or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 901

post #27001 of 35398
I've never been in the same room as a Palladium, never mind mixing them! frown.gif
post #27002 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

fwiw there's a guy on the Klipsch Forum selling some RS-42II's and RS-62II's for a good price. I believe he got them new/open box from a dealer that was getting out of Klipsch. The forum is down right now for an update but may be worth the wait to contact him. He's open to reasonable offers and will ship as well.
http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/176995.aspx

edit: here's his CL ad with contact info
http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4096056912.html

Want. Too broke.
post #27003 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

I've never been in the same room as a Palladium, never mind mixing them! frown.gif

Same here, only looked at pictures and I like the looks, not sure there is a Klipsch dealer with them in stock where I live......Matters not..... No way I can afford making payments on the total cost for those in a HT system with amps etc.....

I am starting to REALLY like my small den now.... Happy with Corns 6.5' apart and me same back. A bigger horn/speaker is really not needed in this room.
post #27004 of 35398
palladium line IMO over priced , yes they are Very Beautiful
I guess beauty / costs VS DIY SQ I lean bang 4 buck

If cash wasn't an issue Yeah Maybe , but then I look at those really highend drivers & custom cabs I seen some build rolleyes.gif
I guess after building a successful speaker DIY , it's hard to look at any high priced factory made stuff without thinking on how to do it better myself tongue.gif
post #27005 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

palladium line IMO over priced , yes they are Very Beautiful
I guess beauty / costs VS DIY SQ I lean bang 4 buck

If cash wasn't an issue Yeah Maybe , but then I look at those really highend drivers & custom cabs I seen some build rolleyes.gif
I guess after building a successful speaker DIY , it's hard to look at any high priced factory made stuff without thinking on how to do it better myself tongue.gif

No idea if they are over priced or not but i agree your paying a huge chunk for looks and build time. Hard to know how much but I'm sure its pricey. I would guess Khorns and LS are probably up there too for cost to build (between labor time and materials used to build).
post #27006 of 35398
Even though the Palladium speakers are out of my price range I would like to hear them sometime.
As far as being worth it or not...well that's an individual's decision to make.
post #27007 of 35398
over priced is ONLY a matter of perspective...
post #27008 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint View Post

Even though the Palladium speakers are out of my price range I would like to hear them sometime.
As far as being worth it or not...well that's an individual's decision to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post

over priced is ONLY a matter of perspective...
Yeah ,
I fully agree with you guys , it's personal & perspective that's what makes everyone's opinions valid
(unless your off the into the far Netherlands L O L )
I've heard them & yeah they are good BUT SQ % wise to me priced too high for my blood ,
I'd rather the 402 horns & a great bass bin for that $$$
they are VERY Pretty speakers
post #27009 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkee View Post

Anyone ever mix the palladium line with the reference line?
slinky the noesis 228 ou mentioned from JTR would beat any in terms of reference volumes and smoothness. Except the palladiums. I've never heard them but I know in terms of volume and headroom the JTR would still beat the palladiums as the JTR have more output than the khorns from Klipsch. And the new JTR are incredibly smooth at reference or above (can be dangerous)
post #27010 of 35398
Sorry slink didn't read all the way down and see you mention below reference. I'd still go with the JTR since that would be a matching front soundstage. If you go palladium get the matching center. If you get the RB-81 I would get the matching center for that as well.
post #27011 of 35398
I have heard the Palladiums many times because i have a buddy that owns some. He has the big Palladium towers, (I think they are the P-37's?), setup with an RC-64ii center. The big Palladium towers are definitely a large step up from the RF-7ii's but they just don't sound all that good for the price, especially for music.

You could build a trio of Seos Fusion-15 Sentinel's for under $1,400 bucks, and in my opinion would be a better, or comparable speaker for theater than the Palladiums. To me, the Palladium'a just sound kind of lifeless, with very little mid-bass or mid-range presence.
post #27012 of 35398
Hmm since they have a dedicated midrange driver I would think your buddy has some setup issues. But who knows.
post #27013 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

I have heard the Palladiums many times because i have a buddy that owns some. He has the big Palladium towers, (I think they are the P-37's?), setup with an RC-64ii center. The big Palladium towers are definitely a large step up from the RF-7ii's but they just don't sound all that good for the price, especially for music.

You could build a trio of Seos Fusion-15 Sentinel's for under $1,400 bucks, and in my opinion would be a better, or comparable speaker for theater than the Palladiums. To me, the Palladium'a just sound kind of lifeless, with very little mid-bass or mid-range presence.

Sounds like your buddy's room could need some sound treatment? Very possible that the palladiums could sound much better in a more optimal room. Just pointing out a possibility.
post #27014 of 35398
Thanks for the opinions and feedback.
post #27015 of 35398
Sadly, I don't believe the jtr228ht can be made to work with my center channel requirements. 8.5" of height just can't be done with those drivers.
post #27016 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

I have heard the Palladiums many times because i have a buddy that owns some. He has the big Palladium towers, (I think they are the P-37's?), setup with an RC-64ii center. The big Palladium towers are definitely a large step up from the RF-7ii's but they just don't sound all that good for the price, especially for music.

You could build a trio of Seos Fusion-15 Sentinel's for under $1,400 bucks, and in my opinion would be a better, or comparable speaker for theater than the Palladiums. To me, the Palladium'a just sound kind of lifeless, with very little mid-bass or mid-range presence.
Just stop... it's getting deep in here and I don't have my boots on.
post #27017 of 35398
rare vertical Cornwall single would make a nice center
local pickup only

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151134478719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661
he's lowered the price a lot on this re-listing
post #27018 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

rare vertical Cornwall single would make a nice center
local pickup only

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151134478719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661
he's lowered the price a lot on this re-listing

Did you notice Cornwall II on the back sticker?? I wonder what that one is? I thought the Cornwall II series(horizontal horns) started in the late 1980's like my Heresy II. ummmm
It's just been to many years now, I don't remember all the codes and years now. mad.gif

EDIT I looked up the serial # 1F018 C-WO-15

F= 1968 C= Cornwall WO= Walnut Oiled more research needed for the Cornwall II ...my guess a Vertical in 1968 was II series.
Edited by Louis Bartay - 10/8/13 at 2:54pm
post #27019 of 35398
Think you are right, I've seen that Cornwall II on other verticals.
post #27020 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post


slinky the noesis 228 ou mentioned from JTR would beat any in terms of reference volumes and smoothness. Except the palladiums. I've never heard them but I know in terms of volume and headroom the JTR would still beat the palladiums as the JTR have more output than the khorns from Klipsch. And the new JTR are incredibly smooth at reference or above (can be dangerous)

 

 

Remember that "if it moves, it distorts"  (this would go for the Palladium as well)

 

I don't know that the JTR would or would not have more output than a Khorn.  I do know that if it was even near, I'd not want to be in the same room while it was doing so!!!

 

If however, it was capable of doing that it would probably be doing so with loads more distortion than the Khorn since the Khorn is horn loaded.

 

What I've found is having highly capable speakers mated with highly capable amps means the system can be in "2nd gear" (with 2-3 more to go with regard to volume) and it's already at a loud (but not LOUD) level.  Consequently, it has tons more headroom sitting there if called upon and everything is playing within its range so there is essentially no strain in the sound.

 

Disclaimer:  I've heard the Palladium P39, Khorn, others but, never a Reference that I'm aware of.

post #27021 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

Did you notice Cornwall II on the back sticker?? I wonder what that one is? I thought the Cornwall II series(horizontal horns) started in the late 1980's like my Heresy II. ummmm
It's just been to many years now, I don't remember all the codes and years now. mad.gif

EDIT I looked up the serial # 1F018 C-WO-15

F= 1968 C= Cornwall WO= Walnut Oiled more research needed for the Cornwall II ...my guess a Vertical in 1968 was II series.
I think Klipsch played very loose with that Cornwall II name over the years smile.gif
could be that was how a vertical was called then a " II "
My '73 & '74 were just "Cornwall" on that same of type label

but those are 68 style crossovers & that is the old cast mid horn & the square woofer magnets , so the parts ARE of that 68 era
If I hadn't built a center already , I would offer the guy $200 for the thing , then flip the parts & make it a 2 way with a Eliptrac & Crites woofer to match my other 4 CornScala as that guy lives just a few miles from me
post #27022 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by coytee View Post


Remember that "if it moves, it distorts"  (this would go for the Palladium as well)

I don't know that the JTR would or would not have more output than a Khorn.  I do know that if it was even near, I'd not want to be in the same room while it was doing so!!!

If however, it was capable of doing that it would probably be doing so with loads more distortion than the Khorn since the Khorn is horn loaded.

What I've found is having highly capable speakers mated with highly capable amps means the system can be in "2nd gear" (with 2-3 more to go with regard to volume) and it's already at a loud (but not LOUD) level.  Consequently, it has tons more headroom sitting there if called upon and everything is playing within its range so there is essentially no strain in the sound.

Disclaimer:  I've heard the Palladium P39, Khorn, others but, never a Reference that I'm aware of.
according to the specs on JTR they have more output. And I believe JTR specs much more than Klipsch since Klipsch seems to rate their sensitivity much higher than they actually are. And while never have heard a khorn I have heard the noesis 212 on a 800 watt mono block at +18 db over reference and it had (to my ears) zero distortion. It was the loudest thing I have ever heard. And my previous job was launching F-18's off if aircraft carriers from a whopping 15 feet from the engines at full afterburner.
post #27023 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post

afterburner.

Full augmenter. ... seriously. wink.gif
post #27024 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post

according to the specs on JTR they have more output. And I believe JTR specs much more than Klipsch since Klipsch seems to rate their sensitivity much higher than they actually are. And while never have heard a khorn I have heard the noesis 212 on a 800 watt mono block at +18 db over reference and it had (to my ears) zero distortion. It was the loudest thing I have ever heard. And my previous job was launching F-18's off if aircraft carriers from a whopping 15 feet from the engines at full afterburner.
I don't think that the fully horn-loaded Klipsch have over-rated sensitivity, although they are most likely 1/8-space ratings (can't measure KHorn without a corner).

The Noesis 212 may go louder, but you don't need to in an HT room. The Jubilee is rated louder than the JTR, if that's what you really need.
post #27025 of 35398
Khorn specs out @ 105
JTR 212 specs out @ 101

so where is it that a K-horn is not as loud ??
post #27026 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post

according to the specs on JTR they have more output. And I believe JTR specs much more than Klipsch since Klipsch seems to rate their sensitivity much higher than they actually are. And while never have heard a khorn I have heard the noesis 212 on a 800 watt mono block at +18 db over reference and it had (to my ears) zero distortion. It was the loudest thing I have ever heard. And my previous job was launching F-18's off if aircraft carriers from a whopping 15 feet from the engines at full afterburner.
Cool story but let's get real, those jets put out over 150 dB's and the JTR is nowhere close lol, as for a JTR vs a Khorn, it doesn't matter, they can both crank it way louder than you can handle for any period of time.
post #27027 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydue View Post

according to the specs on JTR they have more output. And I believe JTR specs much more than Klipsch since Klipsch seems to rate their sensitivity much higher than they actually are. And while never have heard a khorn I have heard the noesis 212 on a 800 watt mono block at +18 db over reference and it had (to my ears) zero distortion. It was the loudest thing I have ever heard. And my previous job was launching F-18's off if aircraft carriers from a whopping 15 feet from the engines at full afterburner.

Khorn is not your average Klipsch. smile.gif
Reply
Reply
post #27028 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Khorn specs out @ 105
JTR 212 specs out @ 101

so where is it that a K-horn is not as loud ??
He means overall maximum output. The KHorn is spec'ed at 100W (400W peak) and the JTR at 2000W (4000W peak). I'd rather not rewire my house and keep my Khorns. wink.gif
post #27029 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

He means overall maximum output. The KHorn is spec'ed at 100W (400W peak) and the JTR at 2000W (4000W peak). I'd rather not rewire my house and keep my Khorns. wink.gif
THE only reason the Klipsch is rated lower in "peak wattage" is that it's " Folded Horn " can blast out way more Db on Way less watts That's what folded bass horns do & they do it with way less distortion as well .
The more wattage a bass bin needs then the higher the distortion is .
has anyone heard of THD , direct radiator bass bin's have the highest levels of it .
that is why a horn bass bin sounds soo clean & why a K-horn is so good .
post #27030 of 35398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post

Cool story but let's get real, those jets put out over 150 dB's and the JTR is nowhere close lol, as for a JTR vs a Khorn, it doesn't matter, they can both crank it way louder than you can handle for any period of time.
hey vital have you ever launched an f-18 from that distance? Cause I have. Have you ever say in a full JTR 5.1 setup consisting of all noesis powered by 800 watt mono blocks? Cause I have. And I'm telling you that sitting ten feet from those speakers at that volume with dual S2's 10db hot with my wars plugged that every movie we demoed was louder than when I say next to a jet 100 times a day for 7 years straight. But yeah your right it was entirely too loud. Jeff the owner of JTR only wanted to show us that hai speakers basically have no limits in a home setting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread