Hello. I have several newbie questions with TWC's TV service, with its Motolora DVR when home and away:
1. I keep getting "We see you're away from home. Some channels are now available for viewing out of your home. The full TWC TV line-up will return when your device is reconnected to your home network." Is there no way to watch all the channels remotely?
2. Is Silverlight required? I use Linux. I had to use a very old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine to use it.
3. "Your TWC TV is not connected to a DVR, so you cannot currently use this feature. If you have DVR service on your Time Warner Cable video account and would like to manage your DVR, please connect to your DVR by choosing 'DVR' from the list of devices on your account, here." I connected Box1 remotely and it showed connected, but I still get this error. Why? Does it only work at home?
4. Where are all the good movies like on HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.?
5. Is it me or is the video quality not that good as true HD?
1. Is it me or is its web site horribly slow? I treid two different computers too.
2. What's the point of this web site? Isn't it supposed to let me watch TWC's TV from anywhere at home and remotely likw twctv.com web site? I don't even see a log in/out option? Am I missing something?
Also, why does online ordering a new non-DVR HD cable box (pick up and self install from a local TWC store) made this appear in the online account in https://myservices.timewarnercable.com/myservices/account/index
after logging in?
Appointment Date: Tuesday, December 03
Arrival Time: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Type: Service Appointment
Worker Order #: ...
Things you need to know before your appointment:
Someone 18 years or older, with a valid photo ID, must be at home for the duration of your appointment.
The technician will call to verify you are at home prior to arrival.
There may be fees associated with your appointment which may include service charges, installation fees and/or a deposit.
Note to Renters: If your service requires custom wiring, you will need to provide our technician with a letter of consent from your landlord."
Why? The order never said this. It's a simple self-install rental cable box to add to a working cable system (TV+Internet+Phone)! It was free to get from TWC store too!
Did anyone else have these problems? Thank you in advance. Edited by phildaant - 11/28/13 at 6:35am