Originally Posted by eengert
Just got my TC30 and have it charging. I have to say that the paper heavily glued onto the LCD is the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. It was so bad that I almost returned the remote. It took me 20 mins to get it all off and I felt like I might break the screen or scratch it. Until they change that, I'll never buy another from HK.
I am replacing a Harmony 550. I log in with my Harmony userid and it takes me to the harmony login page and forces me to log in again. I can log in, but it won't communicate with my TC30. I could save a lot of time by using my current configuration. Any suggestions?
I got my first TC30 on Nov 27 and second on Dec 4 and both had plastic static cover. Go figure.
When I login with my 670 id there is "Remote Settings" tab. This tab has "My Remote" button. After you click it you get two options: Change (remote) and "Create New Account". Tip on the right says:
"If you want to replace the remote with a new one that will control the same devices, click Change to convert your account.
If you don't want to replace the remote, but want to add a separate remote to control a new set of devices, click the Create New Account.If you want to replace the remote with a new one that will control the same devices, click Change to convert your account.
If you don't want to replace the remote, but want to add a separate remote to control a new set of devices, click the Create New Account."
I could not test it because I'm not at home right now.
This tab is not available is you run HK's version of software.
This is what I found under FAQ:
"What steps do I need to take if I am upgrading my remote to a newer model?
If you upgraded to a newer model of remote and want to transfer the configuration on your old remote to your new remote, you will need to first ensure that you are using the latest version of remote control software. You will then need to convert your account to the newer model then update your new remote with your account configuration.
To upgrade, please do the following:
1. Ensure you are using the latest version of remote control software.
1. Login to your remote control account.
2. Click the Downloads button at the top of your home page.
3. Click theSoftware button.
4. Ensure you receive the following message: "You have the latest version of the remote software."
5. If you do not have the latest version of remote control software, please upgrade to the latest version.
2. Convert your account to your newer model of remote
1. Click the Remote Settings tab on the home page.
2. Click the My Remote button.
3. Click Change.
4. Click Done once the connectivity check is complete
3. Update your account configuration on your new remote.
1. Click the Update Remote button on your home page."