or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Pioneer's NEW 7th Generation Plasmas for 2006-2007
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pioneer's NEW 7th Generation Plasmas for 2006-2007 - Page 8

post #211 of 4252
I am assuming that the 6070HD is not 1080p. Any word on a 60" 1080p model?

Thanks
Dale
post #212 of 4252
One feature I haven't seen in the initial writeups for the 7th generation Pioneers is Cable Card support?

Does anyone know if they will support cablecards?
post #213 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab1234 View Post

One feature I haven't seen in the initial writeups for the 7th generation Pioneers is Cable Card support?

Does anyone know if they will support cablecards?

This should answer your question: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post7718663
(It's a link to the .pdf spec sheets for the new models.)
post #214 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab1234 View Post

One feature I haven't seen in the initial writeups for the 7th generation Pioneers is Cable Card support?

Does anyone know if they will support cablecards?

Yes, according to what Chris from Cleveland Plasma posted in the NEC forum - the link is in the post above mine.
post #215 of 4252
Here you go:
Pioneer New 42" HERE 4270
Pioneer New 50" HERE 5070

I have no idea when they will be out!! Here is the trick question with the Pioneer/NEC buyout......

The new 42" replaces the old 43" so we have to assume if NEC does not release a new unit that Pioneer is using the glass based off the NEC 42XR4. If this is the case we can probably say the same about the 5070, it may be based off the 50XR5 screen. Time will tell. In either case the NEC is still comparible of the Elite line and sells for alot less.
post #216 of 4252
the 42" speaker cant be removed?

wow

seriously that is crazy.
post #217 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Here you go:
Pioneer New 42" HERE 4270
Pioneer New 50" HERE 5070

Thanks for posting the specs, Cleveland Plasma!

Looks like a few features that were exclusive to the Elite series last year are trickling down to the regular Pioneer line in these models including:

1) PURE mode
2) Manual Adjustability of RGB High and RGB Low color values
3) 4 settings for MPEG Noise Reduction (High/Mid/Low/Off)
4) Black tabletop stand (based on the picture in the specs)

Bring 'em on!
post #218 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

The new 42" replaces the old 43" so we have to assume if NEC does not release a new unit that Pioneer is using the glass based off the NEC 42XR4. If this is the case we can probably say the same about the 5070, it may be based off the 50XR5 screen. Time will tell. In either case the NEC is still comparible of the Elite line and sells for alot less.

Based on the specs of the PDP-5070HD it looks like the panel will not be based on the 50XR5, but instead include the advancements found on the 42XR4. This should bring the contrast ratio for the 5070 in line with what is currently available with the 42XR4.
post #219 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb1035 View Post

Thanks for posting the specs, Cleveland Plasma!

Looks like a few features that were exclusive to the Elite series last year are trickling down to the regular Pioneer line in these models including:

1) PURE mode
2) Manual Adjustability of RGB High and RGB Low color values
3) 4 settings for MPEG Noise Reduction (High/Mid/Low/Off)
4) Black tabletop stand (based on the picture in the specs)

Bring 'em on!

Yessssssssss, I'm glad that I waited. Now, I just hope they don't have the availibility issues line Panasonics when they get out..
post #220 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Here you go:
url to Pioneer New 50

How come the spec sheet says 1365 x 768? I thought the new Pioneers are supposed to be 1920 x 1080.
post #221 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post

Based on the specs of the PDP-5070HD it looks like the panel will not be based on the 50XR5, but instead include the advancements found on the 42XR4. This should bring the contrast ratio for the 5070 in line with what is currently available with the 42XR4.

What he's saying is that the 5070 will be the same XR5 glass from this year with the added Pio color filter just like was done on the 42 Xr4.

The Pio 4270 should be very similar to this years NEC 42XR4, although with added Pio features such as 1080p24 input support and 3:3 advanced cinema, etc.
post #222 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterVball View Post

How come the spec sheet says 1365 x 768? I thought the new Pioneers are supposed to be 1920 x 1080.

The only new upcoming Pioneer 1080p Plasma that I am aware is the one shown at CES in Jan....the PRO-FHD1 50"er. This will be a monitor only display w/o tuners, etc. Kinda like the Panasonic Industrial Plasmas.
post #223 of 4252
To be delivered on June 15th.

All the BestBuys have 5071HD in their systems. Ready to be ordered.

post #224 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post

Based on the specs of the PDP-5070HD it looks like the panel will not be based on the 50XR5, but instead include the advancements found on the 42XR4. This should bring the contrast ratio for the 5070 in line with what is currently available with the 42XR4.

With this being said, might as well buy the NEC if tuners and speakers are not needed and have a better on board scaler and a 1/3 year warranty! Not to mention I do not like how all the plasma (tv's) are changing to UNREMOVABLE speakers. Sooner or later in most home theater enviroments a surround sound system is added, therefor speakers can be removed to have a more appealing display. (But not if you cannot remove the speakers.)
post #225 of 4252
I'm a little confused. If the Pioneer 5070 is using the same glass as this year's NEC XR5A, then where's the improvement? What have we been waiting for? Is this *glass* an improvement over what was in the Pioneer 5060?
post #226 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I'm a little confused. If the Pioneer 5070 is using the same glass as this year's NEC XR5A, then where's the improvement? What have we been waiting for? Is this *glass* an improvement over what was in the Pioneer 5060?

The 5070 will have the bonded color filter and the NEC Crystal Clear Panel/Pioneer Crystal Emissive Layer that is missing from the 50XR5. There are other new panel enhancements but I don't know if these are already in the 50XR5. Also, will the new Pioneers be using the NEC or the Pioneer phosphors from now on? Since NEC will be using Pioneer panels the color phosphors would be the same for both Plasmas.

It look like only the 50" will have a detachable bottom speaker. I wonder why the 42" is not detachable?
post #227 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I'm a little confused. If the Pioneer 5070 is using the same glass as this year's NEC XR5A, then where's the improvement? What have we been waiting for? Is this *glass* an improvement over what was in the Pioneer 5060?

Believe me, improving on this year's XR5 at all will make one fine display.

Add 1080p24 input support as well as ability to display film sources at 72p and you've got a winner.

Additionally, assuming the NEC heritage remains intact, you can add native rate support over HDMI to the list.
post #228 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Here you go:
I have no idea when they will be out!! Here is the trick question with the Pioneer/NEC buyout......

The new 42" replaces the old 43" so we have to assume if NEC does not release a new unit that Pioneer is using the glass based off the NEC 42XR4. If this is the case we can probably say the same about the 5070, it may be based off the 50XR5 screen. Time will tell. In either case the NEC is still comparible of the Elite line and sells for alot less.

I had to register to post against this. I received this direct from Pioneer Australia, as I was reading all sorts of rumours such as yours. Here is what they said;

The situation is not that NEC and Pioneer have merged as such, but that Pioneer purchased NEC's manufacturing facilities only. NEC & Pioneer are still completely separate companies in their own right.

Although, the purchase of the facilities from NEC may have included some equipment/technology that allowed the changes to our plasma designs without major re-tooling, I can assure you that the panels are 100% Pioneer designed, developed, and produced. All of the changes made (no external media receiver, etc.) are based on consumer feedback and market trends, not the re-badging or out-sourcing of components.

Thanks again for your inquiry and please feel free to let anyone spreading these rumours know that they're not quite right.

Regards,

Lachlan Fennen
Product Manager - Video
Home Entertainment Group

Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Limited


So stop spreading rumours!! LOL
Mossy
post #229 of 4252
I think I've decided I want the 5070 for sure. However, without the media center on this new TV, what are my options to minimize the amout of cables going to TV? I believe that you can connect an HDMI cable to a receiver but will this be neccessary? My planned setup is a Dish Network dual DVR (not high def), a high def antenna, XBOX 360, PS2 and a component DVD player. Please advise how you have dealt with a similar setup in the past to minimize clutter and also let me know if you know of any good package systems that include speakers & receiver but don't cost too much!
post #230 of 4252
How much are these going to cost.
post #231 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy1 View Post

I had to register to post against this. I received this direct from Pioneer Australia, as I was reading all sorts of rumours such as yours. Here is what they said;

[i]The situation is not that NEC and Pioneer have merged as such, but that Pioneer purchased NEC's manufacturing facilities only. NEC & Pioneer are still completely separate companies in their own right.


So stop spreading rumours!! LOL
Mossy


Of course everything's Pio, they own it now afterall. NEC Plasma Display Corporation no longer exists. NEC is still a company but not one that makes or sells plasma TV's, that's up to Pioneer now. The email you got from Pio was therefore correct but probably not quite the way you are thinking.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...2/ai_n15754483
http://pioneer.jp/corp/ir/pdf/press/...cquisition.pdf
http://www.nec.co.jp/press/en/0402/0302.html
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-3-2005_pg5_23
http://news.zdnet.com/2110-9584_22-5153019.html
http://www.isuppli.com/marketwatch/default.asp?id=223
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl.../ai_ziff118229
post #232 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy1 View Post

I had to register to post against this. I received this direct from Pioneer Australia, as I was reading all sorts of rumours such as yours. Here is what they said;

The situation is not that NEC and Pioneer have merged as such, but that Pioneer purchased NEC's manufacturing facilities only. NEC & Pioneer are still completely separate companies in their own right.

Although, the purchase of the facilities from NEC may have included some equipment/technology that allowed the changes to our plasma designs without major re-tooling, I can assure you that the panels are 100% Pioneer designed, developed, and produced. All of the changes made (no external media receiver, etc.) are based on consumer feedback and market trends, not the re-badging or out-sourcing of components.

Thanks again for your inquiry and please feel free to let anyone spreading these rumours know that they're not quite right.

Regards,

Lachlan Fennen
Product Manager - Video
Home Entertainment Group

Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Limited


So stop spreading rumours!! LOL
Mossy

I am spreading no rumors, but by the "LOL" I do not think you were saying I was. I am curious myself. The way I worded things, I hope no one took it the wrong way. There have been plenty of posts from plenty of people that NEC panels have Pioneer named parts in there panel. Also there are plenty of posts from plenty of people about the 61" NEC and Pioneer being a rebadge.

Point is none of us are in Japan working in these plant so who really knows right??
post #233 of 4252
hi all,

cant believe no media box - this is something that i have become so familiar with from pioneer and cant imagine life without it as our 506 is 5mts away from our gear (still smarting from having to buy 10mt cable as it only came with 3mts)

anyone know if the 507 will use the same wall mount as the 506? not keen on changing it unless absolutely necessary.

cheers,

julie
post #234 of 4252
FWIW, did a check at the BB store I work for. Pioneer 4270 MSRP $3499 !!!

It wouldn't be the first time BB has their pricing wrong, but encouraging news nonetheless I think. I was torn between picking up an Elite or waiting for the 4270. Too bas about the media reciever though
post #235 of 4252
Also, anyone else nervous about the quality of these sets taking a bit of a downturn seeing as how Pioneer seems to be at the moment, selling less than Panny? (No flame fest please)

Surely some of you know about the downgraded power cord in the Elite 74 TXi along with other this latest generation in their AV recievers? Least the 930 will still be available if quality is a bit lower reflecting the lowered price I think.
post #236 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc21pilot View Post

I think I've decided I want the 5070 for sure. However, without the media center on this new TV, what are my options to minimize the amout of cables going to TV? I believe that you can connect an HDMI cable to a receiver but will this be neccessary? My planned setup is a Dish Network dual DVR (not high def), a high def antenna, XBOX 360, PS2 and a component DVD player. Please advise how you have dealt with a similar setup in the past to minimize clutter and also let me know if you know of any good package systems that include speakers & receiver but don't cost too much!

Let your receiver do all the video switching, get one that has a lot of video inputs and send as much as possible through that. Then send one component/HDMi to the Plasma.....
post #237 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz8675309 View Post

Let your receiver do all the video switching, get one that has a lot of video inputs and send as much as possible through that. Then send one component/HDMi to the Plasma.....

At one time, I was in favor of a media receiver on a display but after learning a bit more I think the best setup will be w/a A/V receiver as stated above. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been told that Pioneer's media receiver took away any option of using a external video processor should you ever want to use one.
post #238 of 4252
What exactly does 1080p compatability mean?

What's the point if the resolution is only 1024x768?
post #239 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post

At one time, I was in favor of a media receiver on a display but after learning a bit more I think the best setup will be w/a A/V receiver as stated above. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been told that Pioneer's media receiver took away any option of using a external video processor should you ever want to use one.

I don't think it was the media receiver per se but the lack of native rate support which made using an external video processor less than ideal.

The new models should support native rate input over HDMI hopefully. If not, I'll be dissapointed.
post #240 of 4252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

What exactly does 1080p compatability mean?

What's the point if the resolution is only 1024x768?

1080p input support allows feeding the panel the native signal from HD discs. These models will take 1080p24 input, perform frame duplication to 1080p72, then scale to 768p72. No deinterlacing required and the picture should be free of judder.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Pioneer's NEW 7th Generation Plasmas for 2006-2007