or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide - Page 1081

post #32401 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike645 View Post

Are you sure you didn't swap the outputs? I thought OSD was only on HDMI 1 and not on HDMI 2

I was just going to post the same thing. I believe it is possible to switch it in the video out conf menu too... check for preferred = HDMI.
post #32402 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike645 View Post

Not new. Always the recommended procedure.


welcome to the world of brain farts. Of course it has always been "the recommended proceedure"!
i, for just an instant, had a vision of a marking on the rear of the sub marked "75hz"/\\
The reality is we use the rat shack to set the sub to 75 by using the rear knob, after zeroing the sub setting in the D2.
realized my error after pushing the post button.

walt
post #32403 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by obie_fl View Post


I was just going to post the same thing. I believe it is possible to switch it in the video out conf menu too... check for preferred = HDMI.

That's exactly what it was. Thanks a lot!
post #32404 of 42662
Ok,

If my D2v is currently configured already by ARC, how can I run 75db calibration. Aren't the volume levels already tweaked by ARC thus calibration to 75db (on a D2v that is configured with ARC) will send signals to each speaker that are not at the default levels. This is why I'm asking/mentioning that the D2v needs to be set to factory defaults. I would like to recalibrate to 75db but how do I achieve this on my D2v if it's already tweaked with ARC and not reset defaults? Also, are we saying that the sub volume level should be adjusted from the sub's volume knob and not the D2v to get to 75db.
post #32405 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStanic View Post

Ok,

If my D2v is currently configured already by ARC, how can I run 75db calibration. Aren't the volume levels already tweaked by ARC thus calibration to 75db (on a D2v that is configured with ARC) will send signals to each speaker that are not at the default levels. This is why I'm asking/mentioning that the D2v needs to be set to factory defaults. I would like to recalibrate to 75db but how do I achieve this on my D2v if it's already tweaked with ARC and not reset defaults? Also, are we saying that the sub volume level should be adjusted from the sub's volume knob and not the D2v to get to 75db.

ARC will not know what is 75db so you have to measure with a SPL Meter, go to level calibration, then noise sequence and change to manual, go down to testlevel and measure with your SPL Meter while adjusting until you achieve 75dbs, you will have to redo ARC if you had to change this level. For the sub, you do the same but scroll down to sub and measure, if it's not 75dbs adjust the volume knob on the sub until it is. You do not have to reset to facory defaults, but if running ARC all speaker levels should be reset to 0.

Here is a step by step for ARC;

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post18914184

John
post #32406 of 42662
Over a 1000 posts on this thread and no one knows how to do any kind of reset to get the D2V back to it factory default version??

C'mon someone on hear has to know how to do a reset to the software version that came with the product when you bought it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AE
post #32407 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by astral_essence View Post

Over a 1000 posts on this thread and no one knows how to do any kind of reset to get the D2V back to it factory default version??

C'mon someone on hear has to know how to do a reset to the software version that came with the product when you bought it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AE

You would have to install an earlier version. The question is where to get it. Anthem can do a factory reset I believe, but you would have to send the unit in. Why not call or email Anthem Tech support and ask them.
John
post #32408 of 42662
That's the plan if no one on here knows how. I was just trying to avoid having to go through all that hassle if you know what I mean. Especially if there was an easy way to do it like doing a system recovery on your computer returns it back to the original state it was purchased in with no upgrades. I was hoping there was a similar solution for the D2V.

Thanks.
post #32409 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by astral_essence View Post

That's the plan if no one on here knows how. I was just trying to avoid having to go through all that hassle if you know what I mean. Especially if there was an easy way to do it like doing a system recovery on your computer returns it back to the original state it was purchased in with no upgrades. I was hoping there was a similar solution for the D2V.

Thanks.

There may be an easier way but Anthem will know if there is.
John
post #32410 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by astral_essence View Post

Can any of the experts on here tell me how to rollback to the original software version my D2V came with?

My D2V came with v2.04 installed. I just installed v2.10 and have multiple issues that I did not have prior to the upgrade. Namely a very loud noise floor, flickering and clicking noises that can be heard while adjusting EQ & other settings which were not previously experienced and the worst one - my SUB2's are being completely robbed of low end output.

And just an FYI - no settings were tweaked before the update, so its not a case of going in and RE-EQing everything back to the way I had it because I was playing it stock right out the box. Just bass and treble adjustments were made and those same adjustments have been made again.

PS. Dolby volume is definitely screwing it up, because when I turn it off, the overall sound gets much closer to how it sounded before but not quite and the bass is still lacking.

Because of this, I think the update is the culprit.

Thanks for any help on how to do a rollback.

AE

There is no way to revert firmware except to get the installer for the older version and re-install it that way.

You should call Anthem tech support and go over your problems with them. They may have a better solution for you as the problems you are having with V2.10 are certainly not normal (except that, yes, turning Dolby Volume OFF for most listening is a good idea).

But if not, they can easily make the V2.04 firmware installer available to you.
--Bob
post #32411 of 42662
Has anyone here tried "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", Blu-ray using HDMI Bitstream input into the D2v or AVM 50v?

That's this disc:

http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Sierr...7573220&sr=8-1

It has a rare DTS-HD MA 1.0 track for the feature. I'm finding that HDMI Bitstream input produces corrupted audio in the V2.10c firmware.

I'm pretty sure this is a D2v bug, but I'd like to get confirmation from someone not using an Oppo Blu-ray player.

HDMI LPCM input works just fine.

The symptom with HDMI Bitstream input is that, although the D2v correctly determines the input is 48KHz DTS-HD MA with only the C channel active, it somehow gets confused and tries to produce output on all speakers, resulting in corrupted audio in the surrounds among other problems.

Pressing Select multiple times shows all speakers active for output (which is, of course, not correct). Pressing Mode once in my 5.1 speaker setup says the Mode for 5.1 input is None. Of course this isn't 5.1 input.
--Bob
post #32412 of 42662
Thanks Bob and John.

I am in the process of re-downloading and re-upgrading the v2.10 software as John had previously suggested. Just in case there was any type of corruption either during the download or upgrade process.

I will let you guys know if I still end up with the same issues after reinstalling the upgrade.

Thanks,
AE
post #32413 of 42662
Hi Bob,

Is a V2.10c firmware avaible on protected pasword? What is the difference between this and the regular v2.10?
Thanks.
post #32414 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCornika View Post

Hi Bob,

Is a V2.10c firmware avaible on protected pasword? What is the difference between this and the regular v2.10?
Thanks.

Below are the changes since 2.10. Yes 2.10c is available on the password protected page.

CHANGE LIST

v2.10c beta:

1. Changed Dolby Volume default to Off and Dolby Volume Leveler to Low.


v2.10b beta:

1. Further muting fixes, for a certain music server.


John
post #32415 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

Below are the changes since 2.10. Yes 2.10c is available on the password protected page.

CHANGE LIST

v2.10c beta:

1. Changed Dolby Volume default to Off and Dolby Volume Leveler to Low.


v2.10b beta:

1. Further muting fixes, for a certain music server.


John

My brand new D2v i got from Anthem a few weeks ago has version 2.10c installed. But in my opinion 2.10 on my 50v is more stable than 2.10c on my D2v. I seem to reset the D2v far more often than the 50v.
post #32416 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post


My brand new D2v i got from Anthem a few weeks ago has version 2.10c installed.

You must be a beta tester
John
post #32417 of 42662
Gents:

I need help to determine what audio frequecies are critical to imaging. I have Sunfire's CRM2 ribbon speakers (5.1) that radiate sound from the front via the ribbon crossed at 1.5kHz and above. It has 2 side woofers that go down to about 100Hz or so.

The problem is that even with the default 5KHz solution, I loose the diffuse 3-dimensional imaging I'm used to. I had to go all the way down to a target frequency of 500Hz to recover most of the imaging i lost.

Thing is w/o ARC, I get my imaging but the voices sound boomy for males and nasal for females and whole tonality is off, but as i said before the imaging is excellent.

Hence my original question....what frequencies are necessary for 3D stereo imaging?

Thanks,
David
post #32418 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

You must be a beta tester
John

...not really unless its for thesoon to be released D5v
post #32419 of 42662
I re-downloaded the D2V v2.10 software from the Anthem website and did a re-upload and it looks to have cured the issues with the processor.

Thanks guys.
AE
post #32420 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by astral_essence View Post

I re-downloaded the D2V v2.10 software from the Anthem website and did a re-upload and it looks to have cured the issues with the processor.

Thanks guys.
AE

I'm really glad to hear that) enjoy the great sound.
John
post #32421 of 42662
Is it safe to leave the serial cable connected at all times on the back of my D2V? It would not be hooked up to a PC unless doing an update or ARC measurement. Due to accessibility issues it is very tough to get to the back of my D2V to connect the serial cable.
post #32422 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkss View Post

Is it safe to leave the serial cable connected at all times on the back of my D2V? It would not be hooked up to a PC unless doing an update or ARC measurement. Due to accessibility issues it is very tough to get to the back of my D2V to connect the serial cable.

Absolutely. Most of us do that who have space constraints.
John
post #32423 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkss View Post

Is it safe to leave the serial cable connected at all times on the back of my D2V? It would not be hooked up to a PC unless doing an update or ARC measurement. Due to accessibility issues it is very tough to get to the back of my D2V to connect the serial cable.

Yes...very safe. Most of us here, i believe, roll it up and place it near the back of the D2v until the next next ARC measurement or upload.
post #32424 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkss View Post

Is it safe to leave the serial cable connected at all times on the back of my D2V? It would not be hooked up to a PC unless doing an update or ARC measurement. Due to accessibility issues it is very tough to get to the back of my D2V to connect the serial cable.

I leave it plug it for remote control commands. Very powerful and flexible.
post #32425 of 42662
I have a Wii hooked up to my D2V through component and it is being output through HDMI 2 to my secondary display which is a Panasonic Plasma which . I do get picture but not any sound due to the analogue audio connection. Besides running Left and Right RCA cables from my WII for sound output to the TV (which unfortunately is not an option) is there any way to make this happen?
post #32426 of 42662
smkss - Do you want sound through your primary speakers with the Wii or another set of speakers? If you are using your mains just plug the Wii analog into whatever input you are using and be sure to enable analog audio under the source setup.

ETA: After re-reading your post I think you may be trying to send analog audio over HDMI to the plasma. I'm not sure this is possible. Have you tried manually copying to zone 2? See section 4.3 of the manual.
post #32427 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc999 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpoet View Post

I have been really enjoying my D2v. The audio quality is excellent. As time has gone on, and I have listened to more stuff, I have become convinced that it definitely does sound better than my Anthem AVM 20v2.

My only day-to-day gripe is with the "no audio" bug. Yes, I know that switching to another source, and then back to the desired sources fixes it, but it is still very annoying. I probably average having to deal with this at least a half-dozen times per week. I find it hard to believe that Anthem thinks this is acceptable behaviour for their premier product. I am also surprised that more people here don't complain about it.

It is also annoying that it can't seem to remember that I want "frame lock" enabled for my blu-ray player. I have not identified specific circumstances that cause it, but I often have to re-enable the "frame lock" to get 24p. I think it may happen when I turn on the blu-ray player before the D2v, but I have not verified that.

On a related note, every time I enable "frame lock" the D2v starts forcing audio out of my TV speakers (even though the TV speakers are "off" as far as the TV is concerned). To get the audio to just come out of my Vandersteen speakers, I have to turn the D2v off and then back on.

Why doesn't Anthem move the "frame lock" setting to the main source menu, instead of having it on the "video processor" menu? If they did that, maybe it would be able to remember that I want "frame lock" always enabled.

Do I need to report these issues to Anthem? I can't be the only one encountering these bugs, so I assume Anthem already knows about them.

Otherwise, I am very, very happy with the D2v.

John

Is the auto digital in the source menu set to NO? It should be set to NO.

Do you have at least 2 video configurations,one for 60fps and the other for 24fps? I have 2 configurations and just toggle between them as the need arises from the remote. I don't use frame lock as it is problematic on my part.

Setting "auto digital" to NO helped. I no longer have to fight with the D2v to get audio from HDMI sources every day. Now I only have to fight with it whenever I change sources during the same listening session.

For example, if I start off watching a blu-ray, then switch over to watching TV via my DVR, I almost always have to toggle the power on the D2v before I can get any sound. In this scenario, switching inputs does not seem to work.

I now understand why my dealer tried to get me to buy a Mcintosh MX150 instead. I can't imagine many people putting up with an $8500 pre amp behaving like this.

I am sticking with the D2v because it does sound wonderful, but I really hope Anthem fixes the HDMI problems with their next hardware upgrade.

John
post #32428 of 42662
John - If you power up your system in the following sequence many have found it reduces or eliminates HDMI handshake issues. Display - Anthem - Sources. Also I have found that if you power up the Anthem on a non-HDMI source it works better.
post #32429 of 42662
Quote:
Originally Posted by obie_fl View Post

John - If you power up your system in the following sequence many have found it reduces or eliminates HDMI handshake issues. Display - Anthem - Sources. Also I have found that if you power up the Anthem on a non-HDMI source it works better.

Tom,
I think he was referring to changing sources after everything is booted up. I agree with the sequence, as I have named it the drhankz manuever. But once everything is on I think he is having problems when switching sources. First time turning things on, yes the sequence works great. I never have problems with syncing since I started using this.
John
post #32430 of 42662
Agreed John. I have a very similar issue if I switch to my Cable DVR from another HDMI source. It usually occurs if I forget to use my power up macro. Never have a problem with the other sources so I always blame the cable box but if I'm careful powering up everything seems to work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide