or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 734

post #21991 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I dont know about that exact number either rolleyes.gif but for all practical purposes I would say its about right. You have to be careful about numbers here. If you say its dark half the time someone will want to argue about the summer and winter solstice and what part of the world you live in.
And I mean no offense to Zen Traveler. Hes a good guy.

I take no offense and this started out as a Science Forum so I like to do my part to separate opinion from facts...For the record, I think it depends on alot of things on how much gets sent to the rear channels and how beneficial height and width speakers are comparatively speaking.
post #21992 of 35263
^^^I don't understand that, because when a studio is mixing they don't take height/width speakers into consideration *at all* (save for the Expendables 2). You have to rely on audio processing from your AVR to disperse the sounds which is not how the sound engineers intended the soundtrack to be played.
post #21993 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePC View Post

newegg also has a center http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780086


wow the prices ? why so low

I just pulled the trigger on this the other day. to cheap to pass up. I got the wf 35s a month or so ago and was getting the matching center eventually any way so when i saw it this cheap i had no choice but to get it.
post #21994 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

^^^I don't understand that, because when a studio is mixing they don't take height/width speakers into consideration *at all* (save for the Expendables 2). You have to rely on audio processing from your AVR to disperse the sounds which is not how the sound engineers intended the soundtrack to be played.
Where is your link saying that sound editing does not take that into consideration when mixing a film ? ?
post #21995 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Where is your link saying that sound editing does not take that into consideration when mixing a film ? ?

Umm... There is no link to say that because it doesn't... Fwiw, there is no "height and wides" in movie theaters. It's like trying to prove a negative.
post #21996 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

I take no offense and this started out as a Science Forum so I like to do my part to separate opinion from facts...For the record, I think it depends on alot of things on how much gets sent to the rear channels and how beneficial height and width speakers are comparatively speaking.
Completely agree. Its not a simple evaluation. But if no one was allowed to post their opinion then AVS wouldnt be much fun. tongue.gif Its when someone states their opinion as fact that problems arise. Im sure you can agree with that.
Keep everyone on their toes Zen. wink.gif
Edited by Bond 007 - 4/20/13 at 12:20am
post #21997 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

^^^I don't understand that, because when a studio is mixing they don't take height/width speakers into consideration *at all* (save for the Expendables 2). You have to rely on audio processing from your AVR to disperse the sounds which is not how the sound engineers intended the soundtrack to be played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Where is your link saying that sound editing does not take that into consideration when mixing a film ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

Umm... There is no link to say that because it doesn't... Fwiw, there is no "height and wides" in movie theaters. It's like trying to prove a negative.
I'm not gonna start to argue heights/wides/backs as that is off topic for this thread & there are other threads that go into that in depth with DTS ,DSX 7.1 , 9.1 ,11.1 & more .
post #21998 of 35263
Bond, I've been lured into that same conversation more times than I care to admit. (And here I am once again tongue.gif) If we could only state scientific fact, this site would be a reference source that you used to look up something. I use it for that. But I am so thankful we have conversations that keep me coming back to a community as a souce of entertainment.
post #21999 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post

Bond, I've been lured into that same conversation more times than I care to admit. (And here I am once again tongue.gif) If we could only state scientific fact, this site would be a reference source that you used to look up something. I use it for that. But I am so thankful we have conversations that keep me coming back to a community as a souce of entertainment.

I agree completely and you and Fastslappy are the nicest guys with great opinions and I've actually seen y'all bring Science into the discussion.smile.gif Otoh, I have also been known to give my opinion as well. This place has been a GREAT to obtain independent knowledge but sometimes it seems we go through periods where we get bombarded with 'Fans' who only get their views from the internet and they pass it on as experience. I realize that sometimes I come across as argumentative but in my defense I don't do it haphazardly.

I mentioned above my opinion about the internet being a mixed bag for both Conglomerates (which btw, Klipsch used to not be a part of when I joined this thread) and consumers. The last great advance for Klipsch speakers (imo) was the larger compression drivers for the horn after they decided not to go 3-Way in their speakers anymore--That happened when Paul Klipsch was alive and still had influence on the company--That's not to say that Klipsch doesn't make great speakers today, but I remember having a discussion on here when a person put verbatim something from the Company's marketing department which I thought could have skewed reality in favor of advertising...When you couple that with folks no longer auditioning speakers pretty soon it's hard to establish fact from propaganda.

Heck, my guess is that I've probably inadvertently help sell alot of RF-7II based on my experience with the originals and can go back to certain posts by others to prove my point--That said, I'm not convinced that the RF-7II is an "upgrade" to the original RF-7s but given everyone's experience feel confident that it's a great sounding speaker. Insofar as the lower end Reference Series is concerned, when the Mark II Series came out Klipsch CS even told a purchaser that it was okay to run different series of RF-62s in the front soundstage and they definitely would have told him if it wasn't going to be a seamless match.

Then of course we get into the Science and have folks rightly wondering why a speaker with such a high Sensitivity rating needs a more robust power supply to drive and then it really get's interesting. Then there are you Heritage guys who have all sorts of opinions on whether to moddify your Klipsch Speakers and then it gets downright exciting!
post #22000 of 35263
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Apr-0-2013/wkdeal20/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS042013&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS042013-_-EMC-042013-Index-_-E0A-_-EditorsElite
post #22001 of 35263
Klipsch WS-24 are now $299.00 glad I received a pair for $267.00 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780088
post #22002 of 35263
[quote name="ZThen there are you Heritage guys who have all sorts of opinions on whether to moddify your Klipsch Speakers and then it gets downright exciting![/quote]

wink.gif
post #22003 of 35263
if it's working as designed, I ain' fixin' it...
post #22004 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

if it's working as designed, I ain' fixin' it...

The only thing goes south in speakers are the crossovers. Components do age and drift off the original specs.
post #22005 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

if it's working as designed, I ain' fixin' it...

The only thing goes south in speakers are the crossovers. Components do age and drift off the original specs.

Goin' South is good! Bet most listeners could Not tell the difference between one fixed and one not. But there are some golden ears.
Edited by SanchoPanza - 4/23/13 at 6:44am
post #22006 of 35263
Oops I'll fix that quote when I'm not on iPhone
post #22007 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Oops I'll fix that quote when I'm not on iPhone

That's okay--I still try to communicate on my crappy ol' laptop.
post #22008 of 35263
No doubt some time in the future I'll start fixin' those that are working
post #22009 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Goin' South is good! Bet most listeners could Not tell the difference between one fixed and one not. But there are some golden ears.

I will be upgrading the tweeter and crossover in my Academy and crossovers in my Chorus II's this summer. I don't have golden ears. The Navy took care of that for me a long time ago. I will let you know the outcome of the upgrades.
post #22010 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Goin' South is good! Bet most listeners could Not tell the difference between one fixed and one not. But there are some golden ears.

I will be upgrading the tweeter and crossover in my Academy and crossovers in my Chorus II's this summer. I don't have golden ears. The Navy took care of that for me a long time ago. I will let you know the outcome of the upgrades.

Well as you know tanks & planes took mine...but I've about 8-16 pair of Ks to catch up to you; then I'll prolly start tweakin'
Edited by SanchoPanza - 4/23/13 at 6:44am
post #22011 of 35263
I don't know if this is the right place but is the rw 12 d an upgrade from my SW 112?
post #22012 of 35263
for what... HT or 2 channel?
post #22013 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by e84cooper View Post

I don't know if this is the right place but is the rw 12 d an upgrade from my SW 112?
No. Not significant enough to justify the money. It would probably be such a small step that you would barely notice the difference. If youre gonna upgrade then upgrade.
post #22014 of 35263
Does anyone know what the difference would be if I installed four, R-5800-W speakers in the wall paired as left and rights as opposed to two RF-82 II towers? I would love to keep everything as flat to the wall as possible.


What would be the drawbacks?

If I go with four in-walls should they be hooked up in series or parallel?

Thanks
post #22015 of 35263
Does anyone know how the klipsch kb15 compare to the b20? Or are they the same.
post #22016 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe246 View Post

Does anyone know how the klipsch kb15 compare to the b20? Or are they the same.
Not sure exactly but they arent the same.
post #22017 of 35263
now I need 1 more pair for my surround backs

think newegg will change price again to 129.99 each ?



Klipsch WS-24 are now $299.00 glad I received a pair for $267.00 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780088
post #22018 of 35263
Hello. Just starting to put together a new HT and need some help deciding on a center channel. So far I have a Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver and RF-62ii for the front LR speakers and I also plan on getting a SVS SB-12nsd sub. I'm trying to decide between the RC-62ii or RC-52ii for the center. With TX-NR616 max output of 100W per channel, would there be significant improvement with the RC-62 over the RC-52 to justify the extra $200?
post #22019 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1194 View Post

Hello. Just starting to put together a new HT and need some help deciding on a center channel. So far I have a Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver and RF-62ii for the front LR speakers and I also plan on getting a SVS SB-12nsd sub. I'm trying to decide between the RC-62ii or RC-52ii for the center. With TX-NR616 max output of 100W per channel, would there be significant improvement with the RC-62 over the RC-52 to justify the extra $200?

I got the RC-42II; wish I'd gone MUCH bigger. So, I'd go with the RC-62Ii, or another RF-62II, if space allows. Center is THE most important for movies. Bought the 42 'cause it fit, now am putting center on a table by itself, below the tv, so I may go with a Heresy II or III as center!!!
post #22020 of 35263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1194 View Post

Hello. Just starting to put together a new HT and need some help deciding on a center channel. So far I have a Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver and RF-62ii for the front LR speakers and I also plan on getting a SVS SB-12nsd sub. I'm trying to decide between the RC-62ii or RC-52ii for the center. With TX-NR616 max output of 100W per channel, would there be significant improvement with the RC-62 over the RC-52 to justify the extra $200?

In my opinion, having listened to the 52 and 62 side by side, without question yes. I went from the 52 to the RC-64II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread