or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 979

post #29341 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u View Post

RW-12D Port noise? Hello all, I have had this RW-12D for about 4 months and love it but the port noise is really starting to bug. I think I have it set up pretty good but on some scenes the port noise is very irritating. Has anyone been able to eliminate this? I am actually considering getting a different sub just because of this. Would elevating it help? Maybe getting one of those subwoofer foam mats I see everyone putting their subs on?
The subdude mat won't help that anyways.
post #29342 of 35283
Just had a chance to play the beginning of Pacific Rim, this is a standard dvd not blu-ray and I already hear the difference. Can't wait to play with it a little more later. Thanks for the advise
post #29343 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

80% movies. I would look at two of these in that room for the budget you have.


http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/cylinder/pc12-nsd#.UrbWffRDt8E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

I would say get a front firing sub if you have a concrete floor. Down firing subs dont do as well on concrete from what I've read. I would get 2 PB12 NSD's for your size room. You should be more than happy with the end result unless your a real basshead! biggrin.gif


Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Sounds like with SVS's excellent customer service, and free return shipping, that might be my best bet. The cube form factor works better for my setup than the cylinders also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Run it in punch mode rather than depth. It cut my port noise all together

Interesting, I'll have to try this. Thanks!
post #29344 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u View Post

RW-12D Port noise? Hello all, I have had this RW-12D for about 4 months and love it but the port noise is really starting to bug. I think I have it set up pretty good but on some scenes the port noise is very irritating. Has anyone been able to eliminate this? I am actually considering getting a different sub just because of this. Would elevating it help? Maybe getting one of those subwoofer foam mats I see everyone putting their subs on?

I had the same issues with mine when i had a pair. Tried everything but it was there on the real low parts. Something you have to live with unless you want to turn them way down.
post #29345 of 35283
Port chuffing is caused by too much air trying to go through the port.

Isn't that the Klipsch sub that has the loose port under the logo?
post #29346 of 35283
^^^ Some are loose, "a failing common to that model."
post #29347 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Port chuffing is caused by too much air trying to go through the port.

Isn't that the Klipsch sub that has the loose port under the logo?
Yea alot of them sold by Newegg had loose ports fortunately mine was fine. I initially set mine up in Depth mode which digs deeper. After experiencing alot of port chuffing during some heavy bass scenes I started doing some research and found that Punch mode was the way to go to rid chuffing. I then set it to Punch mode and I got rid of it completely. It really was a decent sub for the money. I think I paid 279.99 for it and thought about getting another and run duals but instead went the SVS route. I couldn't be happier biggrin.gif
post #29348 of 35283
A lil birdy told me that Klipsch is going to come out with some real subs next year. Then, I'll be stuck between getting another SVS or trying the Klipsch offerings for duals.
post #29349 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

A lil birdy told me that Klipsch is going to come out with some real subs next year. Then, I'll be stuck between getting another SVS or trying the Klipsch offerings for duals.
They better be REAL because they have a hell of alot of competition to match up against.
post #29350 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
nooooooooo ! biggrin.gif  
where most subs move air this one moves building lol       
yammie :
have to agree with you, mine did just that for the year plus 1 day it worked; mine has been broken for 10 years plus...

why not get it fixed ?

post #29351 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

nooooooooo ! biggrin.gif  

where most subs move air this one moves building lol       

yammie :
have to agree with you, mine did just that for the year plus 1 day it worked; mine has been broken for 10 years plus...
why not get it fixed ?

Perhaps I will one day; shipping would make this too expensive.
post #29352 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Perhaps I will one day; shipping would make this too expensive.

i did my sub upgrade at the nearest yamaha service center about 35km from my place. isn't there any nearby service-center you could drive em to ?

post #29353 of 35283
Not unless you like 8 hour drives, one-way.
post #29354 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Not unless you like 8 hour drives, one-way.

holy cow.. thats a long way.. might as well get urselfs a plane then :rolleyes: 

the car-juice will set u back even more then sending it i guess.

post #29355 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

A lil birdy told me that Klipsch is going to come out with some real subs next year. Then, I'll be stuck between getting another SVS or trying the Klipsch offerings for duals.
They better be REAL because they have a hell of alot of competition to match up against.

Maybe I can get some sale prices on their non real ones, like the SW-115!
post #29356 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post
Maybe I can get some sale prices on their non real ones, like the SW-115!

yeah , get like 8 pieces for a good deal. for every speaker one o these, that'll work lol

post #29357 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Not unless you like 8 hour drives, one-way.

If it's just a amp or power supply issue you might remove the amp and ship it to a Yamaha repair center, not so expensive that way. Have it fixed and sell it if it is cost effective. . I found a member on Audio Karma forum that is good with Yamaha equipment repair. A lot of members in the yamaha section over there use him...... jus sayin. I have no experience with this model yammie sub....
post #29358 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post
If it's just a amp or power supply issue you might remove the amp and ship it to a Yamaha repair center, not so expensive that way. Have it fixed and sell it if it is cost effective. . I found a member on Audio Karma forum that is good with Yamaha equipment repair. A lot of members in the yamaha section over there use him...... jus sayin. I have no experience with this model yammie sub....

which one is it ? with the sw800 & sw1500 it's like this:  you hear it click the 2nd relais and it goes off within few seconds .. it's the driver.. if you don't hear the second click it's the amp. you can order a complete amp set from yamaha service center.

post #29359 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

Maybe I can get some sale prices on their non real ones, like the SW-115!

I am soo lucky having small rooms,carpet and low ceilings as I have 3 of those not real older Klipsch Synergy Sub 12" "one hit wonders" subs that 2 of them have blended in nicely with my Cornwalls and one for the Heresy II in the bedroom.
Old BASH 300/650 Watt amp 12" down firing, ported. I know that are entry level models but with the gain set low they have just enough extra bass I am happy...........would I like a SVS etc. or Danley DTS 10 folded horn bass bin......you bet. Wish Santa would leave a nicer one at the door in a few days LOL. Small room and 2 15" fronts help the cause a bit. smile.gif HT sound great.....not Awesome like some I have listened too. It never ends on upgraditis LOL .
post #29360 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Port chuffing is caused by too much air trying to go through the port.

Isn't that the Klipsch sub that has the loose port under the logo?
Yes one of my ports broke loose and I sent it in to get fixed. When it came back it was still loose and they dented the cone. At the time they were discontinued so they gave me my money back and I bought a svs sub.

So in a way the port breaking was a good thing smile.gif
post #29361 of 35283
^^Lmao^^
post #29362 of 35283



They have arrived!! Am currently re-arranging everything. This may take some time. I think I have overdone it?? Lol.
post #29363 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post

They have arrived!! Am currently re-arranging everything. This may take some time. I think I have overdone it?? Lol.


What are they? DIY subs? And is that a bed??? You've got nicer gear in your bedroom than I do in my home theater, LOL.
post #29364 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post




They have arrived!! Am currently re-arranging everything. This may take some time. I think I have overdone it?? Lol.
dude congrads looks amazing i can't wait for the review when you set it up Robbiey:)
post #29365 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/336707/width/350/height They have arrived!! Am currently re-arranging everything. This may take some time. I think I have overdone it?? Lol.


What is this "overdone it" term you use so loosely?biggrin.gif

post #29366 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

What is this "overdone it" term you use so loosely?biggrin.gif

roflmao:D
post #29367 of 35283
Diy,(not by me)Exodus audio tempest-x 15"drivers in custom built 200 litre enclosures. Behringer 2x1200w@4ohms ep4000 pro amp to drive them. Due to some unforseen circumstances yes my entire setup is temporarily in my bedroom!! The missus has not seen this yet,im sure she will be fine haha. Have managed to shoehorn all the speakers except the rear center in! I still have to wire everything up hopefully before she arrives...will probably run off just receiver and maybe big NAD amp for the subs......
post #29368 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post

What is this "overdone it" term you use so loosely?biggrin.gif

I am glad you guys dont think im a complete lunatic. None of my mates understand 😯
post #29369 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

If it's just a amp or power supply issue you might remove the amp and ship it to a Yamaha repair center, not so expensive that way. Have it fixed and sell it if it is cost effective. . I found a member on Audio Karma forum that is good with Yamaha equipment repair. A lot of members in the yamaha section over there use him...... jus sayin. I have no experience with this model yammie sub....
which one is it ? with the sw800 & sw1500 it's like this:  you hear it click the 2nd relais and it goes off within few seconds .. it's the driver.. if you don't hear the second click it's the amp. you can order a complete amp set from yamaha service center.

It's the 800 & it's dead; so nothing to hear; think I know enough to check the fuse, will try again to check the fuse.
post #29370 of 35283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Yea alot of them sold by Newegg had loose ports fortunately mine was fine. I initially set mine up in Depth mode which digs deeper. After experiencing alot of port chuffing during some heavy bass scenes I started doing some research and found that Punch mode was the way to go to rid chuffing. I then set it to Punch mode and I got rid of it completely. It really was a decent sub for the money. I think I paid 279.99 for it and thought about getting another and run duals but instead went the SVS route. I couldn't be happier biggrin.gif

Yes this was one of those with a loose port. Actually the entire port was just sitting inside the box. Luckily I didn't get one with a broken grill or legs. I kept it and repaired it. I took it completely apart and re-glued the port as well as adding braces for both the box and where the port tube meets the back of the box. I then added about 1lb of polyfill. It sounds amazing but does have the port noise. I changed the setting on the EQ and it does seem to make a difference. Now I can't wait to get another.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread