Here’s a close-up of one of the new signature plaques and spectral balance control decals.
As mentioned before, these two items took way more time then I originally imagined.
First, the art work very involved for both. I used CorelDraw, which first I had to learn how to use.
Second, I had to figure out how to physically make them.
The original plaque was etched (ether chemically or electroliticaly) and not engraved. No one did it locally; I did it electroliticaly with a lot of trial and error.
The new plaque.
The original spectral balance control decal was metallic gold lettering silk-screened on semi-gloss black vinyl. Again, no one did it locally. After I finished the artwork, I had a local printing shop print the image on a clear transparency. Then I applied a self-adhesive metallic gold vinyl (used in vinyl lettering) to the backside, then used a light spray adhesive to mount it to the terminal cup.
The printed clear transparency and self-adhesive metallic gold vinyl before being applied a to the backside.
Original, with knobs removed for comparison.