Originally Posted by cerrato
I have a new 50PX60U and I am trying to figure out how to do several things:
1. How can I get the Aspect Ratio I have set for the current input (Cable) to stay the same when I change the input source (DVD), and then change back (Cable)?
2. Is there a way to prevent the CH+/- buttons from doing anything? I am not using an antenna, so if I press these buttons by mistake it always results in a screen of "snow".
3. Is there a way to disable the "TV" and "Video 3" inputs so that when I use the TV/Video button I have fewer items to scroll through?
4. During break-in period should color temp be set to "cool" or "warm"?
1. Use different picture modes for each, i.e. Standard for cable and Cinema for DVD. That way, the Panny will save your aspect ratio preferences for each.
2. Try auto programming the channels and let it cycle all the way through until the end. Set it to "Cable" and "Analog only". If you're hooked up with a cable box, it should only detect one strong signal (for channel 3, for example), and that way, pressing the channel up/down buttons later won't mess you up (it will only have channel 3 in its memory).
3. You can disable whatever inputs you like in Menu>Setup EXCEPT TV, if you select SKIP for that input. It will still show in the TV/Video menu but will be greyed out and will scroll over that option.
4. Color temp doesn't matter, but it is recommended to keep picture at +15 or lower for the first 100 hours, and to limit any static images or black/grey bars.