or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 779

post #23341 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

http://www.klipsch.com/rs-3-ii-surround-speaker ZEN I just realized this too. I looked at my rears RS3-II as they are 6"X6" yet they are not equal in the dispersion. eek.gif
You Are CORRECT sometimes logic is not the best way to quote. I stand "Corrected" the inside of the tweeter horn starting at the throat where the diaphragm is NOT square INSIDE.
the vertical sides are wider then the horiznal side as the curve goes out. Duh My bad... Check out the Omnimount WA 30.0 wall mounts one of you put me onto here last week.




06GTO I found that Omnimount makes a wall mount that holds 30 pounds. This how I mounted my RS3-II. If you can deal on the RS-3 go for it,they really are a good rear suround for a wall mount. Wish I had 4 corners for my Heresy II for rears but after I installed the brackets and aimed them down at the back of our sofa they came alive. Hope this helps.
Edited by Louis Bartay - 7/11/13 at 5:45pm
post #23342 of 35267
Louis if you've not posted pics of your Heresies, would you please?
post #23343 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Louis if you've not posted pics of your Heresies, would you please?

Ok... I will have to clean up the bedroom first... eek.gif so you can see my DIY stands they set on. I have R2R tapes, Lp's etc and clean clothes (basket) in front of the stands. My wife is out of town so I have not picked up my stuff in a few days. I will try to post them up tomorrow.
Edited by Louis Bartay - 7/11/13 at 4:27pm
post #23344 of 35267
Yes but you don't have to clean for me.
post #23345 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Yes but you don't have to clean for me.

I moved the stuff out the way. The base is full of lead shot I had left over from my skeet/trap shooting days.The stands were for some smaller speakers so I used some 2X4 wood to help the extra weight. This winter I want to build two sub woofer boxs and set the HII on them. I really need to rework the base and make it wider or copy Mupi stands and screw the bottom box to larger square board but for now they work just fine. You don't notice the ruff looking cuts on the wood base as the camera shows every little flaw.




Edited by Louis Bartay - 7/11/13 at 5:49pm
post #23346 of 35267
Nice thank you for posting!
post #23347 of 35267
I like the SW box idea, too.
post #23348 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

I like the SW box idea, too.
Thanks but I can't take credit for the idea.
I read about it on Audio Karma Klipsch section and again on the Klipsch factory forum. One member has some skills with wood and one box was his sub and the other had two doors that opens up to two shelves. They were all stained the same as his HII were. They are awsome, looked factory made. Then I looked at the stands Mupi made and did a mod to stands I had.
post #23349 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Don't feel bad that you don't have those high quality pre-pros. I have checked the specs of the high end Integra pre-pro and guess what same 1.2V peak pre-out voltage.

I am yet to see any reviewer measure 6-9V as claimed by Emotiva of their pre-amp. Even if I get 3V at say half the volume, I can get full power from pretty much any amp on this planet. But the problem is there isn't much processing on these analog pre-amps i.e no room correction, limited bass management etc. I was thinking about taking the pre-out output from the AVR and feed that to an amp via the analog pre-amp. Never experimented that when I had the USP-1

An amp manufacturer is always going to sell you an amp based on its WPC. You have to challenge them that it is a viable solution only if you can supply the input sensitivity of that amp i.e 1V or 2.8V or whatever, distortion free, which is nor practical with an AVR. Ask them to give you such a solution. They will back off like the guy from WIRED 4 SOUND did. WPC of an amp is a rating which you will not see at all from an amp using AVR as a pre-pro. Like I said before try a bump box like Samson but that may also add distortion.

With the kind of dynamic compression on the CD's these days, you never know if it is distortion due to the AVR or the CD itself. To me CD's (made after say mid 90's) sound awful at all volumes.

Anyway.. if you like how the amp sounds, that's all matters smile.gif

Many AVR's and prepro's will put out more than 1.2 volts. I have read measurements from many of them. I did a quick search and found where Ricci measured his Onkyo prepro and his Onkyo AVR: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1395368/who-here-is-going-straight-from-receiver-pre-outs-to-a-pro-amp-for-their-subwoofer/60#post_22495171
I know these are subwoofer preouts, but I have read measurements from the main preouts that were above 1.2 volts many times, but too much trouble to run down.
Reply
Reply
post #23350 of 35267
i finally found my klf-30 's and klf-c7 brand new for 850$ in oregon .not bad for a 5 hours drive ,gonna be a nice weekend and a huge change from my rf-82
and rc62 .what do you guys think on this deal ? they are brand new never used is that a fair deal ?the nice fellow was asking 1150 $ but considered
me driving from vancouver canada and he was cool about it .
he bought 2 pairs 10 years ago and never could fit all of them in his theater so he stored them .
well i am gonna post some thought and pictures when i bring back those legendary speakers home....
post #23351 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post

i finally found my klf-30 's and klf-c7 brand new for 850$ in oregon .not bad for a 5 hours drive ,gonna be a nice weekend and a huge change from my rf-82
and rc62 .what do you guys think on this deal ? they are brand new never used is that a fair deal ?the nice fellow was asking 1150 $ but considered
me driving from vancouver canada and he was cool about it .
he bought 2 pairs 10 years ago and never could fit all of them in his theater so he stored them .
well i am gonna post some thought and pictures when i bring back those legendary speakers home....

Good deal for NIB Major upgrade. Check the front motor borad and the rear boards on the KLF30. Some of the early production KLF towers had a bad batch of glue that got by Q.C. at the factory and a few came loose after some hard use(bass). Klipsch fixed the problem later that first year they were made. My friend has 4 KLF20/C7 and his first new pair of KLF20 started to rattle with hard use back then and the local Klipsch Dealer replaced them free(still in warranty). 6 years later he purchased a second pair used for HT rears and they too were loose and the seller dropped the price and we removed the drivers and reguled the insides . There is pictures on Audio Karma Klpsch section and the Klipsch Factory Forum where a member (Moray James) and several others did a total re-work and rebraced a pair. No big deal if they come loose, a easy fix we just reglued them. And worth the trouble. The 30 series with a pair of 12" Rocks. The C7 is a awsome center, I think one of their best ( I sold a RC-62).Call Bob Crites he has Ti diaphragms for those tweeters in all the KLF/C7 a major improvement over the stock poly diaphragms. I think the KLF sound great to me stock.So enjoy, now find a another pair of any KLF10/20/30 for your rear surrounds............awsome 5.1 or 5.2 HT system. You will have to spend 3 times this amount to better the sound system you have now.
post #23352 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

Good deal for NIB Major upgrade. Check the front motor borad and the rear boards on the KLF30. Some of the early production KLF towers had a bad batch of glue that got by Q.C. at the factory and a few came loose after some hard use(bass). Klipsch fixed the problem later that first year they were made. My friend has 4 KLF20/C7 and his first new pair of KLF20 started to rattle with hard use back then and the local Klipsch Dealer replaced them free(still in warranty). 6 years later he purchased a second pair used for HT rears and they too were loose and the seller dropped the price and we removed the drivers and reguled the insides . There is pictures on Audio Karma Klpsch section and the Klipsch Factory Forum where a member (Moray James) and several others did a total re-work and rebraced a pair. No big deal if they come loose, a easy fix we just reglued them. And worth the trouble. The 30 series with a pair of 12" Rocks. The C7 is a awsome center, I think one of their best ( I sold a RC-62).Call Bob Crites he has Ti diaphragms for those tweeters in all the KLF/C7 a major improvement over the stock poly diaphragms. I think the KLF sound great to me stock.So enjoy, now find a another pair of any KLF10/20/30 for your rear surrounds............awsome 5.1 or 5.2 HT system. You will have to spend 3 times this amount to better the sound system you have now.
thank you louis ,i don t know how to check the front and rear motor boards please explain ..... but the seller has another pair that is well used to demo and i will also
hook up the pair that i m buying to check for rattles of cones or drivers ,buzzing or ringing in tweeters ,i was thinking of living with the stock
tweeters for a while and then maybe getting bob crites upgrades tweeters.
i have rs 52 s for surrounds and i love em and don't think i dare tell the wife here is another huge towers for surrounds like the klf 10,
she is mad as it is with me looking daily at klipsch deals on ebay and klipsch forums .
so if the glue or panels came loose it is an easy fix and stillworth it ?......
post #23353 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post

thank you louis ,i don t know how to check the front and rear motor boards please explain ..... but the seller has another pair that is well used to demo and i will also
hook up the pair that i m buying to check for rattles of cones or drivers ,buzzing or ringing in tweeters ,i was thinking of living with the stock
tweeters for a while and then maybe getting bob crites upgrades tweeters.
i have rs 52 s for surrounds and i love em and don't think i dare tell the wife here is another huge towers for surrounds like the klf 10,
she is mad as it is with me looking daily at klipsch deals on ebay and klipsch forums .
so if the glue or panels came loose it is an easy fix and stillworth it ?......
the gluing is a easy fix , PM me if you need details
& Yes that's a great deal even if they need gluing down the road smile.gif
post #23354 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post

thank you louis ,i don t know how to check the front and rear motor boards please explain ..... but the seller has another pair that is well used to demo and i will also
hook up the pair that i m buying to check for rattles of cones or drivers ,buzzing or ringing in tweeters ,i was thinking of living with the stock
tweeters for a while and then maybe getting bob crites upgrades tweeters.
i have rs 52 s for surrounds and i love em and don't think i dare tell the wife here is another huge towers for surrounds like the klf 10,
she is mad as it is with me looking daily at klipsch deals on ebay and klipsch forums .
so if the glue or panels came loose it is an easy fix and stillworth it ?......

PM sent with instructions and where to go to do a search on for step by step pictures from other Klipsch KLF owners that went a step further and made cabinet cross + braces inside too.
Don't panic there is a good chance you have later model one's and they are not effected. And if they are loose don't get in a hurry, if I can do this repair anyone can. Hope this helps.
Louis
post #23355 of 35267
Hey guys,

I have Klipsch RB51II as my rear bookshelf speakers that I would like to mount on my ceiling. I initially thought I would be mounting these to the wall but now after getting feedback from an install place onsite and having a lack of rear wall - I need them ceiling mounted. Are there any ceiling mounts out there for these types of speakers? I had purchased Pinpoint AM40 mounts but these are made for wall mounts and have a tilt and swivel feature.

I am hoping to get things installed soon but this is one of the last road blocks holding me up.

As a last resort - I may consider selling these speakers and getting in-wall Klipsch speakers but does anyone know what would match well with RF82II, RS42II, RW12D.RC52II.

Here are the dimensions and weight the RB51II that I want to ceiling mount:
10.7 x 6.5 x 11.4 inches ; 20.9 pounds

Thanks for your input!
post #23356 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the gluing is a easy fix , PM me if you need details
& Yes that's a great deal even if they need gluing down the road smile.gif
thank you fastslappy ,i will pm you if needed man.i think the guy bought the later models,
at bestbuy when they were clearing them out in 2003 so i am wishing for no issues .
i have been looking for 2 years for these.gotta stop this obsession lol
post #23357 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project H View Post

Hey guys,

I have Klipsch RB51II as my rear bookshelf speakers that I would like to mount on my ceiling. I initially thought I would be mounting these to the wall but now after getting feedback from an install place onsite and having a lack of rear wall - I need them ceiling mounted. Are there any ceiling mounts out there for these types of speakers? I had purchased Pinpoint AM40 mounts but these are made for wall mounts and have a tilt and swivel feature.

I am hoping to get things installed soon but this is one of the last road blocks holding me up.

As a last resort - I may consider selling these speakers and getting in-wall Klipsch speakers but does anyone know what would match well with RF82II, RS42II, RW12D.RC52II.

Here are the dimensions and weight the RB51II that I want to ceiling mount:
10.7 x 6.5 x 11.4 inches ; 20.9 pounds

Thanks for your input!
do a google search for ceiling mounts for small LCD displays/computer monitors , some of the smaller ones will work for ceiling mounting a speaker
basically they are a small plate that is attached to the ceiling then a tube that extends down some from the ceiling plate & then a pivot point & then a attach plate to the display that can be used to attach to the back wall of the speaker . these are ideal as they give a Very accurate ability to do a pinpoint aiming of a speaker which is what you want with a set of RB direct radiator speakers.

in-wall speakers are bad because all they do is aim the speaker straight down @ the floor & not across the room , there is no aiming at all & the fact that you have to cut a huge hole in the ceiling
post #23358 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post

thank you fastslappy ,i will pm you if needed man.i think the guy bought the later models,
at bestbuy when they were clearing them out in 2003 so i am wishing for no issues .
i have been looking for 2 years for these.gotta stop this obsession lol

Fwiw, I am pretty sure they didn't sell the KLF-30s at BestBuy--Ever. They were also discontinued in 2001.

Edit: Here is a link from the Klipsch Forum back in 2003 when they first introduced the Synergy line there and the Legend line had been discontinued for 2 years and the Reference Series had come out and was being sold in the high-dollar stores and replaced the Legend Series. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/25827.aspx?PageIndex=1
Edited by Zen Traveler - 7/13/13 at 2:27pm
post #23359 of 35267
I'd still rather have the KLF-30s than a set of RF-7IIs; other than I could Sell the RFs for more.
post #23360 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

I'd still rather have the KLF-30s than a set of RF-7IIs; other than I could Sell the RFs for more.

I have KLF 20s and RF-7s and if I could only keep one it would be the RF-7s.

I am also curious to find out if the KLF-30s are NIB as the OP said they were--Keeping those boxed up and never taken out for over a decade seems suspect to me, and given they never were sold at bestbuy is something else I would be concerned about....That said, if they were untouched and came with a KLF-C7 for $850 that would be a sweet deal.,
post #23361 of 35267
True, dat. Wonder if some here has the 30s & 7IIs to compare?
post #23362 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

True, dat. Wonder if some here has the 30s & 7IIs to compare?

I dunno, but I am not convinced that the RF-7IIs are an upgrade to the original RF-7s. smile.gif
post #23363 of 35267
Then either/or will do.
post #23364 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

I'd still rather have the KLF-30s than a set of RF-7IIs; other than I could Sell the RFs for more.
Yeah I agree ,
just a better speaker just wish they would built the cabinets better on the 1st go around , I feel the bad press about the un-gluing really hurt sales
post #23365 of 35267
Either way they'd have be a STEAL for me to buy. I'm cherry picking now.
post #23366 of 35267
or, rather Walnut picking, LoL.
post #23367 of 35267
the dual 12" woof's in the KLF-30 were/are monsters ,IIRC those were/are used in the Pro / Theater Klipsch gear
post #23368 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the dual 12" woof's in the KLF-30 were/are monsters ,IIRC those were/are used in the Pro / Theater Klipsch gear

They KLF-30s are nice speakers, but even with the dual 12 in LF drivers they don't go as low as the RF-7s and I think the larger compression driver in the two-way design of the RF-7s makes for a clean upper end...The KLF-20s/30s were 3-way speakers and some say give it a better midrange, but...
post #23369 of 35267
3 way does it for me.
post #23370 of 35267
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

3 way does it for me.

Well, with the advent of the subwoofer we Reference owners actually have 3 way systems...The tweeter handles the high notes, LF drivers the mid range to lower notes, with the subwoofer taking up the bottom end.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread