or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 848

post #25411 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Seems you're a little obsessed and unable to let things go.
Oh no lol not at all I think it's pretty funny but thanks for asking . Actually pretty happy the way it turned out smile.gif
post #25412 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

offer up the old ones as on Fleabay someone will buy them , that's what I did they sold quick

think i will hold on to them in case i sell them (don't think i ever would:D)
post #25413 of 35398
hey me RH had an issue & it was all a misunderstanding of each other , now we are both @ let it go & it's over
. & Now back to being able to have conversations again smile.gif
I even am thinking a rubber & kevlar woof in my next sub build eek.gif
post #25414 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post

As far as the off topic stuff goes.....I don't think a few OT posts makes a thread "less" serious and less helpful and less highly regarded....heck even at work and even in college with the strictest professors things didn't stay on topic 100% of the time the entire year.....I've been in control towers for the FAA and in schools etc and even those guys smile and talk about things other than planes all day (when its safe to do so of course) and IMO their job is pretty important as they have lives in their hands........so I don't see the big deal of making this a strict thread......it isn't that serious.....IMO the problems came when folks took offense to jokes being made and others took offense to things that were said in one way but meant in another way. Sometimes we are all more sensitive than usual. Whether it's from home life or work life etc. I'm working 60 hour weeks until October so yeah I know I'm more sensitive here lately. Nonetheless even out in the real world people don't get along 100% of the time....what's important is basically acting like adults and talking it out....without downing folks and taking the high horse and acting like you're way better than everyone else......or basically trying to overrule any advice given to newbies here by other members. Yes I know some have more knowledge than others but likewise no one knows everything....especially if you haven't tested "everything" out...every model....every combination of equipment etc....if you haven't experienced something then don't overrule the advice of other people that have experienced said things....I don't understand how in a week after being pretty friendly the thread can take an extreme turn like it has.....I think that scares people off more so than the OT posts....IMO the OT posts invite people....shows we all have a lighter side and can take a joke while giving advice and tips on what has worked for us......likewise if the thread has that stuck up feel to it then folks will stay away...heck I stayed away from AVS in general for 3 years......3 years for that exact reason....seemed like everyone was a stuckup expert that wanted to explain to me why Klipsch and everything in my life sucked. We don't want this thread to take that turn because then only the hardcore folks will post IMO and the casual users and new users will stay away. I feel like things will veer off topic sometimes....heck I'm willing to bet even those highly regarded forums where the bigwigs post have threads that are not on topic 100% of the time. If all of their threads are on topic 100% of the time I would love to see what tone they have.....nonetheless that's my rant for the evening. And no this post IS NOT directed at anyone....NO ONE....just want to make that clear before I have 30 responses. I'm just speaking generally on what I've seen and what seems to tick certain people off.....Hope you all have a great night....and for those searching I hope you find what you're looking for....and any new users who are browsing....feel free to ask questions. We have a ton of members ready to help! smile.gif
Well said and well worth a front page bump : )
post #25415 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

think i will hold on to them in case i sell them (don't think i ever would:D)
PCB's in them old caps trust me get rid of them ,they will leak soon , they all have at one point
post #25416 of 35398
It takes but little effort to skip by what you don't want to read.
post #25417 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

It takes but little effort to skip by what you don't want to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

It's bad when people post what should or should not be talked about. Imo if you don't like the forum then move on. No need to rant
And talk everyone one down like they some how let them down. I'm not paid to be here so I'm going to talk about what ever I want. If its about klipsch, tvs ,movies subs whatever. Last thing anyone wants to see is people always bitching and complaining.
AGREE! At the end of the day, we all here to learn from each other and have fun.
post #25418 of 35398
Since everyone is back on topic, lol. If I have a choice between the sw-110 and the sw-450, which should I get? Concrete floors in a garage, music only, paired with either rb61's or deflech studio 350's?

Sw-112 is my first choice but it depends on the price I get.
post #25419 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

hey me RH had an issue & it was all a misunderstanding of each other , now we are both @ let it go & it's over
. & Now back to being able to have conversations again smile.gif
I even am thinking a rubber & kevlar woof in my next sub build eek.gif

Yes move on smile.gif and at the end of the day it is after all only home audio biggrin.gif. We are all so lucky to be sitting in are nice homes chatting on a forum having a good time. biggrin.gif
post #25420 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

Since everyone is back on topic, lol. If I have a choice between the sw-110 and the sw-450, which should I get? Concrete floors in a garage, music only, paired with either rb61's or deflech studio 350's?

Sw-112 is my first choice but it depends on the price I get.

Whats your budget?
post #25421 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

PCB's in them old caps trust me get rid of them ,they will leak soon , they all have at one point

What is pcb?
post #25422 of 35398
Well that's tough to answer, I have a family member whom can get me low price because he works for voxx, just not sure yet how much each is, the rb's were like 70% off retail.
post #25423 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

What is pcb?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl

Google is my friend, you need a friend? biggrin.gif
post #25424 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl

Google is my friend, you need a friend? biggrin.gif

Are you camped outside waiting for ups? (to bring your cables) eek.gif
post #25425 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

Are you camped outside waiting for ups? (to bring your cables) eek.gif

Arrived, scheduled delivery tomorrow. Scheduled install Saturday cool.gif

they'll be here before your crossovers get there
post #25426 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

Well that's tough to answer, I have a family member whom can get me low price because he works for voxx, just not sure yet how much each is, the rb's were like 70% off retail.
wow! That's a great discount
post #25427 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

Arrived, scheduled delivery tomorrow. Scheduled install Saturday cool.gif

they'll be here before your crossovers get there

Very funny mad.gif. lol. The eq i ordered should be here tomorrow at least biggrin.gif
post #25428 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

Well that's tough to answer, I have a family member whom can get me low price because he works for voxx, just not sure yet how much each is, the rb's were like 70% off retail.


Thats a great deal. I wonder if the sw-115 would be better then
Edited by Reference_head - 8/21/13 at 9:59pm
post #25429 of 35398
Retail is 800 i think so it would be 240 if you got 70% off. That would be an amazing $240 sub
post #25430 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

What is pcb?
highly toxic stuff , cause cancer & birth defects .
Dioxin really one of the worst substances that man made , readily absorbed thru the skin , no antidote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychlorinated_biphenyl
Tas beat me to it , I was watching "The Bridge " on FX
Edited by Fastslappy - 8/21/13 at 10:38pm
post #25431 of 35398
I have an issue with the original RF-62s that are about 4 years old. Recently, I noticed the left speaker emits distortion from the tweeter for certain frequencies. This often occurs during dialog in TVs or movies (speaking voices). I haven't heard the distortion much in music except for trumpets and some women singing. I switched the left speaker with the right speaker and the same speaker still has distortion. I have the speakers connected to a Pioneer sc-07 bi-amped.

Any ideas what's wrong and what repair options exist? The distortion is extremely distracting.

Thanks for the help!
Edited by TalkingOctopus - 8/22/13 at 2:27am
post #25432 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

You have to pick up Olympus has fallen IMO that has one of best all around audio tracks and special effects . I enjoyed it on blu never saw it at the the movies . World War z I saw at the movies and looking froward to picking it up on blu . Master and commander has some killer LFE . That ones in my impress my guest section biggrin.gif TDKR is another one of my favorites ! I might pick up or rent Life of Pi this weekend .

I have Master & Commander on DVD and the DD 5.1 was SOO good I am looking for a used Bluray. When the cannon ball goes thru the Captains cabin and bathroom was great, you heard the cannon ball coming at you and then behind you to the rears.
post #25433 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

Thats a great deal. I wonder if the sw-115 would be better then

I have no idea what I'll get charged this time so that's why I was trying to figure out the difference between the other two because they are significantly less.
post #25434 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingOctopus View Post

I have an issue with the original RF-62s that are about 4 years old. Recently, I noticed the left speaker emits distortion from the tweeter for certain frequencies. This often occurs during dialog in TVs or movies (speaking voices). I haven't heard the distortion much in music except for trumpets and some women singing. I switched the left speaker with the right speaker and the same speaker still has distortion. I have the speakers connected to a Pioneer sc-07 bi-amped.

Any ideas what's wrong and what repair options exist? The distortion is extremely distracting.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the Klipsch Thread!

Sounds to me like a blown crossover.

Maybe someone else will chime in with more advice. But, this happened to me.
post #25435 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingOctopus View Post

I have an issue with the original RF-62s that are about 4 years old. Recently, I noticed the left speaker emits distortion from the tweeter for certain frequencies. This often occurs during dialog in TVs or movies (speaking voices). I haven't heard the distortion much in music except for trumpets and some women singing. I switched the left speaker with the right speaker and the same speaker still has distortion. I have the speakers connected to a Pioneer sc-07 bi-amped.

Any ideas what's wrong and what repair options exist? The distortion is extremely distracting.

Thanks for the help!

Remove the mid horn and use a ohm meter on it and write down the value. Now do the same on the good speaker. Call Bob Crites and tell what you have written down and what the bad RF-62 is doing.

He will tell you what to check on the cross over to see if it is bad or you just fried a diaphragm in the horns driver. Have a party and turn them up TOO loud for too long??? If you are "LUCKY"

you just have a loose speaker wire connection. I bet it's either the cross over is going bad and or the bad cross over has hurt the diaphragm in the horn. What amp or AVR do you use on them?
post #25436 of 35398
Looks like he may still be under Warranty.

Shouldn't he call Klipsch?
post #25437 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Looks like he may still be under Warranty.

Shouldn't he call Klipsch?

Duh .............. Yes..................most Klipsch have 5 year warranty.......... never had to use it. All my Klipsch are over 5 years old now.
post #25438 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

Duh .............. Yes..................most Klipsch have 5 year warranty.......... never had to use it. All my Klipsch are over 5 years old now.

When I blew the crossover in my Chorus II, it was still under warranty. I was under-powering them. Sent it in to Klipsch and they repaired it.
post #25439 of 35398
I know it happens but, I can't fathom blowing a driver. I've had mine since 1979 and they've lived through college, parties, dances and weddings. I have the same parts in them today as the day I received them other than ALK ES crossovers.
post #25440 of 35398
Hey guys, any thoughts appreciated. I am looking to get a the thx2 ultra system for my home ht, but i want to swap out the subs for 2 submersive hps. Whole thing driven by denon avx4000. Does that sound ok? Room is 16x16
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread