Originally Posted by gwlbe
I just got the free HD DVR installed, great machine, but:
1. I cannot get the digital audio out to work with my receivers, I went thru the menu and set it dd5.1 out on.
2. Watching HDNET, I paused the pic and toggled thru the 1080i, 720P, 480P. 720P looked the worse and I didn't notice much difference b/w 1080i and 480P if any?
3. Is there any way to remove some of the off-air channels that don't work?
4. any way to determine the amount of space left on the HD.
Couldn't find the answers in the manual.
Thanks in advance.
All in all, pretty cool.
1. are you using toslink/optical cable?
2. what's the native resolution for your set? i think allot of people expect more of a difference between resolutions when they first check it out, i know i did.
3. yes go into setup, settings, channels and then channels you receive. once your there, uncheck the channels you don't want.
4. no, unfortunately. i keep an eye on it by counting approximately how many hours of recordings i have. for example, i add 2 hours for each HD movie to 1/2 hour and one hour shows, when i get close to 25 HD hours, i start deleting shows i don't really want.
the unit can hold 250 hours of SD programming or 30 hours of HD, if i remember correctly.