or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch owner thread - Page 1001

post #30001 of 35250
what do you guys think RB-51s or RB-61s for my surrounds to go with my 62s? I think even the 51s would really open up the sound compared to my Polk t15s, don't you?
post #30002 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

what do you guys think RB-51s or RB-61s for my surrounds to go with my 62s? I think even the 51s would really open up the sound compared to my Polk t15s, don't you?
I had the RB51II's before going to the 62's. Their ok I guess. I think the RB61II's would be much better though. You can get them for 399.99 pair.
post #30003 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

I had the RB51II's before going to the 62's. Their ok I guess. I think the RB61II's would be much better though. You can get them for 399.99 pair.

I'm just looking to "open up my soundstage" much like the front, and I think the horn tweeter will make all the difference in the world. Especially with it being the same brand/type of speaker as the fronts, don't you think?
Edited by Teremei - 1/3/14 at 1:19pm
post #30004 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post

Can anyone help me setup the Klipsch RF-7iis?

  1. I'm curious how far apart to set them, and the ratio of this distance to how far away I should sit? (i.e. , 7 feet apart, sit10 feet back, or what?)
  2. How close should they be to the rear wall?
  3. How much should they be toed in, if any?



There's so much to learn about placement and calibration!

Here you go......personally I like my fronts a little wider than is shown here. But for basic set up, set your fronts apart the same distance you sit from the TV. So if you sit 10' from the TV/center channel, set your fronts 10' apart.

post #30005 of 35250
Any second now zen will post that he doesn't want to argue about this and this is his last post on this matter.
Then he will be gone for two weeks and then comeback and talk about it some more. Very funny stuff wink.gif
post #30006 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post

Can anyone help me setup the Klipsch RF-7iis?

  1. I'm curious how far apart to set them, and the ratio of this distance to how far away I should sit? (i.e. , 7 feet apart, sit10 feet back, or what?)
  2. How close should they be to the rear wall?
  3. How much should they be toed in, if any?




There's so much to learn about placement and calibration!

Think equilateral triangle when initially placing the speakers.
post #30007 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

I have no doubt your Home Theater sounds GREAT! My point about your Yamaha RXV-1900 not being rated to drive 4 Ohms speakers IS about that first watt and the quality of power afterward.

My only comment about how many WPC the Heritage speakers need is if they are indeed 8 Ohms and a sensitivity over 100 dBs (which I believe) purchasing an external amp over a better quality AVR is definitely debatable...The best argument I've seen for external amps is that you could always upgrade the processor to better quality (and the amps will last a lifetime) but truthfully what you can find on an upper end AVR is closer than it was 10 years ago and at a better price point..

I have two complete different systems hooked up to my Cornwalls. . Zen you are not posting anything I don't already know Bro. smile.gif AVR's with Class D amps. TOTL AVR are Much better in design and parts etc OR go separates as amps do tend to have a longer "user life" vs pre/pro that always change in/out ports or now 3D etc

I miss the tones of Dad's Klipschorns and Fisher tube set up he had when I was kid in the early 60's and on. But.. I don't miss all the tube failures etc They(Khorns and tube amp) are not practical in my small room and with sooo many Grand Kids, that would play "Rocket Man" with glowing tube in hand eek.gif no place to hide a another amp. Son In Law is going to custom make a cabinet to set my 55" on and extra room for more then average storage of components. Work in progress now that I moved into this room. My "Bucket List" at 63 is remodel my attached two car garage into a HT/Stereo room for me. Locks on doors. biggrin.gif
post #30008 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Bartay View Post

Zen you are not posting anything I don't already know Bro. smile.gif

That's cool. I try to explain points in detail so others can understand. There are interesting conversations in the Audio Theory Forum in regard to the advantages and disadvantages to different amp technologies for those interested.
post #30009 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

I'm just looking to "open up my soundstage" much like the front, and I think the horn tweeter will make all the difference in the world. Especially with it being the same brand/type of speaker as the fronts, don't you think?
yes I agree. Same drivers and same size horns is good.
post #30010 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post

yes somewhat. i never listened to f30's but the 82II punch hard and come alive at loud levels. not advisable to listen on that level for a long time biggrin.gif
Yes the 82s sure wake up anything over -15. Up to 0 I listen to in the room. Anything above is if I am outside😊
post #30011 of 35250
Well guys my RF-62s came in.



I decided on the RB-51s so my setup will be. .

RF-62s
RC-62
RB-51s
SVS PC12-NSD

The NSD was not supposed to ship til Tuesday but I got notice it shipped today and I ordered my 51s today too so they should both come in around the same time early next week and my setup will be complete!
post #30012 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

That's cool. I try to explain points in detail so others can understand. There are interesting conversations in the Audio Theory Forum in regard to the advantages and disadvantages to different amp technologies for those interested.

Some interesting reading. I wonder if PWK looked at these designs for a folded bass bin???

Hoffman's Iron Law (Hoffman from KLH speakers). http://sites.psu.edu/speakerdesign/2013/01/24/hoffmans-iron-laws-of-speaker-building/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_transmission_line
post #30013 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

Well guys my RF-62s came in.



I decided on the RB-51s so my setup will be. .

RF-62s
RC-62
RB-51s
SVS PC12-NSD

The NSD was not supposed to ship til Tuesday but I got notice it shipped today and I ordered my 51s today too so they should both come in around the same time early next week and my setup will be complete!
Thought you wanted RB61II's so you had all identical horns and drivers.
post #30014 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

Well guys my RF-62s came in.



I decided on the RB-51s so my setup will be. .

RF-62s
RC-62
RB-51s
SVS PC12-NSD

The NSD was not supposed to ship til Tuesday but I got notice it shipped today and I ordered my 51s today too so they should both come in around the same time early next week and my setup will be complete!

NICE..... Congrats ............. I bet they will make watching a Bluray awesome.
post #30015 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

Well guys my RF-62s came in.



I decided on the RB-51s so my setup will be. .

RF-62s
RC-62
RB-51s
SVS PC12-NSD

The NSD was not supposed to ship til Tuesday but I got notice it shipped today and I ordered my 51s today too so they should both come in around the same time early next week and my setup will be complete!
Where are you putting the surrounds? On a stand or on the wall? If its a wall just remember the ports on the 51's are on the back of speaker and thence would be blocked. The ports on the 61's are on the front so wall mounting would be good. Thought you were gonna wait on the surrounds? If possible and I know you've been told this but I really think you would like the RS series better and waiting might be worth it till funds are in order.
post #30016 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchunter View Post

Where are you putting the surrounds? On a stand or on the wall? If its a wall just remember the ports on the 51's are on the back of speaker and thence would be blocked. The ports on the 61's are on the front so wall mounting would be good. Thought you were gonna wait on the surrounds? If possible and I know you've been told this but I really think you would like the RS series better and waiting might be worth it till funds are in order.

One on a stand one on an end table. Room in back. I did some reading and I don't think I would like the RS. From what I gather studios mix surround based on monopole speakers and I would rather have the directional punch so I can really hear it loud and clear coming from the back over a diffused sound. The RS52s have the same size horn and woofer as the RB just that there are 2 of them. I feel that is overkill. IE: the surround mix is not going to use the full capabilities of the RS and I am on a budget.

I said I want to match the Klipsch not same size woofers. Right now I'm on polk T15s which have domes and I feel the woofers of the RB51s are better too. So it's a better match to my system (not a perfect horn/woofer match). The horn is the same size which is more important. I have always believed the surrounds do not have to match the power and output of the fronts. I do feel that having some decent sized klipsch bookshelfs with the horn tweeeter would be a big upgrade over my current polk bookshelfs. Which is why I ordered them. The polks already give me pretty good volume, now all I want is just a bit more "clarity".
post #30017 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

Well guys my RF-62s came in.



I decided on the RB-51s so my setup will be. .

RF-62s
RC-62
RB-51s
SVS PC12-NSD

The NSD was not supposed to ship til Tuesday but I got notice it shipped today and I ordered my 51s today too so they should both come in around the same time early next week and my setup will be complete!

Congrats dude biggrin.gif. I hope they they are everything you were after. Should be a great system
post #30018 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

One on a stand one on an end table. Room in back. I did some reading and I don't think I would like the RS. From what I gather studios mix surround based on monopole speakers and I would rather have the directional punch so I can really hear it loud and clear coming from the back over a diffused sound. The RS52s have the same size horn and woofer as the RB just that there are 2 of them. I feel that is overkill. IE: the surround mix is not going to use the full capabilities of the RS and I am on a budget.

I said I want to match the Klipsch not same size woofers. Right now I'm on polk T15s which have domes and I feel the woofers of the RB51s are better too. So it's a better match to my system (not a perfect horn/woofer match). The horn is the same size which is more important. I have always believed the surrounds do not have to match the power and output of the fronts. I do feel that having some decent sized klipsch bookshelfs with the horn tweeeter would be a big upgrade over my current polk bookshelfs. Which is why I ordered them. The polks already give me pretty good volume, now all I want is just a bit more "clarity".
Very nice mate. Pics please once set up. Are the horns the same size in rb61 and rb51? Im not sure.. I would have gone larger but that is not a criticism against you😊. On the rs vs rb thing.. I play a lot of games through my system and directionality is prefered as opposed to dispersed sound, so along with a few other factors I wouldnt personally go rs. I prefer floorstanders as my surrounds though, I guess I am now used to big sound everywhere. I have not heard any of the rb models as I am happy with the performance of my synergys. I did think about either 2 rb61 or a 2nd rc62ii for 2 surround backs but that plan is on hold...
post #30019 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

One on a stand one on an end table. Room in back. I did some reading and I don't think I would like the RS. From what I gather studios mix surround based on monopole speakers and I would rather have the directional punch so I can really hear it loud and clear coming from the back over a diffused sound. The RS52s have the same size horn and woofer as the RB just that there are 2 of them. I feel that is overkill. IE: the surround mix is not going to use the full capabilities of the RS and I am on a budget.

I said I want to match the Klipsch not same size woofers. Right now I'm on polk T15s which have domes and I feel the woofers of the RB51s are better too. So it's a better match to my system (not a perfect horn/woofer match). The horn is the same size which is more important. I have always believed the surrounds do not have to match the power and output of the fronts. I do feel that having some decent sized klipsch bookshelfs with the horn tweeeter would be a big upgrade over my current polk bookshelfs. Which is why I ordered them. The polks already give me pretty good volume, now all I want is just a bit more "clarity".
If their not on the wall yea they'll be fine. You have a nice system there and watching movies will be a great experience. smile.gif
post #30020 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post

Very nice mate. Pics please once set up. Are the horns the same size in rb61 and rb51? Im not sure.. I would have gone larger but that is not a criticism against you😊. On the rs vs rb thing.. I play a lot of games through my system and directionality is prefered as opposed to dispersed sound, so along with a few other factors I wouldnt personally go rs. I prefer floorstanders as my surrounds though, I guess I am now used to big sound everywhere. I have not heard any of the rb models as I am happy with the performance of my synergys. I did think about either 2 rb61 or a 2nd rc62ii for 2 surround backs but that plan is on hold...

No the rb-62 horn are bigger. I just posted this pic i found for another comparison. But will work here too i guess.
rc-62ii rc-52 rb-81ii rb-61ii rb-51 rb-41

Edited by Reference_head - 1/3/14 at 9:35pm
post #30021 of 35250
Maybe because my room is kind of small and the surrounds fairly close I get more than I need from my RS400s (RS42 equivalent). Price was right and I like the size. With the crossover set to 100hz on them it sounds as if I get a ton of bass from them when it is called for. My SVS sub spreads things out very nicely. smile.gif
post #30022 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

No the rb-62 horn are bigger. I just posted this pic i found for another comparison. But will work here too i guess.
rc-62ii rc-52 rb-81ii rb-62ii rb-52ii rb-42ii

Dang, the RC62 is huge! It would crush my speaker bracket and probably my TV. smile.gif

Nice comparison though. Really shows the differences. Thanks
post #30023 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

No the rb-62 horn are bigger. I just posted this pic i found for another comparison. But will work here too i guess.
rc-62ii rc-52 rb-81ii rb-62ii rb-52ii rb-42ii
Wow that 52 is quite small, especially that horn. Good pics for comparisons mate
post #30024 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiey60 View Post

Wow that 52 is quite small, especially that horn. Good pics for comparisons mate
Hmm.. rc62ii with horn rotated? I know the whole front section is 1 piece but that pic made me think what if??
post #30025 of 35250
In my experience the 62 is a big leap from the 52. I have not heard a bad reference speaker model. But some are definitely better than others.
post #30026 of 35250
Hey Gang,

Question regarding the Klipsch Reference RB-61 II.

I am considering replacement of my Orb Audio satellites currently being used as the sides/rears for my setup. I am looking for a more robust/detailed sound and additional clarity than the Orbs are capable of producing. I listen to a lot of music as well as enjoy movies and sports. What are your opinions of the RB-61 II in this capacity? If I chose to pull the trigger I will be placing them on Bello stands. I know at the end of the day it boils down to personal preference, but I would like to hear feedback.

Thanks.
post #30027 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

rc-62ii rc-52 rb-81ii rb-62ii rb-52 rb-42

Very useful pic! Thanks!
post #30028 of 35250
The RF-62s didn't give me the day one wow factor the RC-62 did. I realize most of the dialogue comes from the center channel. Haven't had much time to demo them, and maybe they need some break in time. But I was expecting more from the Star Wars opening theme. Played my Sade Blu ray and do feel it opened up that front soundstage a bit more and sounded nicer. Music didn't quite "hit" like I thought it would and perhaps once I get the NSD all set up I will notice a drastic difference. So far don't feel as though I am getting $640 more sound over the Monitor 70s. Maybe I should try bi-amping them? I think my AVR 1712 is capable to bi-amp 2 speakers in a 5.1 system (which I have).
post #30029 of 35250
Biamping off your receiver is a waste of wire. Give them some more time.
post #30030 of 35250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Biamping off your receiver is a waste of wire. Give them some more time.

Oh I have every intention to. :P

Just didn't get that same initial wow factor is all. Also maybe didn't chose the right blu rays to show off side channels. My audyssey did set them to about -1.5 db so maybe I'll pump them up to +1.0 or so. And yes, give them time to break in too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch owner thread