Originally Posted by texmex
Well, BangoO sent me a chunk of his problem stream (actually, he sent 5 ts files, about 500MB total, and for the record, yousendit.com worked just fine).
- I launched VideoRedoPlus (version 220.127.116.115) and hit "Open Video"
- In the "Open" dialog box, I selected all 5 ts streams and clicked "Open"
- When prompted to "Combine or Join Files" I chose "Combine"
- Once the video was open on the timeline, I clicked "Save As..."
- Prompted: "Do you wish re-mux the entire input file?", clicked "Yes"
- Saved the file as "bango-test.mpg" (Save as type: MPEG Program Streams)
- Launched ULead VideoStudio 10+ (version 10.0.0110.0 Plus)
- From "Tools" menu, selected "Create Disk"
- Changed project type to HD-DVD in lower left corner
- Did NOT change any project properties ("Do not convert compliant..." was checked in properties page)
- Unchecked create menu, clicked on "Add video files" icon, added "bango-test.mpg"
- Clicked Next; Clicked Next again
- Checked box to "Create HD-DVD Folders", set output directory, clicked burn
- VS10+ did NOT re-encode and created the fileset quickly
- Launched Nero Burning ROM (version 18.104.22.168)
- In new project dialog, selected type DVD-ROM (UDF)
- On "Multi-session" tab, selected "No multi-session"
- On "UDF" tab, selected "Enable X-Box Compatibility..."
- Clicked "New" button
- Added folders "Hvdvd_ts" and "Adv_obj" to disk (Adv_obj is empty, and I'm pretty sure it's not required)
- Burned to Verbatim DVD+RW (4x)
- Popped the DVD into the Toshiba HD-A1 (firmware v1.4), hit play
- HD-A1 is connected to my low-end Sony receiver via optical and analog
The disk played flawlessly, both video and audio, through both optical and analog.
BangoO - can you please describe what you hear from your test DVD's? Does the audio drop out? Pops and clicks? No audio whatsoever?
If you send me your email address via PM, I'll send the HVDVD_TS folder to you so you can burn my output onto a disk to test. This should help to pinpoint the problem.