Originally Posted by smackbottom
Anyway, to male a long story short, I decided to try again. With these exceptions.
1. I split the rf cable with one going into the dvr and the other going into the cable box.
2. When selecting "cable with box" I also selected antenna as instructed in the manual. I hadnt done this the first time.
I let it go and by morning TVGOS was fully loaded. The box even tells you what time next update will be.
Thanks for all the information, Smack. I just got the EH-55 and your experimentation is very helpful. I was having issue getting the (Comcast) digital cable box to play nice with the DVR, so right now I took the cable box out of the picture and have the cable line going directly into the DVR. That setup works perfect but we cannot tape\\watch the digital channels (channel 100 and up). I'd like to try what you are doing.
Sorry to repeat what you've been saying, but want to be very clear on the steps (and am electronically challenged). I have a VCR in my setup but for the moment would like to take that out of the equation:
1. RF Coax Cable line from wall is being split. (Lets call line A and line B). I understand that step, but then my questions begin..
2. Line A is going into RF IN on Panny. Panny RCA jack Line Out 1 is going to TV??
3. Line B is going into Dgital Cable Box RF In. RCA jack Line Out on Digital Cable Box is going to Panny RCA Line In 3??
4. Where is the RF Line Out of the Cable Box going to?
5. Sounds like you are still using the IR blaster in this setup?
Thanks in advance for any help that you or anyone can give.