I have browsed through the manual, I have not read it cover-to-cover. Here are some observations:
* Pages 18 and 34 seem to indicate that this model has a live time-shifting buffer and you have the option of keeping the buffer contents when you change channels. You can save all or part of the buffer. Buffer is 60 minutes long.
* The "TVGuardian" feature is Orwellean-scary!
* The manual is not perfect (I'm trying to be nice)
* Creates a YesDVD on +R/+RW with chapter picture creation and other bells and whistles including a DVD cover case sheet (!) - page 23
* It has Volume Control
* No mention of whether it supports -RW(VR) mode. This seems to be a + leaning recorder so that makes some sense. But it would get bonus points for -RW(VR) mode! Join the VRade!!!
* The manual is 48 pages but only 700K, mainly because it has very few and low-res pictures.
The Screen Saver function means that when the unit is idle (or without monitored output) for some time, some interesting
pictures will appear automatically on the screen as a screen saver.
This is my favorite line in the manual so far. Some "Interesting pictures" :-)