or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Strange Xlobby problem, need help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Strange Xlobby problem, need help  

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I also posted this over at the Xlobby forum, but it isn't very active of there

I am having a strange problem with the Xlobby music section.

First of all, I am using the default skin

There is a search feature here where you can filter by genre. Most of the time this works out fine, but about 20 albums are being listed with their Artist name as a Genre. They are all tagged properly with the correct Genre, but for some reason it is not importing correctly.

For example, I used Music Match to tag 18 Bob Marley albums. These are all tagged with a genre of Reggae. When I import them to Xlobby though, the genre switches to Bob Marley on two of the albums, but the other 16 display fine.

This happens for a few artists and one thing I noticed is that all but one of the ones this is occuring too are "Greatest Hits" albums. I have no idea why this is occuring. I have re-tagged all the files and deleted the DB in XLOBBY and Re-imported and it is still occuring.

This is by no means a deal breaker problem, but it is a little weird, any ideas?
post #2 of 18
Are there punctuation marks or something in any of the fields that could be messing things up. The Database in XLobby is just an XML document, which needs special character markers - like &AMP - to function properly.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
There is no difference in the tags.

Musicmatch has a feature where you can highlight all the songs and just enter items such as "Artist", "Album" and "Genre" once and updates all the tages at the same time. I even tried changing all the tags and then setting them back and it didn't make a difference. They display fine is Musicmatch and in Windows Media Player, but something is happening when they are exported to Xlobby.
post #4 of 18
I have experienced an analogous problem, and posted about it on the Xlobby forum to no avail. Some of my files were mistagged during my automated EAC > Flac rip process (I'm assuming bad info in the freedb EAC uses to create filenames). Typically, the artist/album names were flipped, or the tracks did not get named. Anyway, no amount of tag editing or database deletion would fix the problem -- Xlobby kept reading those old, incorrect tags. I ended up having to decode back to .wav, re-encode to Flac with Add Tags unchecked and then tag from scratch.

Are you, by any chance, ripping with EAC to FLAC as well? Maybe it has something to do with FLAC tagging protocol...
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensibull
I have experienced an analogous problem, and posted about it on the Xlobby forum to no avail. Some of my files were mistagged during my automated EAC > Flac rip process (I'm assuming bad info in the freedb EAC uses to create filenames). Typically, the artist/album names were flipped, or the tracks did not get named. Anyway, no amount of tag editing or database deletion would fix the problem -- Xlobby kept reading those old, incorrect tags. I ended up having to decode back to .wav, re-encode to Flac with Add Tags unchecked and then tag from scratch.

Are you, by any chance, ripping with EAC to FLAC as well? Maybe it has something to do with FLAC tagging protocol...

Nope just 320 kbps mp3's
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Something I just noticed. It is not actually just happening with greatest hits, it is occuring for any multiple disk set. For instance if I have Aerosmith greates hits and have seperate folders for disk 1 and 2, then it is showing Aerosmith as the Genre. It is not happening on anything that is only one disk

though even if I use Tag and Rename to look at the files the correct Genre shows up
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Anymore ideas?
post #8 of 18
Yeah. Check out the thread I linked in your Xlobby post. The newly posted tool (xscan) from the French Team might be just the ticket for you.
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks looks like that may be exaclty what I need, I will try it when I get home
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
I tried this tool, after I unzipped I ran the install.bat file, but then when I clicked on the EXE to open the file I got a "Run Time Error 13" message. Looks like another user on the XLOBBY forum got the same message.

anyone know any tricks for this?
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev
Something I just noticed. It is not actually just happening with greatest hits, it is occuring for any multiple disk set. For instance if I have Aerosmith greates hits and have seperate folders for disk 1 and 2, then it is showing Aerosmith as the Genre. It is not happening on anything that is only one disk

though even if I use Tag and Rename to look at the files the correct Genre shows up
It looks like your folder hierarchy is not consistent. If I read the above correctly you have

album>tracks (for single disc albums)
album>disk>tracks (for multi-disc albums)

If the above is true, you are confusing Xlobby during the import. Two suggestions:
1. Keep your folder structure consisten
2. Choose the right import template (Xlobby offers several templates)
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev
I tried this tool, after I unzipped I ran the install.bat file, but then when I clicked on the EXE to open the file I got a "Run Time Error 13" message. Looks like another user on the XLOBBY forum got the same message.
I'm getting the same thing. Guessing it's related to the .ini file which points to all sorts of folders that obviously don't exist on my machine. Until we get a help file or a tutorial in English, I think we might be SOOL.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs69
It looks like your folder hierarchy is not consistent. If I read the above correctly you have

album>tracks (for single disc albums)
album>disk>tracks (for multi-disc albums)

If the above is true, you are confusing Xlobby during the import. Two suggestions:
1. Keep your folder structure consisten
2. Choose the right import template (Xlobby offers several templates)
FWIW, I have the exact same folder hierarchy as you outlined above and using the ID3 Import Type and Album view ID3 option import works perfectly for me. Multi-disc sets are simply imported as separate, individual CDs.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev
I tried this tool, after I unzipped I ran the install.bat file, but then when I clicked on the EXE to open the file I got a "Run Time Error 13" message. Looks like another user on the XLOBBY forum got the same message.

anyone know any tricks for this?
open ini file and change following lines:

Language=English.txt
OptRepertoire=True
OptPhoto=False
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by art crazy
open ini file and change following lines:

Language=English.txt
OptRepertoire=True
OptPhoto=False
Brilliant. Thank you!
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs69
It looks like your folder hierarchy is not consistent. If I read the above correctly you have

album>tracks (for single disc albums)
album>disk>tracks (for multi-disc albums)

If the above is true, you are confusing Xlobby during the import. Two suggestions:
1. Keep your folder structure consisten
2. Choose the right import template (Xlobby offers several templates)

This is how I have it set it up:

Atist-Album-Track

For multiple disk sets it's:

Artis-Album-Disk-Track

This works perfectly fine for everything but Genre. I suppose I could get rid of disk and rename the Album folders (create one for each disk), but I don't see why this should be the only problem that is created by how I have them set up.
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
So I tried changing my file structure and it did work, it just doesn't make any sense to me that only the Genre was affected, but I did get it to work
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev
So I tried changing my file structure and it did work, it just doesn't make any sense to me that only the Genre was affected, but I did get it to work
You need to be aware that when you import the data into xml format, Xlobby assumes certain folder structure based on the template you select. It will ignore the id3 tags and assign tags derived from folder names. However, you can customize this behavior and also create your own template. Look into the setup (F2) screen database section for customization.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Strange Xlobby problem, need help