or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Bollywood on Blu-Ray??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bollywood on Blu-Ray?? - Page 19

post #541 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoR View Post

a few more bollywood blu-rays:

http://www.bollywooddvds.com/search....d=11975&icode=

I spot Jodha Akbar, Omkara, Salaam-E-Ishq, Taare Zameen Par, U, Me Aur Hum. All are indicating they are on pre-order, anyone have release dates?


Omkara was one of my favorite films of 2006, and I thought Taare Zameen Par was an excellent film, as well. I hope we see Rang De Basanti sometime soon, too. I salivate at the thought of RDB on Blu-Ray.
post #542 of 907
How do we get Netflix to get Blu ray versions of movies that are NOT from a major distributor?

For example, they have Sawariya (sp?), but that's because it's Sony. but Heyy Babyy (don't know the distributor) and Om Shanti Om (Eros?)??

They only have the SD-DVD's.

So how do we get Netflix to get these blu ray discs? Thanks!!
post #543 of 907
Just received OM SHANTI OM for $26 or 13 pounds.
post #544 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post

How do we get Netflix to get Blu ray versions of movies that are NOT from a major distributor?

For example, they have Sawariya (sp?), but that's because it's Sony. but Heyy Babyy (don't know the distributor) and Om Shanti Om (Eros?)??

They only have the SD-DVD's.

So how do we get Netflix to get these blu ray discs? Thanks!!

Pester them with e-mails and phone calls, I guess. If they realize there's enough demand for films from the subcontinent on Blu-Ray, they might begin carrying more of them. The market for these movies can hardly be considered a "niche" anymore, and us fans represent a truly *global* community (and yes I'm aware Netflix only rents out movies in the U.S., but I'm speaking in terms of the broad cultural reach of modern Indian cinema). They could please a lot of customers by offering Indian films in the best format possible, and might even sell a few Blu-Ray players to people who don't own one yet but love watching these films.
post #545 of 907
i agree
iam pounding them by calling with 20 different phone numbers
finally iam getting the movies on dvd what i wanna see
we can do the same thing on bd
there's heybaby released
but netflix doesn't have
samething with OMO
and another thing they should encourage thepeople who had those bd- that they don't have to rent them from that
post #546 of 907
salaam-e-ishq is a definite buy for me,i have the dvd but wanna see how the blu-ray looks
post #547 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderCool View Post

yeah,its not the best bollywood blu-ray release,no one would expect it to be being as its one of the first,but its good for a start,in my opinion atleast,hopefully they'll bring more out if sales are good,i just wanan see shaan on blu-ray..fully remastered now that would be great

Man after my own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goplay912 View Post

I didn't watch it all the way through. I thought it was boring so I skipped to the Rani Mukherjee scenes A friend will be coming by next week, so she and I will watch the whole thing then.

Good luck, I feel asleep after the first Rani scene... Geesh, what a snore fest.

Beautiful ! Yes...

But terrible movie.

Anyone want to buy it ?
post #548 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight2k4 View Post

Man after my own heart.



Good luck, I feel asleep after the first Rani scene... Geesh, what a snore fest.

Beautiful ! Yes...

But terrible movie.

Anyone want to buy it ?

told you so man!but no one believed me!film is so dumb that it takes entire fun of good transfer watered/ hosed in few minutes
post #549 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbo View Post

Just received OM SHANTI OM for $26 or 13 pounds.

Good price. Where did you get this from. How long did it take from order to delivery. Thanks.
post #550 of 907
Eros Pacific here in Fiji. 1 week for them to fill. They have a few in stock.
post #551 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

told you so man!but no one believed me!film is so dumb that it takes entire fun of good transfer watered/ hosed in few minutes

I know , I know.... I should have known better.

I am hopeful that OSO redeems it.

But I don't even want that P.O.S. in my collection...
post #552 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumbo View Post

Eros Pacific here in Fiji. 1 week for them to fill. They have a few in stock.

Thanks. I got mine in early June and paid a premium for that. Do you know when OSO blu-ray was first available in Fiji?
post #553 of 907
Ordered my OSO from an Amazon.com dealer last week and got it yesterday.

Can't beat that. $23 shipped.

Now to make time to watch it with the family.

So what should we get next ?
post #554 of 907
Ours is first copy, since we requested it.

We're the only legit video dealer left in country thanks to piracy and government doing nothing about it. They prefer taxes from blank discs.

Likewise, we're the only BR store in country as well.
post #555 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight2k4 View Post

I know , I know.... I should have known better.

I am hopeful that OSO redeems it.

But I don't even want that P.O.S. in my collection...

yeah oso is better than saawariya,trust me,i still cant believe i bought it,but it was a pretty movie to look at
post #556 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderCool View Post

yeah oso is better than saawariya,trust me,i still cant believe i bought it,but it was a pretty movie to look at

Yeah for the parts I didn't sleep through !!!!
post #557 of 907
yeah,saawariya was tooooooo cheesy for me,but eh rani was the only reason i watched it
post #558 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderCool View Post

yeah,saawariya was tooooooo cheesy for me,but eh rani was the only reason i watched it

thats wat a couple people including my self who were the only viewers, said so!but man, I am through with rani, I already got an over dose lol.

Even that buttony Butt did not perk me up.
post #559 of 907
any news of any other bollywood blu rays comin out?
post #560 of 907
my OSO copy finally shipped from amazon too, 16$ shipped isnt bad, im glad i didn't cancel the order now

Btw, i hope they release Sholay on Bluray. Also has anyone seen the remastered dvd of Sholay and comment on how good/bad it is?
post #561 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderCool View Post

yeah,saawariya was tooooooo cheesy for me,but eh rani was the only reason i watched it

This is so true..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakMan09 View Post

any news of any other bollywood blu rays comin out?

I would like to know.

We need more quality flicks.
post #562 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman S View Post

my OSO copy finally shipped from amazon too, 16$ shipped isnt bad, im glad i didn't cancel the order now

Btw, i hope they release Sholay on Bluray. Also has anyone seen the remastered dvd of Sholay and comment on how good/bad it is?

By "remastered" DVD, do you mean one with the extended cut of the film, or the theatrical version? I've seen virtually all the different prints out there, including those from European vendors and "amateur" re-encodes (both the theatrical and extended cuts as the case may be) and they all vary in quality. The extended director's cut *master* is considered to be the one with better PQ since it's been cleaned-up a bit from the theatrical cut. There's a lot of discussion/debate on this topic over on Zulm.net, with many members there feeling the video quality of the Carlotta (a French editor) PAL DVD to be the best out of the ones currently available, but inferior in the sense that it's sourced from the theatrical version. The only director's cut DVD available now is the one from Eros/B4U, which is widely considered to be the worst encode of the bunch.

You can see how this gets very complicated very fast. lol

The Carlotta DVD also has mediocre sound. It definitely doesn't contain the Dolby Surround mix that was redone for the DEI version and isn't even in stereo IIRC.

*However,* I recently read on another forum (I think it was DVD Talk) that Carlotta will be releasing their first few Blu-Ray discs in October, one of which will be Sholay. But just a few days later, I read on yet another forum that Carlotta replaced Sholay with another film, so now I don't know when or if they'll be releasing it.

Sheesh. You'd think it would be easier to find a top-notch copy of one of the greatest films in Indian cinema history.
post #563 of 907
Last week at Best Buy I saw they had Sawariya on blu ray. Is it any good?
post #564 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPP View Post

Last week at Best Buy I saw they had Sawariya on blu ray. Is it any good?

It is a okay movie for me. Some people don't like it as it drags and also not an interesting story. Do a search. However, it has the best Bollywood blu-ray PQ. In that regard it is a must to have.
post #565 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakMan09 View Post

any news of any other bollywood blu rays comin out?

Few available from www.bollywoodblu-ray.com for preorder since early June. But no new news about release dates.

It is really frustrating that the Bollywood studios do not give out information about blu-ray developments.
post #566 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlord View Post

By "remastered" DVD, do you mean one with the extended cut of the film, or the theatrical version? I've seen virtually all the different prints out there, including those from European vendors and "amateur" re-encodes (both the theatrical and extended cuts as the case may be) and they all vary in quality. The extended director's cut *master* is considered to be the one with better PQ since it's been cleaned-up a bit from the theatrical cut. There's a lot of discussion/debate on this topic over on Zulm.net, with many members there feeling the video quality of the Carlotta (a French editor) PAL DVD to be the best out of the ones currently available, but inferior in the sense that it's sourced from the theatrical version. The only director's cut DVD available now is the one from Eros/B4U, which is widely considered to be the worst encode of the bunch.

You can see how this gets very complicated very fast. lol

The Carlotta DVD also has mediocre sound. It definitely doesn't contain the Dolby Surround mix that was redone for the DEI version and isn't even in stereo IIRC.

*However,* I recently read on another forum (I think it was DVD Talk) that Carlotta will be releasing their first few Blu-Ray discs in October, one of which will be Sholay. But just a few days later, I read on yet another forum that Carlotta replaced Sholay with another film, so now I don't know when or if they'll be releasing it.

Sheesh. You'd think it would be easier to find a top-notch copy of one of the greatest films in Indian cinema history.

wow, thats a whole bunch of permutations there! A year or two ago i think i had seen some ads proclaiming Sholay had been remastered for dvd and released with a 5.1 mix. I didn't get a chance to explore that in detail at that time, so thanks a bunch for that bit of info.
I do hope they release this on BD soon, and hopefully a well restored version. This is a must have on BD classic for most of us.
post #567 of 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncguy View Post

It is a okay movie for me. Some people don't like it as it drags and also not an interesting story. Do a search. However, it has the best Bollywood blu-ray PQ. In that regard it is a must to have.

Thanks! I don't like slow movies but I may get it just for the PQ.
post #568 of 907
hi
did anybody figured out how to pull out only songs from saawariya bluray without any loosing PQ/AQ
i know its kinda advanced question just curious
post #569 of 907
^yeah that does sound pretty advanced,but why would you wanna pull out the songs? ... just curious..idk about alot of bollywood films releasing on blu-ray...does anyone have any sales figures on saawariya and oso blu-ray? would be interested to see how they did, but would be kinda hard to get them, from various websites and stuff..oso never really had an "official" release
post #570 of 907
Hi, fellow Indian here and very interested in Bollywood Blu-Rays. Will get Taare Zameen Par, Jodha Akbar on Blu-Ray though some classics wont hurt as well. Right now it would seem the selection is extremely small for obvious reasons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Bollywood on Blu-Ray??