or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 631

post #18901 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

. I also EQ the heck out of it using a miniDSP, but I gather Audyssey multiEQ would do the same job automatically without a fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post

Audyssey alone, didn't do much with my subs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Audyssey is not "All" it's cracked up to be .. I M H O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

I thought that XT was okay, but XT32 is in a whole different league. Enough so that I sold my two Yamaha YDP2006 PEQ units.

There you go! I recall a thread where it was touted as replacing other standalone EQ solutions... Just had to find the right version of it: Multi XT32

The page here says it has 512 filter frequencies for the sub:

http://www.audyssey.com/audio-technology/multeq

I have yet to even try any version of Audyssey...
post #18902 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

There you go! I recall a thread where it was touted as replacing other standalone EQ solutions... Just had to find the right version of it: Multi XT32

The page here says it has 512 filter frequencies for the sub:

http://www.audyssey.com/audio-technology/multeq

I have yet to even try any version of Audyssey...

Well,
What I found if your room needs alotta room correction then XT32 is better than the standard Audyssey but if your room doesn't need much at all then as in my case it was really hard to get it right with XT32 ( I never could get the center channel right at all ) even with multiple tries ,plotting a grid on mic placement to insure that I was using the prime recommended 8 point pattern , using a boom mic stand , doing the cal @ midnite (no background noise) . Just never came out right, changed out the mic twice thinking I had a bad mic . I was having issues with loss of vocal dynamics in the center channel ,loss of over all dynamics in my heights & wides . I was having a feeling that my seamless soundstage was gone . I went back to a manual EQ , setting the EQ settings flat & damn there was that great horn loaded sound & seamless soundstage was returned .Minor tweaking on Db levels & I was good to go ..
Now I'm not saying this will work for everyone in fact for most it will not . My room does not have many problems to begin with & my placement of speakers is very refined for optimal coverage . The room correction just didn't work in my situation .
I feel that it was over-correcting & I was losing depth & clarity.

Do I mean that Audyssey is useless NO .. Just didn't work in my room that's all . How it works for other rooms that a completely different story & a different out come .
That is what I mean by "Audyssey is not ALL it's cracked up to be "
post #18903 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Speaking of room size here is the rest of my 5.1 setup.

L/R = RF-7II
C = RC-64II
RS/LS = RS-62II

Seems like the more I am researching, the RF-7's need more "room to breath" than what I am providing them. Is my room to small???

So I did some tweaking on my Elite SC-57 last night. I changed my front speaker size to "large" and moved my crossover to 80Hz (from 50Hz). I feel like it really changed the dynamics of my setup and everything blends better. The RF-7's can really take a beating... At least more than I was expecting. Kinda brought a smile to my face.

I'm going to push them to their limits tonight (something I have yet to do) and report back.
post #18904 of 35360
Thanks for the Audyssey feedback Mike, interesting!
post #18905 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post


So I did some tweaking on my Elite SC-57 last night. I changed my front speaker size to "large" and moved my crossover to 80Hz (from 50Hz). I feel like it really changed the dynamics of my setup and everything blends better. The RF-7's can really take a beating... At least more than I was expecting. Kinda brought a smile to my face.

I'm going to push them to their limits tonight (something I have yet to do) and report back.

What sub do you have?
post #18906 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint View Post

What sub do you have?

At the moment I have a Definitive Technology Supercube Reference. I thought I was making a great choice at the time. Man, if I knew then what I know now...

I'm in the process of upgrading to a DIY LFE setup. Just have to find a buyer for this Supercube.
post #18907 of 35360
Saw this deal on Amazon and it looks pretty good. Just want to make sure the RB-41's would be ok for my 16x18 room with 9' vaulted ceilings? If not, there is the RB-51 package for about $500 more.

Not looking for anything to fancy, just a good sounding set of speakers. I heard both of these at the local dealer and they sounded very good to me and would fit my needs. Just want to make sure the 41's wholly be enough for my room. The PA-120 is also a nice addition.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RB-41I...6480243&sr=1-2
post #18908 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by osueric27 View Post

Saw this deal on Amazon and it looks pretty good. Just want to make sure the RB-41's would be ok for my 16x18 room with 9' vaulted ceilings? If not, there is the RB-51 package for about $500 more.

Not looking for anything to fancy, just a good sounding set of speakers. I heard both of these at the local dealer and they sounded very good to me and would fit my needs. Just want to make sure the 41's wholly be enough for my room. The PA-120 is also a nice addition.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RB-41I...6480243&sr=1-2

I'd step up your room is sorta large , BUT I'd call those guys directly on the phone as they have been know to deal with a price

i'd call them 888-224-3663 they have a 15% discount right now too!


http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/k...er-Systems.cfm

No I'm NOT in any Way affiated with these guys but they have been talked about here on the thread many times
they are outta Las Vegas & many guys here have bought from them
post #18909 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I'd step up your room is sorta large , BUT I'd call those guys directly on the phone as they have been know to deal with a price

i'd call them 888-224-3663 they have a 15% discount right now too!


http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/k...er-Systems.cfm

No I'm NOT in any Way affiated with these guys but they have been talked about here on the thread many times
they are outta Las Vegas & many guys here have bought from them

I just ordered from ASD the first time; cherry veneer RC-64II for the lowest price I've ever seen. It's B-stock, but as Mike explained, full warranty & the only difference is cherry wood veneers are slightly darker shade, without a lot of 'swirl.'

But I'll be tucking my new RC-64II into the center channel shelf of my Stand Out Designs cherry Haven, with only the front facing out... can't wait!
post #18910 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by osueric27 View Post

Saw this deal on Amazon and it looks pretty good. Just want to make sure the RB-41's would be ok for my 16x18 room with 9' vaulted ceilings? If not, there is the RB-51 package for about $500 more.

Not looking for anything to fancy, just a good sounding set of speakers. I heard both of these at the local dealer and they sounded very good to me and would fit my needs. Just want to make sure the 41's wholly be enough for my room. The PA-120 is also a nice addition.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-RB-41I...6480243&sr=1-2

Shop around and you can find a way better deal. Go to the Klipsch site and look up the authorized online dealers and call all of them to see what kind of deal they will give you. I guarantee you will be pleased. I did this and ended up upgrading the system just because I saved so much money by shopping. Or you can take all that extra money and buy 2 subs that will be way nicer than the free one being offered.
post #18911 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by willybguy View Post


I just ordered from ASD the first time; cherry veneer RC-64II for the lowest price I've ever seen. It's B-stock, but as Mike explained, full warranty & the only difference is cherry wood veneers are slightly darker shade, without a lot of 'swirl.'

But I'll be tucking my new RC-64II into the center channel shelf of my Stand Out Designs cherry Haven, with only the front facing out... can't wait!

They cut me a deal on all my speakers they ship fast! The speakers get there without issue
post #18912 of 35360
Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a call.
post #18913 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by e84cooper View Post

They cut me a deal on all my speakers they ship fast! The speakers get there without issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by osueric27 View Post

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a call.

Talk to Mike; he meets/beats any price and is an online authorized Klipsch dealer.

Ordered my RC-64II evening of May 8th.... will arrive in NYC May 16th... a bit longer transit time then expected, but for the lowest (authorized dealer & full warranty) price I'm fine with extra wait time.
post #18914 of 35360
Has anyone paired the current high-end Reference series speakers with a Denon 4311?

I am looking at upgrading my 5.1 setup and there is one report in 4311 forum about a noticeable hiss with these speakers connected to the 4311.

I just want to see if it is an isolated thing... don't want to have these shipped and then have to box and ship them all back.

Thanks!
post #18915 of 35360
Could someone pm me the price they are getting from ASD for the RF64ii please
post #18916 of 35360
you mean a RC-64II ??? as in center speaker right ?
post #18917 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Has anyone paired the current high-end Reference series speakers with a Denon 4311?

I am looking at upgrading my 5.1 setup and there is one report in 4311 forum about a noticeable hiss with these speakers connected to the 4311.

I just want to see if it is an isolated thing... don't want to have these shipped and then have to box and ship them all back.

Thanks!

It was a isolated thing............. my neighbor has a 4311 and the RF-7 5.1 system......it sounds Great with his SVS sub. The 4311 is a great AVR as are Klipsch speakers. Enjoy.
post #18918 of 35360
I have a 4311 and I don't hear any hiss
post #18919 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

you mean a RC-64II ??? as in center speaker right ?

Oops yes thanks
post #18920 of 35360
Come on Guy's let the Guy know what you paid so he can price match !!!

Quote:


Could someone pm me the price they are getting from ASD for the RC-64II please
post #18921 of 35360
I thiiink I paid 800 for mine. Can't really remember. I'm selling it very soon.
post #18922 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xereau View Post

I thiiink I paid 800 for mine. Can't really remember. I'm selling it very soon.

WOW a RC-64 for $800.00 New great deal.$1,100.00 new has been the lowest price I have seen. PM when you want to sell. We have Family near you I can have them come over.. no freight. What color and how much so I can sell my RC-62 (Black) mint shape?
Louis
post #18923 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

WOW a RC-64 for $800.00 New great deal.$1,100.00 new has been the lowest price I have seen. PM when you want to sell. We have Family near you I can have them come over.. no freight. What color and how much so I can sell my RC-62 (Black) mint shape?
Louis

You keep bringing up that new great deal. Did you see my earlier comment? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21999209
Reply
Reply
post #18924 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Not what I would call a deal.

Cheapest I have seen so far... no freight. But I am Not looking every day as I need to sell my 62 and still saving cash for a 64 new or used or just find a mint used C7 (Cornwalls are Fronts). I'll bite.. what is a GOOD DEAL on a 64 with warranty? PM me if this is private.
post #18925 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

Cheapest I have seen so far... no freight. But I am Not looking every day as I need to sell my 62 and still saving cash for a 64 new or used or just find a mint used C7 (Cornwalls are Fronts). I'll bite.. what is a GOOD DEAL on a 64 with warranty? PM me if this is private.

Not supposed to post anything other than MSRP prices, so I will not post them. Also we no longer use the PM service. None of the AVS sales staff have PM set up. Sorry, you would need to call to get a price.
Reply
Reply
post #18926 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by willybguy View Post


Talk to Mike; he meets/beats any price and is an online authorized Klipsch dealer.

Ordered my RC-64II evening of May 8th.... will arrive in NYC May 16th... a bit longer transit time then expected, but for the lowest (authorized dealer & full warranty) price I'm fine with extra wait time.

Just ordered the RB51 package. Got the 15% discount and some outdoor speakers thrown in. Checked several other online dealers and they gave me the best price. Thanks for all the help!

By the way, ordered yesterday and everything already shipped.
post #18927 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xereau View Post

I thiiink I paid 800 for mine. Can't really remember. I'm selling it very soon.

I bought my 64 for 800 NIB. B stock but it's beautiful.
post #18928 of 35360
Mine is A stock black. I get all my speakers through the same local person. It's who I got all my belles from etc. If y'all need anything get it from Mike. He friggin emailed me numerous times on his VACATION. I would never buy speakers from anyone other than my local friend but if he ever goes out of business I'll buy from Mike.
post #18929 of 35360
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

I bought my 64 for 800 NIB. B stock but it's beautiful.

Thanks.
post #18930 of 35360
Does anyone know if the rs-62iis can be stand-mounted or something similar, as I do not have a wall close by to attach them to....?

Or would the rb-81iis on stands be okay as the rears in a 5.1 setup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread