Pre-amble:Can someone tell me exactly how to cable the following gear and what to answer during the Panny setup?
Please help - I'd really like to use this box! Panasonic DMR-EH55
Comcast Digital Cable with Hi-Def
Sanyo PLV-Z4 Projector
Old JVC Receiver (just audio inputs, no video ports used)
Well, things aren't going to well with my DMR-EH55 - I can't get the TVGOS to download. I've called Panasonic twice and received conflicting information, including the manual diagrams are wrong! from one nice CSR helping me re-cable. My TV Guide On Screen Setup Progress has only gone as far as search for time being checked green.
Here are the steps I've followed so far:
1. split cable from wall
2. A line goes to Panny coax input
3. B line goes to Motorola DCT6412III coax input
4. L&R RCA audio outs and S-Video from Moto to Panny IN3 inputs
5. Panny component out to my projector and TOSLINK audio to my receiver
6. IR Blaster is connected to Panny and positioned fine to hit the Moto sensor
7. Moto also has component to the projector and a TOSLINK for audio
8. Power up Panny and walk through the setup:
16:9 Widescreen TV,
Antenna *and* Cable with a Cable Box,
IN3 - cable box connection channel,
Yes - digital service package,
No 4-digit entry,
it successfully picks the Moto remote code by changing from ch2 to ch9,
manually set the clock, and
power off for way more than 24 hours maybe 36 plus the first shot.
I watched the channels change on the Moto with the Panny off, all the way through 999. But, I still only had the time setting check marked when I finally powered the unit back on.
Second try: (after 1st support call) - she said the coax signal might be too weakened by the splitter for the TVGOS to be sensed.
1. remove splitter
2. run cable from wall into the Panny coax input
3. cable the Panny RF Out to the Moto coax input
4. everything else the same after a Panny reset and setup
5. power off Panny, wait over 24hours as Moto channels change
No luck, though the channels dutifully changed all the way through 999.
Third try: (2nd support call) - The manual diagrams are wrong! she said so I must re-cable
1. again like second try, no splitter
2. run cable from wall into the Moto coax input
3. run cable from the Moto RF Out to the Panny coax input
4. only select Cable with Cable Box and RF, Channel 3 instead of IN3 after full Panny reset and setup
It's walking through the channels but there's a long way to go until 999 or 24hours. I'm not too hopeful.