Originally Posted by hdtvincr
Explain further please. By entries left in the registry, you mean you physically looked at the registry itself and found entries, or using CW_EPG or MyHD you still observed scheduled captures?
If it is the former rather than the latter, then this is normal.
That may be normal, but see the last of this post.
Let me say that I made the first post because the discussion on CW_EPG was drifting toward that it must be a CW_EPG problem. I simply wanted to post an alert that I had seen phantom scheduling conflicts long before HDAuto appeared so the finger pointing at CW_EPG should be reduced a bit.
I have seen the phantom scheduling conflicts several times, sufficient to build my option that there may be a problem. I have not seen phantom scheduling conflicts enough times to cause me to go on a bug hunt. As the last time was 2-3 months ago I do not have a fresh memory. As I found a workaround by changing the new entry from once scheduling (Monday 3/27/2006) to a repeat -M----- and I remember doing that several times, that's why I suspect a mixed 3/27/2006 vs -M----- checking condition.
Yes, I did look at the registry with regedit. You say that "RESERVATION_INFO_VCH_049" stuff left is normal. OK. What is the method that the entries are marked inactive. Or is there a counter?
How did the entries get into the registry or inactive ones being considered active? Probably by the numerous crashes I see every week. I had another one a few hours ago, the picture and sound just stopped and my HTPC with MyHD would not respond at all. Pressing the "Dead Start Button" (Reset) was needed to continue.
Then when I was backing up on my full time (2 Hours, 2 minutes) time shift files the video was lost (black). I closed MyHD and restarted it and I was able to backup and watch the news which was time shifted while I watched an analog channel earlier.
Until I or someone else sees a phantom scheduling conflict and saves the registry entries and reports what they were trying to add, it may not be possible to pin down what exactly may be the problem.
I just looked at the registry on my HTPC and I found 50 entries RESERVATION_INFO_VCH_049.
MyHD and CW_ERG show that I currently have 16 scheduled captures. As I said, it has been 2-3 months since the last phantom scheduling conflict was seen.
Perhaps the display of capture events stops using one condition criteria at 16 and the conflict checking stops using an different criteria and sees all 50 and reports a conflict.
I can see how crashes could cause inactive entries to be messed up and become partially active.
Then there is the real conflict between two captures that actually was in the MyHD list I spotted several months ago. Maybe a crash was involved with that also.
Without a registry dump when a phantom scheduling conflict is reported, it may not be worth doing anything more.
But then I have often looked at source code with much less information and found the bug.
The registry dump for use by all was for O.E. not I.E.
The "Tomsterdam" site is gone but I found that what I was using was marked not for "XP".
So a different method to capture the registry entries must be looked for. Sorry, I should have checked first.
Maybe we should take this discussion off line until more information is available.
Stephen H. Fischer