Hi folks. I’m having some problems with a D2 and dropped video outputs. The unit was recently repaired by Anthem for video issues, new HDMI board, power supply, other stuff as they checked it out, so I am assuming I have config or cabling issues, and hopefully not “D2” issues.
• D2 w/ARC,
• NAD DVD (component video)
• Panny Blu-Ray BD85K (HDMI) – Using YBlCr4:4:4
• Latest Verizon FIOS Cable box / DVR (HDMI) - Using YBlCr4:4:4
• Sony XBR9 TV (1080p native)
• HDMI Cables are all “high speed” HDMI 1.3 and some are monoprice redmere’s (I’ve tried all combos of these in the system and doesn’t seem to change things)
• Audio is via HDMI for those two sources
• All source units display perfectly going direct to the TV using the same cables
• Turning on the system via remote macro when source is set to the cable box may result in sound, but no picture. >50% of the time, no picture.
• The Anthem logo comes up, goes away and then comes up again. Is that normal?
• If I have a cable box picture, then switch to DVD or bluray, I may get sound, no picture. Sound will cut in and out a few times before staying on
• When there’s no source image on the TV, there’s generally the volume at the bottom and I think I can always pull up the On Screen (key 7), which seems odd. That box is appropriately larger or smaller depending on the output resolution, so it appears that the TV is GETTING that signal, just without the source being routed through
• Going into the On-Screen config (7 on remote) and back out usually sets the picture. Sometimes I can get that and NO picture, but the Info status seems to be that the D2 is sending out a 1080p/60 signal (as reported in the screen), yet no programming image is there, just the sound. Other times, the Info screen just shows that there’s sound input and no video input (and all of the menus are greyed out). It’s just interesting that the image of the menu box is scaling to the right resolution
• Max D2 options for upscaling the DVD source is now only 1080i, not 1080p. Shouldn’t 1080p be available for any component input for upscaling? I think it WAS a few days ago but maybe I’m wrong. Could this vary with different DVD’s?
• Sometimes switching sources will set the picture, sometimes not. Mostly switching sources results in no image, but it's not consistent.
• D2 has locked up a couple of times, needing a reboot
• I can always get to the setup menus (blue/white screens), but sometimes it takes a long time to show up
• For HDMI have tried different cables in all locations, no difference
• For input video / video setup – have forced the settings to the 4:4:4, to match what I see on the On-screen window for the two HDMI sources. Auto didn’t seem to impact things either way, but now I am not using “auto” for any of the data or video-out settings
• I’ve minimized any video processing options on the source devices (DVD is now outputting 480i, not 480p)
• All three sources are set up on their own video settings (1,2,3) with appropriate settings in the Video output section
• I have saved everything into user settings, of course
• Changed XBR9 input to “Full Pixel”, which I think means no processing inside the TV
• What is typical for the time to “lock” and handshake with HDMI on the D2? 30 seconds? How about for a change from HDMI to component input?
• Are there particular settings that will work with the XBR9? It’s natively 1080p, but…..?
• Should I be able to take a DVD player at 480i and upscale to the TV at 1080p as an option?
• Any other settings I should investigate on the On Screen for each source that might be affecting things? I don’t see anything there that would make me think there are issues.
• Would powering up the units in different order make a difference? The Anthem takes a while, as does the TV (internet stuff, etc). Might help on startup, but won’t on source switching, so I’ve not played with this a lot since I’m not convinced anything would change.
Thanks very much for your help.