Originally Posted by joealbracht
My on screen display stopped working.
The D2 is running 1.31. I downloaded and ran ARC 1.2.5. ARC successfully uploaded the results to the D2. I then did a "save user settings" and the on-screen display disappeared before displaying "Done", never to return. Never had any problem before. Any ideas appreciated.
There are two possibilities here. First, it may just be coincidence. Some people who have lost the On Screen Display have discovered that something simply didn't get initialized properly the last time they installed firmware. A re-install of the firmware fixed the problem. This appears to be random. It is unusual for this problem to manifest after running fine without problems however. Usually if this is your problem, you will see it almost immediately after installing new firmware.
The other is that ARC V1.2.4, and thus ARC V1.2.5, *REQUIRE VERSION V1.33 OF THE FIRMWARE*.
Now I'm surprised that the ARC V1.2.5 application didn't check the firmware level and refuse to run. I would also not expect loss of the On Screen Display to be a symptom of running ARC with the wrong firmware. But I suppose that could be what's going on.
In any event, here's what you should do to address both of these possibilities:
* I'm assuming your Save User Settings actually worked according to the Front Panel display, i.e., that loss of the On Screen Display is your only issue here. If you've lost the Front Panel display as well, or have any other reason to believe the Save User Settings didn't actually work, then something more serious is going on and you should STOP HERE and give Anthem tech support a call before proceeding.
* Download and install the V1.33 firmware. It is available from the Anthem public download page. Don't skip any steps. For example, make sure you Reload Factory Defaults before doing the install, and make sure that you have no powered source or display device HDMI connections during the install. Since you are coming from V1.31, you should not need to separately save and restore your Video Source Adjust menu settings via a PC file (using the Live Video Settings Editor application). The stuff you just Saved to User Settings will contain those. But since we are not certain of the status of your Saved User Settings, it would probably be wise to run Live Video Settings Editor (from the V1.33 install kit) and Get and Save your Video Source Adjust menu settings to a PC file just in case.
* Presuming the install of V1.33 completes without problems, the next step is to do a Reload Saved User Settings to get back your particular settings.
* Do you have an On Screen Display at this point? If so good, proceed below. Otherwise STOP HERE and give Anthem tech support a call.
* Double check your Setup menu and Video Source Adjust menu settings. Everything look OK? Remember that if necessary you can reload your Video Source Adjust menu settings from the PC file you saved above.
* Now run ARC V1.2.5 in Advanced mode. Open the file with your V1.2.5 results. Perform an Upload.
* Do a Save User Settings. Do you still have an On Screen Display. If so, good. Otherwise STOP HERE and give Anthem tech support a call.
* I'm not certain that the ARC V1.2.5 Measurements you did -- the results you just uploaded -- are truly good since I don't know whether ARC V1.2.5 has any dependencies on the V1.33 firmware during the Measurement part of the process. So just to be on the safe side, my recommendation would be, that if everything is good at this point as regards your On Screen Display then you should probably do a NEW ARC V1.2.5 Measurement and Upload those results to replace the ones you just loaded.