Originally Posted by techrk
Looks like you are a cowboy fan. Not a great month to be cowboy fan.
1. Is RC64 better than RC62. I ordered RC62 because RC64 was costing me twice as much.
2. Is it recommended to place TV directly above the center speaker? I have small stand myself and would consider this myself.
3. Where did you buy the stands on both sides. I will need one of those.
Thanks....and yeah...it hasn't been a good time to be a Cowboy fan since 1995. Would be nice to win a playoff game before the decade is over, but I don't see that happening. Now, on to your questions.
1. When I went in to the store to audition the speakers, the first one I heard was the RC-62, since that was more within my budget. I thought it sounded great to be honest. Very solid center channel. I have a friend that can get rather ridiculous deals on equipment at a shop in West Palm Beach, and he's real big on putting a lot of money into your center channel. He said he could get me a real good deal on the RC-64, but I was iffy on whether or not it was worth the price. Well, after I was finished listening to the RC-62, they demoed the RC-64. This thing is a monster. So I bit and grabbed the RC-64 and I'm quite happy with it. Don't get me wrong, you won't be disappointed with the 62, it was the first one I heard and I thought it was an extremely solid center channel. I went with the 64 mainly because of the discount I was able to get, and it is the top center channel for the reference line. If not, I would have been very happy with the 62.
2. I don't believe it is recommended to place the TV on top of the speaker. I was planning to place the center on the bottom shelf of the stand and angle it up, but unfortunately there wasn't enough clearance due to some metal reinforcement bars just underneath the middle shelf that cannot be seen or moved. The TV on top of the speaker is temporary as I am in the process of finding a stand that will accommodate both my TV and the RC-64.
3. I bought the stands at Target about a year ago. They were on sale for about $75 each, but I'm not sure if they still carry them. I've seen some similar things at Target, Walmart, etc.