Hey guys! I had some real quick questions in regards to some of the posts here and what I'm seeing on my Hitachi 57F59 set. First, let me tell you about some of the experiences I've had with my set.
1. One night I was watching a non-HD channel and all of a sudden, the screen went black (blank), but the audio could still be heard. The set did not turn off. After about 30 seconds to a minute, the screen went back to normal on its own.
2. Another night, I was watching television again and the screen turned black with white lines running though it. If you know how a screen looks when it gets a bad interference, well, this is what it looked like; however, there was no interference around from what I could tell. After a little time, the screen went back to normal again.
3. One day I started watching a DVR recording and the screen got real bright (white). I turned off the DVR recording and switched the DVR cable box to a couple of channels. The brightness (whiteness) was still seen. After about a minute, the screen went back to normal again.
I'm using a Motorola DTC6412 III DVR (Dual Tuner) cable box from Insight which is hooked straight to the TV set via HDMI. I also have a DVD player which is hooked to the TV set via component. Both the DVR and DVD player have their audio outputs running to a receiver. I don't know if this matter's, but I'll mention it anyway. The coaxial cable is running from the wall outlet to a UPS, then to the DVR cable box. Also, the DVR cable box has the next to most released Firmware installed on it.
Questions for the Experts:
1. A lot of people in this forum are mentioning their sets are displaying colors (i.e. green, red, etc.). Has anyone experienced any of the symptoms I listed above? I seem to have different symptoms from what everyone else is posting about this set.
2. I have one more week left to return this set back to the retail store I purchased it from (CC). From my experiences listed above, does this sound like there's a problem with the TV set? Should I take the set back to the retail store and switch it out for a new one? Some people in this forum are stating that they think the problem's everyone is seeing is because of the HDMI. I really don't want to be stuck with a set that could have more major problems in the future.
Thanks for any comments or suggestions. Sorry for such a long post.