or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 587

post #17581 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

Having had first a pair of La Scala and then KHorns in their place, I'll say that the KHorn sounds different than a La Scala augmented by a sub. The upper bass is better to my ears on the KHorn and makes for a fuller sound and more upper bass slam. Might not be worth double the price to everybody, and you need the room and the wide spacing. The KHorn combined with a loaded-loaded sub is awesome!

I listen to a Khorn theater often enough, and I'll agree with you. I haven't heard CornScalas, but likely the same is true. Between the three options I bet other variables are more deciding than the speakers themselves.
post #17582 of 35375
I would love to hear cornscalas.
post #17583 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

I would love to hear cornscalas.

Ya know yer not That Far from AR ...
I would @ least drive over & hear them before you drop a wad on any new RF7II's , if you are thinking about an upgrade
Best part, knowing your skill set on wood working you could have any finish you wanted .
post #17584 of 35375
Nezff you are looking at getting RF7ii?
post #17585 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Ya know yer not That Far from AR ...
I would @ least drive over & hear them before you drop a wad on any new RF7II's , if you are thinking about an upgrade
Best part, knowing your skill set on wood working you could have any finish you wanted .

Yeah, depends on where in Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xereau View Post

Nezff you are looking at getting RF7ii?

I thought about it a while back. I might be doing something custom before the years end.
post #17586 of 35375
Ah ok. Well if you would like some ill sell you mine and the 64ii. I'm 90% about to go cornscala the other 10% will be decided when I go listen to them
post #17587 of 35375
Bob Crites is in Russellville AR & I know he does welcome test listening ,in his shop
Pm if you want his phone # ,
Me I'm in the SF bay area, 20 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge
post #17588 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xereau View Post

Ah ok. Well if you would like some ill sell you mine and the 64ii. I'm 90% about to go cornscala the other 10% will be decided when I go listen to them

One of the reasons I didnt got that route was because with custom, you can get more for your money. I already have a drawing of what they will look like.

The other reason was because the new center wont fit in my stand. it is wider.
post #17589 of 35375
I gotta go through texarkana to get there. lol

Its about 6.5 hours to there.
post #17590 of 35375
Hell if you actually want to go ill ride with you. I'm going after Christmas.
post #17591 of 35375
when you plan on taking the trip
post #17592 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

One of the reasons I didnt got that route was because with custom, you can get more for your money. I already have a drawing of what they will look like.

The other reason was because the new center wont fit in my stand. it is wider.

I had that problem as well best part of the CS.1's is you can tweak the size of the cabinet to fit as I did (as long as the cubic volume stays the same ),when I build my 1st CS-1 center
the CS-1 & CS-1.5's make a great center for Cornscala's (the 15" woofer is not needed for a center channel )
post #17593 of 35375
I don't know. I emailed him. Going to see what he has in his shop to listen to.
post #17594 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I had that problem as well best part of the CS.1's is you can tweak the size of the cabinet to fit as I did (as long as the cubic volume stays the same ),when I build my 1st CS-1 center
the CS-1 & CS-1.5's make a great center for Cornscala's (the 15" woofer is not needed for a center channel )

where is your build thread at klipsch. I was looking for it.
post #17595 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtDaBeach View Post

hell, I thought the RC-62 II was just like the RC-62 I, in the way one driver was assigned part of the range and the other driver handled the rest. Just read today that was not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

I saw where you read that, I have never heard that before.

Might want to call Klipsch and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtDaBeach View Post

Id be curious to hear the "why". Not sure if they would come off the beans though.

Which is the "why"?

Why 62II is different, or why the crossover for the woofers?

I wasn't aware they changed it between the 62 and 62II.

They aren't really set up for one driver to handle part of the range and the other driver the rest. One driver is filtered above around 1150Hz so that only the other driver is outputing. Below this, both contribute equally. They had found that above about 1150Hz up to the horn crossover, off-axis response suffered because both drivers were cancelling each-other. With only 1 driver above 1150Hz, they eliminated this phase cancellation. Play a test tone and put your forehead in the horn. You'll only hear sound from one side.

I don't know specifically how they eliminated the problem with the 62II to not require the filter on one driver. I guess the "enhanced" crossover design at 1500 instead of 16-something somehow fixed it.
post #17596 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

where is your build thread at klipsch. I was looking for it.

here

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/145812.aspx
post #17597 of 35375
Thanks
post #17598 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

after hearing them you would sell your RF7II's ... they are that good !
best part is the price if you can build the cabinets it's cheaper than a set of RF7II . Bob will make the motor boards (the front of the speakers) with the holes for the drivers already cut out by CNC router for you

So you're saying that if you heard speakers that sounded better than yours you would sell yours? (lol) Sorry that doesn't make sense slappy. My friend bought a new car and it's very nice. But I'm not selling my car anytime soon just because I drove his and its better than mine.

You had to know I was going to say something to that.
post #17599 of 35375
No kidding..you know, there are better speakers than Klipsch....so I guess once you hear them, you'll be asking for a second mortgage on your home!
post #17600 of 35375
gotta know your limits.
post #17601 of 35375
I like oranges better than apples ? L O L ......
Yeah Nezff is right know your limits , I'm Just happy I can do woodwork as it has expanded my limits .
post #17602 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I like oranges better than apples ? L O L ......
Yeah Nezff is right know your limits , I'm Just happy I can do woodwork as it has expanded my limits .

that wasnt directed at you mike.
post #17603 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

that wasnt directed at you mike.

I know that !
post #17604 of 35375
Really impressed so far with the rf82ii and rc62II combo.
post #17605 of 35375
to be honest, when I moved from the RC62 to the RC64, I didnt notice a HUGE difference. It was there, just subtle.
post #17606 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

to be honest, when I moved from the RC62 to the RC64, I didnt notice a HUGE difference. It was there, just subtle.

Really??? Man I did!
post #17607 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

to be honest, when I moved from the RC62 to the RC64, I didnt notice a HUGE difference. It was there, just subtle.

I'm real impressed with the RC62. It just seems bigger than it is, and it hangs in there well.
post #17608 of 35375
Like I said, there was a difference, but not night and day with normal listening.
post #17609 of 35375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

Like I said, there was a difference, but not night and day with normal listening.

At some point the increase is bound to be small jumps. Now going from a procenter 2000 to the 62, huge.
post #17610 of 35375
Yeah, most people will look at the monster rc64 and automatically assume it is a way better speaker.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread