I understand your point, but no, it's the case that there is a lot going on. Whether or not it's actually shipping doesn't mean that it isn't being manufactured and that it isn't a flurry of technology happening for real. And a lot of it is shipping, even if much of it isn't ending up covering the wall of best buy.
From my perspective, I think this is right, but please feel free to correct:
- 4K - Shipping
- w/ HDMI 2.0 - Shipping (finally)
- IGZO - unclear to me
- OLED - Shipping (kinda)
- Curved - Shipping (unfortunately)
- Passive 3D adoptions (from active) - Shipping
- Quantum Dots as emissive pixel technology - Not Shipping
- Quantum Dots - Shipping (as RGB light source only, for Triluminus LCD)
- Truly non-reflective surfaces - Not shipping
A lot of stuff IMO.