or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 9

post #241 of 35252
I'm not seeing a lot of other owners of the THX U2 system posting. I see SandmanX has them. Any others with feedback?
post #242 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Man View Post

I'm not seeing a lot of other owners of the THX U2 system posting. I see SandmanX has them. Any others with feedback?

Well, I've got them...love them...but I'm biased so take everything I say with a grain of profit motivated money grubbing salt I'm a Klipsch THX Ultra 2 dealer and I sold them to SandmanX (he hooked me up with an SMX screen...which is AWESOME!). The Ultra 2 system is, in my (biased) opinion, one of THE finest home theater speaker packages available...bar none. I've yet to come across a system that can equal it for less than double the money. Just make sure you throw some good quality big horsepower at them (AV recievers will get you started...but they don't get really happy until about the 250 w/ch amp mark).
post #243 of 35252
I am now a Klipsch owner as well now. I have been listening to speakers for my new HT for awhile now and have bought the following:

RF-62 Main (2)
RC-62 Center
RB-61 Surrounds (4)

I am doing 7.1 and my wall setup really did not work well with the RS-52, so I went with 4 RB-61s. I currently have them hooked up to my HK 635 to break them in while I finish my HT and they sound wonderful!
post #244 of 35252
new to klipsch. i live in a small town and cannot audition. i presently have paradigms, reference speakers in a 7.1 set up with two velodyne dd 18s. my paradigms are aging and need to be replaced.
i watch movies like crazy at high volume, -10 to -5. i'm looking at the klipsch line including rb81, rb51's for sides and rears( or rs52's) and the rc 64. is this a good set-up/match?
any suggestions?
post #245 of 35252
Quote:


i watch movies like crazy at high volume, -10 to -5. i'm looking at the klipsch line including rb81, rb51's for sides and rears( or rs52's) and the rc 64. is this a good set-up/match?

That depends on a number of factors such as your room size, listening area size/seats, expectations, and budget. Klipsch is a good place start for someone who likes to listen at near reference level.
post #246 of 35252
Thread Starter 
nomarian : congratulation on the purchase
post #247 of 35252
I have a pair of KSF 8.5's I bought a few years ago from what is now Tweeter. They are rated at 8 ohm, 75 watts.

I would like to build my surround sound system around these. Can I get the current model center channel SC.5 or SC-1 and surround SS.5 or SS-1 or do I have to find the older models? If I can get the newer models does it matter which one?

I will also add a KSW-12 Sub and a Denon receiver.

Any input is appreciated.
post #248 of 35252
I have an offer to buy a pair of Klipsch - Legend Series KLF-30 and the Klipsch - Synergy Series KSW-200 for about 670$(all inclusive). How are these speakers rated and is this a good price to pay. I would appreciate hearing from any one to help me decide if this is a good deal.

Thanks
post #249 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksun9 View Post

I have an offer to buy a pair of Klipsch - Legend Series KLF-30 and the Klipsch - Synergy Series KSW-200 for about 670$(all inclusive).
Thanks

I have the KLF-20's with slight but noticable cabinet damage that I wouldn't sell for $600 (maybe closer to $70--if it was an easy transaction) I would imagine 2 speakers that sounded good with no visible audio damage and slight imperfections would be a steal at that price but I would sell the sub and put that money towards a newer model (or KLF- C7 center;-).
post #250 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

I have the KLF-20's with slight but noticable cabinet damage that I wouldn't sell for $600 (maybe closer to $70--if it was an easy transaction) I would imagine 2 speakers that sounded good with no visible audio damage and slight imperfections would be a steal at that price but I would sell the sub and put that money towards a newer model (or KLF- C7 center;-).

Thanks for the reply Zen... Looks like I may bite this bullet..
post #251 of 35252
Has anyone heard the Kipsch RVX42 flat panel/onwall speakers? How do they compare to the onwall speakers from paradigm and def tech? thanks
post #252 of 35252
I'm in the market for a new 5.1 setup and after some research I've narrowed it down to this setup (not 100% decided).

All are from Klipsch grand total $1056 + tax

Fronts RF-62 $534 pair
Center RC-52 $216
Surrounds RS-42 $306 pair
Sub either SVS PB12-NSD or HSU STF-3

Will be powered by SONY STR-DA555ES 120W x 5, couple of years old.

What do you think, can I do better in this price range?

Thanks for the input.
post #253 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by five4.4 View Post

I'm in the market for a new 5.1 setup and after some research I've narrowed it down to this setup (not 100% decided).

All are from Klipsch grand total $1056 + tax

Fronts RF-62 $534 pair
Center RC-52 $216
Surrounds RS-42 $306 pair
Sub either SVS PB12-NSD or HSU STF-3

Will be powered by SONY STR-DA555ES 120W x 5, couple of years old.

What do you think, can I do better in this price range?

Thanks for the input.


Very nice system. You will like it for both for HT and music. I understand that HSU has a sale going on for their STF-3. It will compliment your RF-62 nicely.
post #254 of 35252
I just purchased the THX Ultra 2 system. However, I wasn't able to find any stands for the front channels. I'm going to use molly bolts to hang the surrounds with the key hole hooks on the back of those. However, I'd prefer to mount my front 3 channels on stands. What stands do you recommend for those? I have a limited height I can use for them due to my screen height. With the height of the 650 speakers I'm going to need something in the 12"-16" range.

Thanks!
post #255 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by five4.4 View Post

I'm in the market for a new 5.1 setup and after some research I've narrowed it down to this setup (not 100% decided).

All are from Klipsch grand total $1056 + tax

Fronts RF-62 $534 pair
Center RC-52 $216
Surrounds RS-42 $306 pair
Sub either SVS PB12-NSD or HSU STF-3

Will be powered by SONY STR-DA555ES 120W x 5, couple of years old.

What do you think, can I do better in this price range?

Thanks for the input.

SVS and HSU while impressive I think give up alot to other SQ based subs.

When I pick a sub to go with my Quartets/Academy and possibly Quartets in the rear or a set of higher end (Cornwall or Chorus) up front...I am chosing a Klipsch sub...or another known SQ based one that can be had for a song used.

My brother has a Def Tech sub something 10" or 12" and just my Quartets are more dynamic on movies and with music are equally awesome.
post #256 of 35252
I had no complaints with my Hsu STF-3 complementing the low end of La Scala's, crossed over at 80 Hz. I have since upgraded the front speakers and moved the La Scala to surround duty. I still occasionally use the sub now for stereo content, crossed over at 40 Hz, with Klipschorns. The sub still does LFE duties and well of the low end of center and surround speakers. It pulls it's own weight. It obviously can't keep up with the big horns when they are played to extremes, but I don't do that very often anyway as I want to keep my hearing!
post #257 of 35252
How's the quality of sound on the Klipsch RB-51 bookshelf speakers?

I'm considering these for front Left-Right duties in my small apartment for a home theater setup (no music).

Any advice or comments on the Klipsch RB-51?
post #258 of 35252
Was wondering if this would be a pretty good setup for a small apartment:

RSV-42 L/C/R
RS-X 4 (or 5) surrounds
Sub: TBD
post #259 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post

How's the quality of sound on the Klipsch RB-51 bookshelf speakers?

I'm considering these for front Left-Right duties in my small apartment for a home theater setup (no music).

Any advice or comments on the Klipsch RB-51?

I'm very interested in the RB-51, too. I'd like to see some user feedback on them before pulling the trigger, though.
post #260 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

I had no complaints with my Hsu STF-3 complementing the low end of La Scala's, crossed over at 80 Hz. I have since upgraded the front speakers and moved the La Scala to surround duty. I still occasionally use the sub now for stereo content, crossed over at 40 Hz, with Klipschorns. The sub still does LFE duties and well of the low end of center and surround speakers. It pulls it's own weight. It obviously can't keep up with the big horns when they are played to extremes, but I don't do that very often anyway as I want to keep my hearing!

HSU and SVS will definitely support the volume duties.

I am not slamming them, but I have two Image Dynamics ID10v3's in my car for a reason instead of those with higher SPL's.

No sub yet in my apartment...my Quartets cause enough problems. My brother is running the BP6/8's and 10" or 12" sub by Def Tech off a Denon 3802 and stuff shakes my room as I reach to turn it down then back up constantly

Can't wait until I can find a decent priced home in Palm Beach County lol.
post #261 of 35252
I am getting ready to buy a Denon 2307 and also some RB 61s, RS42s, and a RC 52. I already have a powered sub and some Boston Acoustics Dipoles which I am going to leave those for my rears. Does this sound like a good combo for a entry level HT setup?
post #262 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpoz View Post

I am getting ready to buy a Denon 2307 and also some RB 61s, RS42s, and a RC 52. I already have a powered sub and some Boston Acoustics Dipoles which I am going to leave those for my rears. Does this sound like a good combo for a entry level HT setup?

bump for last minute advice with the above post
post #263 of 35252
That would probably be a good system. If it were me I would do a comparison of the RF52 to the RB61 though. The floorstander may give you a little more on the bottom end. If you have a very capable sub it may not matter though. Just keep in mind that unless you plan on putting the RB61 in a bookshelf you will need some stands. Once you figure the stands in the final cost, the floorstanders vs. bookshelves may only be $50. Do a side by side if you can. With the RF52 , then you would have matching drivers across the front LCR.
post #264 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswriter View Post

I'm very interested in the RB-51, too. I'd like to see some user feedback on them before pulling the trigger, though.

Keep in mind these have the rear firing ports, so they really would not be able to be put in a shelf or anything like that . Consider about 6-8 inches from the back wall.
post #265 of 35252
I just joined the klipsch owners group about 3 weeks ago and i'm very happy , i bought the
rf52
rc52
bic h100 sub
and still using my polk monitor 30 for surronds
post #266 of 35252
I am having a dilema and I was looking for some advice. I am looking to get 3 pairs of RB-61's and an RC-62 center. However, the place I want to buy from only carries the RC-52, and for some reason cannot order the 62. Now I know the 52 is the matching center for the 61's, but I wanted the 62 in case I want to upgrade the fronts in a few months.

My question is how much better do you think the 62 is than the 52? I am not sure I ever actually will upgrade, but I thought it would be a good idea to hedge my bet a little. Though I guess worse comes to worse, I could always sell the 52 when the time comes.

Plus I have to factor in, I may not even be able to find the 62, as so far I haven't had much luck with the local dealers.


BTW, my room will be 24x16x8 and I have an SVS 20-39 PCi for the low end.
post #267 of 35252
Hey all, I currently have these 5 year old Klipsch's

RB-5 (8" Bookshelfs)
RC-3 (Dual 6 1/2" Center)
RS-3 (6 1/2" Surrounds)

I love 'em, but I want to get a pair of the RF-82's to replace the bookshelf speakers.

So, do I need to swap out the center for the newer RC-62 to keep proper "timbre" or sound? There's very little difference between my center and the new one, but I want the best possible sound, within reason. Is there that much sound difference in 5 years?
Also, where the heck would I attempt to sell my RB-5s and potentially my RC-3?

Thanks.
post #268 of 35252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post

Also, where the heck would I attempt to sell my RB-5s and potentially my RC-5?

ebay, audiogon. the Klipsch forums.
post #269 of 35252
Just wanted to share my joy, LOL

I picked up a new home theater setup yesterday and am enjoying it.

RB-61
RC-52
RS-42
PB12-NSD on order

Surprised to see how well the RB-61's do with music (nice tight bass)

Can't wait to get my hands on that PB12
post #270 of 35252
I am a audio noob on a budget. Help me figure out a decent choice please.

I have:
Klipsch RB-81 speakers - front
Klipsch R-5800s in-wall speakers - surround
Elemental Designs A2 300 - sub

I need a center channel. I have about $300 to spend. Need something relatively small to fit on my mantle under my TV.

Even though the RC-62 would be best with my RB-81s, would the RC-52 be ok?

Thanks for any help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread