Well, just to put a ribbon on my saga in case anyone is curious.
As of last night, my newly Anthem-refurbished D2V is back from Anthem and installed in full whole-house audio/video action again and better than ever. It took me an extra week because after dismantling my entire setup I got the bright idea to do some electrical work and painting in the equipment area. Gotta love how small-ish projects become big real quick :-)
The D2V literally sounds better than it ever did. Not sure if the DSP board firmware updates they did to it had anything to do with it, kind of hard for me to assess the individual responsible variables for the improvement in sound because I've made several changes at the same time. And my main issue of the D2V video board flaking out has been totally resolved. HDMI outputs 1 and 2 both work perfectly with OSD back properly on HDMI 1. I'm currently just running standard public release 2.08, no reason right now for me to use the Beta releases.
I got the itch to make a few changes to my setup at the same time while I had everything dismantled. The changes included:
1. Bypassing the D2V's DAC for 2-channel sources now - I am now using the PS Audio PWD DAC and PWT disc transport, and inputing 2-channel Balanced from the PWD DAC to the D2V in Analog DSP mode to allow the ARC correction to do its thing. After only limited listening so far, even simple 16-bit sources like CD's sound much better, not to mention the wonderful HRX high-rez discs from Reference Recordings (24 bit/176.4kHz) :-)
2. Added some room dampening material to one portion of the main listening room. Though it was a small amount of treatments, it is in a "nook" area that I suspect might have been acting as a bit of an echo chamber.
3. Changed my electrical outlets that serve all the equipment - using PS Audio's Power Soloist Premier now for the main outlet and Power Port Premiers for the other outlets.
4. Using a PS Audio Power Plant Premier conditioner for all equipment now. Noticing on its display that my input voltage is consistently only 116 volts, and the device is "regenerating" at exactly 120 volts to all the equipment. I also notice there was significant noise on the line with THD at around 2.5%-4% now being signifcantly reduced by the device, now down to about 0.3-0.4%.
5. Swapped power cables for the D2V,A5 and A2 amps, DAC, and Transport. Now using mostly 8 and 10 gauge Shunyata cables with a couple PS audio cables also.
In short, it's time to sit back and enjoy the setup. Just gonna let everything soak in - just in time for the World Cup, the NBA finals, and several movie marathons!
Thanks again to the various folks here that helped me isolate my HDMI video board problems, not to mention the HDMI audio not syncing problem, etc. Bob was once again hugely instrumental as well. It was painful for a couple months there, but things seem to be working quite well now. This forum and all of your advice and help were key to resolving this stuff. I was also impressed with Anthem Tech Support and engineering in fixing my hardware issue.
Cheers guys, hope everyone is doing well.