in the same store for eight years still has to ask directions to the restroom. I doubt they know zip about PS3.
post #255 of 32083
Hence the 'chinese jet pilot' comment.

10 points to the first person to correctly identify the movie that is from.

-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprmallet View Post

Don't you think we would have heard if Sony was even rumored to have pulled the BD out of the PS3?
post #256 of 32083
Army of Darkness. What do I do with 10 points, though?
post #257 of 32083
You could apply it toward a purchase of a BD-free PS3.
post #258 of 32083
Impressive, indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

To answer your question, if you get 1000 points you get 1% off a blu-ray version of 'The Fifth Element'.

You still have to wonder what's going on with Sony. It's hard to put a happy face on a) CES disaster, and b) blu-ray launch disaster.

-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1 View Post

Army of Darkness. What do I do with 10 points, though?
post #259 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D View Post

A CC twit who has worked in the same store for eight years still has to ask directions to the restroom. I doubt they know zip about PS3.

U are a big shot working for big corp . SO WHAT !!! ... i find the post offensive !
post #260 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by g55555sim View Post

U are a big shot working for big corp . SO WHAT !!! ... i find the post offensive !

No I don't work for any corporation. Sorry but I don't care too much for CC and it has nothing to do with dvix.
post #261 of 32083
CC does not or have ever carried HD DVD players- as far as the So Cal region.
post #262 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by g55555sim View Post

... i find the post offensive !

But more true than not.

The point is this: Historically, big chain employees (in North America) usually know very little about the products they sell. Very little.
post #263 of 32083
Maybe not in stores but they do sell the RCA HD DVD online.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/RCA-H...oductDetail.do
post #264 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Shot View Post

CC does not or have ever carried HD DVD players- as far as the So Cal region.


They do online.. so maybe the OP has a point and they will start carrying in store in 3 months...

OTOH... 3 posts and all in this thread????

Circuit City RCA HD-DVD Page
post #265 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Shot View Post

CC does not or have ever carried HD DVD players- as far as the So Cal region.

Last time I was in CC in Reno about two weeks ago they had no HD DVD players not even the RCA. They did have a few HD DVD movies mixed in with the DVD selections. The time before that one of the CC sales guys told me HD DVD had been delayed until 2007. At BB today and watched a bit of the BD demo. Chicken Little looked the best (all the others looked a bit soft) so while it's fresh in my mind I'm going to put that std DVD movie on my Tosh and see how it compares upscaled to th BD image.

Anyone know if R.C. Willey has HD DVD players or movies?
post #266 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjodet View Post

Now, this is just silly and it's pure rumor-mongering but this is what they said - they heard Sony was pulling blu-ray out of the PS3. Nuts. Would be pretty interesting if true. Maybe Sony realizes they can't get it together by fall and would be better off with an actual PS3 that can be sold for $399. Maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot. Who knows. Interesting rumor, anyway.

-M

$399? You mean $599.
post #267 of 32083
If they pull BD, they could charge $399.
post #268 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D View Post

A CC twit who has worked in the same store for eight years still has to ask directions to the restroom.

Thanks Robert. I laughed so hard I almost tore my sac!
post #269 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjodet View Post

I stopped at the Arrowhead Circuit City tonight. They had a big display for Blu-ray next to a tv playing a standard dvd player. Then the actual blu-ray player was off in a corner playing a standard dvd. Oh yeah, this makes sense.

I asked two salesguys where the HD-dvd was. They told me they weren't going to stock it for at least three months. That is just bizarre.

Now, this is just silly and it's pure rumor-mongering but this is what they said - they heard Sony was pulling blu-ray out of the PS3. Nuts. Would be pretty interesting if true. Maybe Sony realizes they can't get it together by fall and would be better off with an actual PS3 that can be sold for $399. Maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot. Who knows. Interesting rumor, anyway.

-M

I thought Sony was forcing all game developers to put their games on BD so it has to have the BD drive.
post #270 of 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjodet View Post

Impressive, indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. Do I get points too?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › One-and-Only PS3 as Blu-Ray Player Thread