Originally Posted by kucharsk
DenonJeff sent me a copy of the firmware update for the 3930CI yesterday, and the upgrade went flawlessly.
The ROM file is identical
to that uploaded in the past by Dutchman01, but if you'd feel better downloading the file directly from a Denon USA source, here you go:http://rapidshare.com/files/95646130/DVD_3930.zip.html
Jeff's instructions are the same as Dutchman01's for the most part, but I found that applying this update did not
reset my settings to factory defaults, for whatever reason.
That reason comes true the fact denonJeff did not tell you to INITIALIZE your unit first before the update.
i also comfirm this rapidshare link above is the same firmware as a did post a view months ago, when using my link you also get a textfile with all the instruction.http://rapidshare.com/files/48023385...930CI_3930.zip
(119 times downloaded so far)
All users that did use my link to the firmware and did upgrade the DVD-3930,
There's no reason to use the above link and to do a reflash again.
I did hope DenonJeff did give's us a firmware 8284-8 or something but that one doesnt exist yet.
(i hope they improof the speed of the unit one day.)
for all the others,
Go upgrade your unit, if you do have a old firmware on it before 8284-7
you need it.
But i really need to say, use my upgrade instruction please
we did not get that for nothing. To bad Jeff did not say that to.
How to Upgrade:
1. Turn on the player while holding in the PLAY and SKIP FOWARD buttons..the player should now say INITIALIZE.
2. Open the dvdtray and insert the cdr and close. the update should start automaticly.
3. Wait until display says COMPLETE, when done the tray will open automaticly.
4. Remove the CDR BUT!!! DONT CLOSE THE TRAY YET.
5. Turn of the player with the ON/off button (not the stanby)
6. Turn on the dvdplayer while holding the PLAY and SKIP FORWARD button.
7. The player should now say INITIALIZE again....turn of player....DONE
8. Now setting up the player again with your custom settings.
And ones again the compleet chance log with history:
changelog firmware version: 8284-7 Date: 08.08.2007
* When "Track Skip Fwd/Rev" button is pushed early two times or more when
the CD-DA disc is PAUSE, "Play" button is not accepted;
The repeat function was turned on when the SACD disc had stopped and it played,
or the SACD disc is played by the All Repeat function.
Afterwards, the repeat function doesn't operate when stopping and playing.
* DVD-AUDIO cannot be played.
When "Right" of "Cursor" or "Left" is pushed when "Page" of "Image quality
adjustment screen" is displayed, it freezes it by "Gamma display".
changelog firmware version: 8284-6 Date: 25.07.2007
* improvement of CD playback via HDMI.
changelog firmware version: 8284-5
* improvement of remote control sensor.
* fixing of memory capabilities.
changelog firmware version: 8284-3
* general improvement of playback, improvement of compatibility to not standard conformed CD's.
Have fun all of you