or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 695

post #20821 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstrider View Post

I am newer to this forum and thought I would post in here. Years ago, I purchased a pair of Klipsch B2 bookshelves (5.25" woofer and a horn) and a C2 center channel (dual 5.25" woofers and a horn) for my makeshift home stereo. I never really believed in the whole surround sound thing, I just wanted some good clear sound from my stereo and tv. Well this year I have gotten the audio itch and I scratched it on black friday weekend when I ordered a pair of Klipsch KF-28 floorstanding speakers (dual 6.5" woofers and a horn). I have ordered some speaker wire to shift the old bookshelves to the rear surrounds for a 5 channel surround. I am currently undertaking the task of picking a subwoofer out, which is difficult after joining this forum because I see all these awesome choices and am confused on how much to spend and what to get. But my Klipsch speakers are amazing and I don't regret them at all.

Can't go wrong with the klipsch rw-12d subwoofer on newegg for $299.
post #20822 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstrider View Post

I am newer to this forum and thought I would post in here. Years ago, I purchased a pair of Klipsch B2 bookshelves (5.25" woofer and a horn) and a C2 center channel (dual 5.25" woofers and a horn) for my makeshift home stereo. I never really believed in the whole surround sound thing, I just wanted some good clear sound from my stereo and tv. Well this year I have gotten the audio itch and I scratched it on black friday weekend when I ordered a pair of Klipsch KF-28 floorstanding speakers (dual 6.5" woofers and a horn). I have ordered some speaker wire to shift the old bookshelves to the rear surrounds for a 5 channel surround. I am currently undertaking the task of picking a subwoofer out, which is difficult after joining this forum because I see all these awesome choices and am confused on how much to spend and what to get. But my Klipsch speakers are amazing and I don't regret them at all.

Can't go wrong with the klipsch rw-12d subwoofer on newegg for $299.
Hardly. Still going for $500 as we speak. It has not been on that price point for a long time.
post #20823 of 35202
It was $299 leading up to Christmas at Newegg.
post #20824 of 35202
I never saw it for $300 up until Christmas on Newegg. I was checking regularly to see what it was going for.
post #20825 of 35202
Yeah it was definitely $299 around Christmas this year, but I was looking around still and failed to catch that price, I look everyday for it now. Definitely a "best bargain" at that price. I think at that price you could easily buy two and really ramp up your room's frequency response for less than what a lot of people spend on one really nice subwoofer.
post #20826 of 35202
hey guys , just wondering if you can give me some advice or help. i currently want to upgrade my center speaker (currently a klipsch C1). im really on a budget after the holidays , so my question is should i upgrade to the newer C-20 wich i can get for $220 or should i spend more for the rf-52 II ? im currently in a small room, but feel like the C1 is not loud enough. thoughts? thanks
post #20827 of 35202
Just sign up for a price alert...it's been that price on several specials since September from what I've been tracking
post #20828 of 35202
Can someone please tell me what front and surround speakers I should be looking for to timbre match a RC-52 (NOT II) center channel? For the fronts, I would prefer bookshelves or small towers. Thanks.
post #20829 of 35202
^^^RF or RB 52 or 62
post #20830 of 35202
Please have a look here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1448588/have-i-blown-my-klipsch-rc-7-center-speaker
post #20831 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpirate View Post

hey guys , just wondering if you can give me some advice or help. i currently want to upgrade my center speaker (currently a klipsch C1). im really on a budget after the holidays , so my question is should i upgrade to the newer C-20 wich i can get for $220 or should i spend more for the rf-52 II ? im currently in a small room, but feel like the C1 is not loud enough. thoughts? thanks
What are your fronts?
post #20832 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

What are your fronts?

i have two f-20s
post #20833 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpirate View Post

i have two f-20s
According to the Klipsch website, the c20 is the matching center for those speakers. I'd go with that. It has 5.25" woofers and a 1" tweeter as opposed to 4" and .75". It has more sensitivity so it'll play a little louder with the same power. It'll also match better with your fronts so it should be an all around better speaker for your system.
post #20834 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanc View Post

Can't go wrong with the klipsch rw-12d subwoofer on newegg for $299.

I swear by NewEgg for all my hard drive purchases.
However, I know they aren't authorized dealers for a good portion of what they sell. I would assume that ultra-low price on the sub that everyone points to is likely a non-warrantied item. Correct?
post #20835 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nash View Post

I swear by NewEgg for all my hard drive purchases.
However, I know they aren't authorized dealers for a good portion of what they sell. I would assume that ultra-low price on the sub that everyone points to is likely a non-warrantied item. Correct?
Newegg is an authorized online dealer.

http://www.klipsch.com/authorized-online-dealers
post #20836 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Nash View Post

I swear by NewEgg for all my hard drive purchases.
However, I know they aren't authorized dealers for a good portion of what they sell. I would assume that ultra-low price on the sub that everyone points to is likely a non-warrantied item. Correct?

I purchased both of mine thru NE and had to replace one due to a bad amp. NE was fast and courteous with the replacement under the warranty policy.
post #20837 of 35202
RW12-D is on NE for 350 right now.
post #20838 of 35202
Thanks for setting me straight on Newegg & Klipsch, guys. That's great to know. Like I said, I swear by those guys for HD's (and I buy a bunch every year) so I'd feel totally fine buying warrantied stereo goods, too.
post #20839 of 35202
My friend had to move and could not take his Cornwalls with him so he gave them to me. To drive them I've got a Pioneer SC25
post #20840 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Bomber View Post

My friend had to move and could not take his Cornwalls with him so he gave them to me. To drive them I've got a Pioneer SC25

Nice score, Mad Bomber!

Time to get one Heresy, a single La Scala, or one more Cornwal for a center channel.

Don't forget,a sub!

Congrats!
post #20841 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Nice score, Mad Bomber!
Time to get one Heresy, a single La Scala, or one more Cornwal for a center channel.
Don't forget,a sub!
Congrats!
I have all B&W speakers (in 7.2 chanals) these are just extra and I need another amp or 2 mono's

Thank god that I've got the room to be able to fit all them in and my wife did'nt even blow a gasket
post #20842 of 35202
Hi folks, I have a question perhaps you can help me with.

I have a Klipsch 7.1 setup (all Klipsch with SVS sub):

Klipsch Reference RF-35 Floorstanding mains
Klipsch Reference RC-35 Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RS-41 II Surround Speakers
Klipsch RB-42 II Back Speakers
SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer

Powered by a Denon AVR-3312ci Receiver

I really loved the sound from my system at my condo, but since I moved to a house with a very open floor plan (living room opens into kitchen behind, and family room to one side), I've been less happy, primarily with the way the room just eats dialog from the center channel.

I can crank the volume to painful levels but the center dialog is still hard to make out. The difference from my last home, with the same amp and speakers (different sub but not applicable), is very noticeable. Sound is definitely coming out, it's just getting swallowed somehow. I intend to run some measurements and look into some acoustic treatments, but I am also open to considering other ways to improve.

1) Replacements/upgrades for the front speakers (L/C/R): my speakers are a little old at this point... Would upgrading to current-model speakers be much improvement? My RF-35s have 8" drivers, so the only seemingly comparable speaker in the current lineup is is RF-7 II (and I guess RC-62 II center to replace the RC-35?). Would I see much difference? Or is it time to look at an alternative? I REALLY love the look of the copper drivers... My designer wife actually likes the look, which makes life with big components much easier, but I also really love my Paradigm-based secondary system, so I'm open to alternatives, especially if the speaker cabinets are nicer than the Klipsches offer.

2) An external amp, such as the Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5: Is there much point? Klipsch speakers are already so efficient, but I've seen mixed reports on amp power upgrades. Some report that the Klipsch speakers really open up with a good solid power upgrade, and others say that until you are at or beyond reference levels, there's no point to adding power unless your amp is complete rubbish. The Denon amp is not top of the line, but it's not quite rubbish, either. Any point to such an addition, with Klipsch speakers?

Seems clear that first order of business should really be acoustic treatments, but until I'm able to get things measured and a word with the good gents at Gik, I'm looking into other ways I might improve my sound.
post #20843 of 35202
Glad I found this thread and forum, signed up because I've had the itch to upgrade my HT. Recently purchased-

2x RF-62 II
1x RC-52 I
2x RS-52 II
2x RW-12D
Powered by Onkyo TX-NR809

Ok well I don't have the receiver yet, it should be here in less than 12 hours though biggrin.gif:D

Was originally thinking of running the RF-62's with an Amp but decided against it because of the efficiency. I'm hoping to get a Line Conditioner with voltage display, was looking at Panamax and Monster, but even Belkin has some good stuff. Might end up with the Monster, it looks good and is just SLIGHTLY less functional than the panamax, but if I get it on sale it's a no brainer. I don't necessarily have a problem but there's blackouts from time to time, and I have my Entertainment stand open so Aesthetics mean alot to me.

Anyone see a difference in quality with a Line Conditioner? I'm not expecting anything, but it's going to help me BIG time with cable management. A Line Conditioner and with the Onkyo I only have a single HDMI cable and power cord coming from the TV, looks very clean.
post #20844 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

Hi folks, I have a question perhaps you can help me with.
I have a Klipsch 7.1 setup (all Klipsch with SVS sub):
Klipsch Reference RF-35 Floorstanding mains
Klipsch Reference RC-35 Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RS-41 II Surround Speakers
Klipsch RB-42 II Back Speakers
SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer
Powered by a Denon AVR-3312ci Receiver
I really loved the sound from my system at my condo, but since I moved to a house with a very open floor plan (living room opens into kitchen behind, and family room to one side), I've been less happy, primarily with the way the room just eats dialog from the center channel.
I can crank the volume to painful levels but the center dialog is still hard to make out. The difference from my last home, with the same amp and speakers (different sub but not applicable), is very noticeable. Sound is definitely coming out, it's just getting swallowed somehow. I intend to run some measurements and look into some acoustic treatments, but I am also open to considering other ways to improve.
1) Replacements/upgrades for the front speakers (L/C/R): my speakers are a little old at this point... Would upgrading to current-model speakers be much improvement? My RF-35s have 8" drivers, so the only seemingly comparable speaker in the current lineup is is RF-7 II (and I guess RC-62 II center to replace the RC-35?). Would I see much difference? Or is it time to look at an alternative? I REALLY love the look of the copper drivers... My designer wife actually likes the look, which makes life with big components much easier, but I also really love my Paradigm-based secondary system, so I'm open to alternatives, especially if the speaker cabinets are nicer than the Klipsches offer.
2) An external amp, such as the Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5: Is there much point? Klipsch speakers are already so efficient, but I've seen mixed reports on amp power upgrades. Some report that the Klipsch speakers really open up with a good solid power upgrade, and others say that until you are at or beyond reference levels, there's no point to adding power unless your amp is complete rubbish. The Denon amp is not top of the line, but it's not quite rubbish, either. Any point to such an addition, with Klipsch speakers?
Seems clear that first order of business should really be acoustic treatments, but until I'm able to get things measured and a word with the good gents at Gik, I'm looking into other ways I might improve my sound.

Bigger space eats more sound waves. If you are going RF7s, great speaker, then you will need the RC64 center (the RC62 is,the match for RF82s).

Might want to keep your 35s for rears; and sell your 41s and 42s and put,the money on some RS62s.

Then the external am to open up your front soundstage by hooking external amp to RF7s.

Sounds like you have some fun ahead!

Denon 3312 is quite adequate.
post #20845 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

Hi folks, I have a question perhaps you can help me with.
I have a Klipsch 7.1 setup (all Klipsch with SVS sub):
Klipsch Reference RF-35 Floorstanding mains
Klipsch Reference RC-35 Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RS-41 II Surround Speakers
Klipsch RB-42 II Back Speakers
SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer
Powered by a Denon AVR-3312ci Receiver
I really loved the sound from my system at my condo, but since I moved to a house with a very open floor plan (living room opens into kitchen behind, and family room to one side), I've been less happy, primarily with the way the room just eats dialog from the center channel.
I can crank the volume to painful levels but the center dialog is still hard to make out. The difference from my last home, with the same amp and speakers (different sub but not applicable), is very noticeable. Sound is definitely coming out, it's just getting swallowed somehow. I intend to run some measurements and look into some acoustic treatments, but I am also open to considering other ways to improve.
1) Replacements/upgrades for the front speakers (L/C/R): my speakers are a little old at this point... Would upgrading to current-model speakers be much improvement? My RF-35s have 8" drivers, so the only seemingly comparable speaker in the current lineup is is RF-7 II (and I guess RC-62 II center to replace the RC-35?). Would I see much difference? Or is it time to look at an alternative? I REALLY love the look of the copper drivers... My designer wife actually likes the look, which makes life with big components much easier, but I also really love my Paradigm-based secondary system, so I'm open to alternatives, especially if the speaker cabinets are nicer than the Klipsches offer.
2) An external amp, such as the Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5: Is there much point? Klipsch speakers are already so efficient, but I've seen mixed reports on amp power upgrades. Some report that the Klipsch speakers really open up with a good solid power upgrade, and others say that until you are at or beyond reference levels, there's no point to adding power unless your amp is complete rubbish. The Denon amp is not top of the line, but it's not quite rubbish, either. Any point to such an addition, with Klipsch speakers?
Seems clear that first order of business should really be acoustic treatments, but until I'm able to get things measured and a word with the good gents at Gik, I'm looking into other ways I might improve my sound.

Where is the center channel speaker located? What type of floor surface to you have now/ What type of floor surface did you have before? What is your listening distance? What was your listening distance before? If your listening distance is pretty close to the same, then the problem is room setup. My guess is that sound reflections are more of a problem now, compared to before.
Reply
Reply
post #20846 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Bigger space eats more sound waves. If you are going RF7s, great speaker, then you will need the RC64 center (the RC62 is,the match for RF82s).
Might want to keep your 35s for rears; and sell your 41s and 42s and put,the money on some RS62s.
Then the external am to open up your front soundstage by hooking external amp to RF7s.
Sounds like you have some fun ahead!
Denon 3312 is quite adequate.

While I'd love to go with a monster center, my current TV stand (which I built, copying Standout Designs err, design):



I'll probably leave the surrounds alone, as I don't have problems in that area. I'm mostly concentrating on the front soundstage.

Is the the RF-7 II much improvement from my current RF-35's (which were close to top of the line at the time, if I recall), which also have 8" drivers and (I think) the same size cabinets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Where is the center channel speaker located? What type of floor surface to you have now/ What type of floor surface did you have before? What is your listening distance? What was your listening distance before? If your listening distance is pretty close to the same, then the problem is room setup. My guess is that sound reflections are more of a problem now, compared to before.

Center channel used to be located above the TV with my older Mits projection TV, now it's below my new plasma (see photo). Lowering it actually helped, but not enough.

Both places had hardwood floor, and the same seating arrangement. Viewing position was 14' at the condo, now it's about 9' (perfect!). Left and Right speakers are a couple of feet farther apart than they were before, but the basic triangle setup is pretty good.

Distances are different, but I would think improved over the farther distance previously. I think acoustic treatments are going to be my only shot at saving this setup, but I was hoping...
post #20847 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

Hi folks, I have a question perhaps you can help me with.
I have a Klipsch 7.1 setup (all Klipsch with SVS sub):
Klipsch Reference RF-35 Floorstanding mains
Klipsch Reference RC-35 Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RS-41 II Surround Speakers
Klipsch RB-42 II Back Speakers
SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer
Powered by a Denon AVR-3312ci Receiver
I really loved the sound from my system at my condo, but since I moved to a house with a very open floor plan (living room opens into kitchen behind, and family room to one side), I've been less happy, primarily with the way the room just eats dialog from the center channel.
I can crank the volume to painful levels but the center dialog is still hard to make out. The difference from my last home, with the same amp and speakers (different sub but not applicable), is very noticeable. Sound is definitely coming out, it's just getting swallowed somehow. I intend to run some measurements and look into some acoustic treatments, but I am also open to considering other ways to improve.
1) Replacements/upgrades for the front speakers (L/C/R): my speakers are a little old at this point... Would upgrading to current-model speakers be much improvement? My RF-35s have 8" drivers, so the only seemingly comparable speaker in the current lineup is is RF-7 II (and I guess RC-62 II center to replace the RC-35?). Would I see much difference? Or is it time to look at an alternative? I REALLY love the look of the copper drivers... My designer wife actually likes the look, which makes life with big components much easier, but I also really love my Paradigm-based secondary system, so I'm open to alternatives, especially if the speaker cabinets are nicer than the Klipsches offer.
2) An external amp, such as the Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5: Is there much point? Klipsch speakers are already so efficient, but I've seen mixed reports on amp power upgrades. Some report that the Klipsch speakers really open up with a good solid power upgrade, and others say that until you are at or beyond reference levels, there's no point to adding power unless your amp is complete rubbish. The Denon amp is not top of the line, but it's not quite rubbish, either. Any point to such an addition, with Klipsch speakers?
Seems clear that first order of business should really be acoustic treatments, but until I'm able to get things measured and a word with the good gents at Gik, I'm looking into other ways I might improve my sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Bigger space eats more sound waves. If you are going RF7s, great speaker, then you will need the RC64 center (the RC62 is,the match for RF82s).
Might want to keep your 35s for rears; and sell your 41s and 42s and put,the money on some RS62s.
Then the external am to open up your front soundstage by hooking external amp to RF7s.
Sounds like you have some fun ahead!
Denon 3312 is quite adequate.

While I know that rooms change sound drastically, it's hard for me to imagine it changing that much. I took my old Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra and gave it to my dad which is in a room much larger than before and still sounds great. Have you ran Audyssey in the new home? Do you have a layout of the old and new listening area?

If you do plan to upgrade, take a listen for yourself. The RF-7 II would be a great upgrade from the RF-35's but unless you want to spend money, try all you can with what you have currently before spending money. It's always worth it to try out the amp as Emotiva does have a 30 day money back guarantee. I have the RC-35 in a very large room that opens up to the kitchen, albeit behind the speaker, and to the hallway and have not had a problem with hearing the dialog. I do have an RC-62 II that I can swap and let you know if there is any different in sound, although YMMV. Have you tried swapping the RC-35 with either the RF or RB speakers to see if it may be something with the speaker itself?
post #20848 of 35202
I'll second that: have you re-run Audyssey? Have you tried playing with the "Dialogue Level" (center channel level) on the AVR? If you have re-run Audyssey, have you confirmed the levels it set are correct with a DB meter? Have you confirmed that Audyssey set your distances correctly?
post #20849 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

While I'd love to go with a monster center, my current TV stand (which I built, copying Standout Designs err, design):


Is the the RF-7 II much improvement from my current RF-35's (which were close to top of the line at the time, if I recall), which also have 8" drivers and (I think) the same size cabinets?

I don't know if this will make a big difference in your situation, but the RF-7 has 10" woofers. The RF-82 has 8" woofers, like your speakers.
post #20850 of 35202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCoolJesus View Post

It hasn't even been 24 hours since I ordered! lol

Any updates? You've had a few days now to set it up. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread