or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Dynaudio Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 573

post #17161 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmf View Post

+1
You can say that again you fruit loop Irish loving fairy. tongue.gif. Rhett wants to get hitched with you so he can use your x16s for his surround sound.

Fagley, youre alive??

So you and rhett are getting married this weekend in Boonedock IA and then a reception in Boys-town Chicago on the 6th?
Edited by callas01 - 9/19/12 at 10:06pm
post #17162 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic View Post

We will have a pair [Evidence Temptation] at CES.......in the Mocca finish......wink.gif

Any other details? Will they be released next year?
post #17163 of 21598
I just purchased my first pair of Dynaudio speakers, which should arrive at the house tomorrow! I found a good price on a set of Audience 82 towers with only about 40 hours on them and mint condition(we'll see if UPS delivers them in that condition). I understand they may not yet even be fully "broken in".

Even though I recognize that these are totally entry level, my hope is that they will give me a sense of the "house sound" of Dynaudio. They will be replacing a set of Monitor Audio Silver 9i, and used for both music and HT, and I specifically bought them with this in mind as a model that possessed the musicality and dynamics to be pretty good at both HT and music.

Any setup tips much appreciated!
post #17164 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

Fagley, youre alive??
So you and rhett are getting married this weekend in Boonedock IA and then a reception in Boys-town Chicago on the 6th?

Sister is getting married this weekend. House warming party-kegger is Oct. 6th. I'm doing a music video playlist off my 92" projection setup for it. I've been painting nonstop the past half week on the inside of my house. Literally everything thing has been repainted inside & out since I bought it 6 months ago. So I've been in a rush to get a lot done with everything coming up. The Sapphires have seen a lot of neglected music playback while I paint. I find my Integra does a decent job but nowhere near as good as the Octave V70 I had. End of this year/early 2013 I'll be looking to upgrade my center speaker and avr. Then it is time to work on my 2 channel tube setup.
post #17165 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

I just purchased my first pair of Dynaudio speakers, which should arrive at the house tomorrow! I found a good price on a set of Audience 82 towers with only about 40 hours on them and mint condition(we'll see if UPS delivers them in that condition). I understand they may not yet even be fully "broken in".
Even though I recognize that these are totally entry level, my hope is that they will give me a sense of the "house sound" of Dynaudio. They will be replacing a set of Monitor Audio Silver 9i, and used for both music and HT, and I specifically bought them with this in mind as a model that possessed the musicality and dynamics to be pretty good at both HT and music.
Any setup tips much appreciated!
I have Audience 72s and those are great speakers. I think you'll like the 82s.

Get them well off the walls (2 feet or so) and not too close together. A slight toe in may help with imaging.
post #17166 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post

Any other details? Will they be released next year?

Actually the Evidence Platinum will be released next month but CES will be our first show. The only thing the Platinum will share with the Temptation is the basic cabinet as everything else will be different, drivers, crossovers, etc. will all change. This speaker will be something very special.
post #17167 of 21598
^^Mick, will the Platinums still utilize the Esotar2 Tweeters or will it be a new generation/version?
post #17168 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post

^^Mick, will the Platinums still utilize the Esotar2 Tweeters or will it be a new generation/version?

Still the Esotar 2 but a more advanced version than what is in the Temptation or Master.
post #17169 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic View Post

Still the Esotar 2 but a more advanced version than what is in the Temptation or Master.

How 'bout a fire sale on the old Esotar2? I need a set. biggrin.gif
post #17170 of 21598
And more advanced than the latest version in the Confidence MK II?
post #17171 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post

And more advanced than the latest version in the Confidence MK II?

Of course, what will be in the Platinum will be the most advanced versio of the Esotar 2 yet!
post #17172 of 21598
I have a pair of C1 Signature driven by a Simaudio 700i. Love the speakers but have a chance to upgrade to a pair of demo Signature C2's from my dealer for a pretty good deal. I love the C1S' but am unable to audition the C2S' in my listening room which is 12 feet by 13 feet. I am looking for more detail and deeper soundstage than I currently have.

I have been able to compare the C1S to the C2S to the Vienna Acoustic Klimt Kiss at the same dealers room driven by a Simaudio 600i which puts out less power than my 700i.

Do you think it is worth my while to upgrade to the C2 Signatures or just stick with the C1 Signatures. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
post #17173 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpritz View Post

I have a pair of C1 Signature driven by a Simaudio 700i. Love the speakers but have a chance to upgrade to a pair of demo Signature C2's from my dealer for a pretty good deal. I love the C1S' but am unable to audition the C2S' in my listening room which is 12 feet by 13 feet. I am looking for more detail and deeper soundstage than I currently have.
I have been able to compare the C1S to the C2S to the Vienna Acoustic Klimt Kiss at the same dealers room driven by a Simaudio 600i which puts out less power than my 700i.
Do you think it is worth my while to upgrade to the C2 Signatures or just stick with the C1 Signatures. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
A while back I wanted to upgrade from the original C1 to the C2. I was able to have a 7 day in home demo. My room is 12 X 26 with the speakers on the long wall. At first I loved the C2's. But something seemed very different and couldn't really put my finger on it. Then I put the C1's back. Turns out there was a HUGE vertical wall of sound. That being said the furthest I could sit away was about 9 -10 ft. Personally I like the better imaging the C1's offer in that setup. The reason I wanted the C2's was 2 fold. 1 I like the looks of the C2's better and 2 at the dealer the C2's sounded much better in a bigger room. My electronics then was a Bryston B100 SSt and there was enough power. I have since upgraded to the Octave V70SE and to the C1 Signatures. So since you can't have an in home demo is it possible that the dealer may have a room similar size to your where you could audition both.
post #17174 of 21598
^^^ Shpritz, I'll kind of echo what ODD said. On the surface, it seems like a no-brainer, right? C2s for C1s (although I assume it's not something for nothing; I can't imagine it's anywhere near an even swap). But...there is something to be said for monitors, and their ability to get out of the way (ODD talked about C1s imaging better, at least in his room). I'd also worry about the C2s and the size of your room. 12 x 13 isn't HUGE; C2s might not fully open up in that space?

Better in theory, isn't always better in practice. I'd really want to audition, before I cast-aside a perfectly good pair of C1 Sigs.
post #17175 of 21598
Shpritz, I, too, will have to agree with ODD and CD on this one. I have C2s in a room size of 20' x 12' with an 8' ceiling. I believe that I've manage to make them work in my room. However, I feel that they really need more space to breath.
I have the speakers on the short wall...approximately 4' off the front wall. I'm sitting approx. 10' from the speakers.Not the most ideal of situations. And, I too have considered down-sizing to a small Dynaudio, like the S3.4s or C1s.
If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll have one up shortly. Good Luck!
post #17176 of 21598
Shpritz
Another thing in my situation. The C2's are really dual C1's with dcc for the tweeters.. For me because of my listening position the C2's were very forward sounding with no more bass than the C1's with a sub - again from my listening position. Now in different rooms in my home the bass much more pronounced which was something I wanted. But since I have a Rel B3 it doesn't really matter. Actually the B3 gets a hair lower than the C2's when set up properly. As far as the sub - I prefer to have the sub pick up where the C1's leave off to give me more of that C2/C4 sound. To me crossing the sub over - lets's say at 80 hz I would be adding the what the C1's can't do but adding severely to what the C1's can do. Again I highly suggest possibly demoing at the dealer in a similar room. Who knows you may prefer the sound otherwise consider a sub if you don't have one. It will give you more of a C2/C4 sound. If you should decide on a Rel get a good cable - the factory one is cr@p.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
post #17177 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

I just purchased my first pair of Dynaudio speakers, which should arrive at the house tomorrow! I found a good price on a set of Audience 82 towers with only about 40 hours on them and mint condition(we'll see if UPS delivers them in that condition). I understand they may not yet even be fully "broken in".
Even though I recognize that these are totally entry level, my hope is that they will give me a sense of the "house sound" of Dynaudio. They will be replacing a set of Monitor Audio Silver 9i, and used for both music and HT, and I specifically bought them with this in mind as a model that possessed the musicality and dynamics to be pretty good at both HT and music.
Any setup tips much appreciated!

Whoa! I received the 82's today and just set them up in the same bedroom I had the Monitor Silver 9is in. I have to say that my initial impression is that the 82s are in another league in dynamics, slam, and high frequency articulation. The brushed cymbals in Diana Krall's album, The Look of Love, sound more open and airy. They also go much deeper in the bass, which they should as they are much larger. But, I did not expect them to be this superior in the mids and highs, as Monitor has a great reputation for both.

The seller states that they have less than 40 hours on them, so they may not even be fully broken in. I am going to just keep them playing for several days before making any definitive conclusions.
post #17178 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Whoa! I received the 82's today and just set them up in the same bedroom I had the Monitor Silver 9is in. I have to say that my initial impression is that the 82s are in another league in dynamics, slam, and high frequency articulation. The brushed cymbals in Diana Krall's album, The Look of Love, sound more open and airy. They also go much deeper in the bass, which they should as they are much larger. But, I did not expect them to be this superior in the mids and highs, as Monitor has a great reputation for both.
The seller states that they have less than 40 hours on them, so they may not even be fully broken in. I am going to just keep them playing for several days before making any definitive conclusions.
Honestly if the seller is correct regarding the Hrs they will only get better. wink.gif Give them another 100 - 200 hrs.
post #17179 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Whoa! I received the 82's today and just set them up in the same bedroom I had the Monitor Silver 9is in. I have to say that my initial impression is that the 82s are in another league in dynamics, slam, and high frequency articulation. The brushed cymbals in Diana Krall's album, The Look of Love, sound more open and airy. They also go much deeper in the bass, which they should as they are much larger. But, I did not expect them to be this superior in the mids and highs, as Monitor has a great reputation for both.
The seller states that they have less than 40 hours on them, so they may not even be fully broken in. I am going to just keep them playing for several days before making any definitive conclusions.

It's like falling in love for the first time. biggrin.gif

If they truly have just 40 hours they will get better with more time on them. The tweeters should get much smoother sounding.
post #17180 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Whoa! I received the 82's today and just set them up in the same bedroom I had the Monitor Silver 9is in. I have to say that my initial impression is that the 82s are in another league in dynamics, slam, and high frequency articulation. The brushed cymbals in Diana Krall's album, The Look of Love, sound more open and airy. They also go much deeper in the bass, which they should as they are much larger. But, I did not expect them to be this superior in the mids and highs, as Monitor has a great reputation for both.
The seller states that they have less than 40 hours on them, so they may not even be fully broken in. I am going to just keep them playing for several days before making any definitive conclusions.

Congrats on the speakers, glad to hear they are meeting your expectations. I like Monitor Audio speakers as well, they are great for what you pay. However I dont think I could ever sway away from Dynaudio, I just love how much you get from them whether you have towers or bookshelf speakers.
post #17181 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic View Post

Of course, what will be in the Platinum will be the most advanced versio of the Esotar 2 yet!

The latest, bestest, mostest, bejeezest, openestest, ............... Koolide Marketing Slurp 101. Priceless. LOL, too funny. wink.gif
post #17182 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post

Honestly if the seller is correct regarding the Hrs they will only get better. wink.gif Give them another 100 - 200 hrs.

Well, the seller has 100% positive feedback, and the speakers appear to be absolutely mint. So, at this point, I have no reason not to believe him about the hours. I will let them run in for a week or so.
Edited by mtrot - 9/22/12 at 10:11am
post #17183 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Well, the seller has 100% positive feedback, and the speakers appear to be absolutely mint. So, at this point, I have no reason not to believe him about he hours. I will let them run in for a week or so.

In my experience give them 300 hours, they take a long time to break in.
Rob
post #17184 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Well, the seller has 100% positive feedback, and the speakers appear to be absolutely mint. So, at this point, I have no reason not to believe him about he hours. I will let them run in for a week or so.

In my experience give them 300 hours, they take a long time to break in.
Rob
post #17185 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post

Well, the seller has 100% positive feedback, and the speakers appear to be absolutely mint. So, at this point, I have no reason not to believe him about he hours. I will let them run in for a week or so.

I doubt ODD was insinuating the seller wasn't being honest; only accurate. I, for one...never know how you guys keep track of your listening hours. tongue.gif
post #17186 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breako View Post

TKoolide Marketing Slurp 101. Priceless. LOL, too funny. wink.gif

not as funny as this biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breako View Post

Same homogenized, dull uppers and mids, colored Dyn sound? LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic View Post

Of course they will sound that way when you listen with your head up your a**.......wink.gif

Edited by Dynero - 9/22/12 at 7:00am
post #17187 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynero View Post

not as funny as this biggrin.gif
Yeah I imbedded Mick's picture and the Mods took it down within a couple of Min. mad.gif
post #17188 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

I doubt ODD was insinuating the seller wasn't being honest; only accurate. I, for one...never know how you guys keep track of your listening hours. tongue.gif
For me it is simple. About 5 hrs per day Mon - Fri and 10 -12 hrs per weekend day. smile.gif
post #17189 of 21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breako View Post

The latest, bestest, mostest, bejeezest, openestest, ............... Koolide Marketing Slurp 101. Priceless. LOL, too funny. wink.gif

Im just happy to see that youre a complete phuckin douche bag in all threads you post in! Otherwise Id take what you say personal.
post #17190 of 21598
Callas01 - you noticed that too. I wonder how many times we have to flush before he goes away biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Dynaudio Owner's Thread