or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › pioneer vs panny?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

pioneer vs panny?  

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
sure its an old topic, but i did search and couldnt find any real help.

panny 42 ED plasma or Pioneer 42 ED plasma? which is better...with blacks, ED and SD TV, etc.

just and anwser, one word, no flaming please.
post #2 of 20
Panny
post #3 of 20
I never was any good at Simon Sez.

Panny rules!
post #4 of 20
amphibological
post #5 of 20
Neither :)

NEC 42"VR4
post #6 of 20
why ED? If you are going to invest that amount of money, why not do it right and get an HD so you won't be regretting your purchase in 3 years?
post #7 of 20
go compare
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig488
sure its an old topic, but i did search and couldnt find any real help.

panny 42 ED plasma or Pioneer 42 ED plasma? which is better...with blacks, ED and SD TV, etc.

just and anwser, one word, no flaming please.
tell us which specific models you are looking at, that will get you better advice.
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig488
sure its an old topic, but i did search and couldnt find any real help.

panny 42 ED plasma or Pioneer 42 ED plasma? which is better...with blacks, ED and SD TV, etc.

just and anwser, one word, no flaming please.
:D
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
i cant go compare, ive been to every electronics store in town, nobody carries the ones im looking at.

i would just buy the HD model, but its going in my living room where i only have SD, and i wont have HD up there for quite a while(likely never), i have HD downstairs where my other TV is so its not needed in the living room, its for the wife and kids to view.

interested in the pioneer PDP-424MV and the panny 42PWD8UK.

my neighbor has the panny 50 PUD HD screen, it looks great, but its not ED.

the viewing distance is about 7 feet. watching dvds and charter digital cable.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig488
the viewing distance is about 7 feet. watching dvds and charter digital cable.
That's too close for EDTV IMHO. :(
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
so should i go with a 37 HD? or put it on another wall?
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig488
so should i go with a 37 HD? or put it on another wall?
I'd go with HD if < 8 ft. You need to decide which wall. :)
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mule65
That's too close for EDTV IMHO. :(
I agree. Take a tape measure to a store that has the 42 ED Panny and stand 7 ft back, if you can see the "screen door" you are too close or you need the HD version.
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
i was way off, its 14 feet. i dont know where i got 8. oops.
post #16 of 20
At 14' EDTV is better.Go PANNY :D
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig488
i would just buy the HD model, but its going in my living room where i only have SD, and i wont have HD up there for quite a while(likely never), i have HD downstairs where my other TV is so its not needed in the living room, its for the wife and kids to view.

interested in the pioneer PDP-424MV and the panny 42PWD8UK.

my neighbor has the panny 50 PUD HD screen, it looks great, but its not ED.

the viewing distance is about 7 feet. watching dvds and charter digital cable.....

....i was way off, its 14 feet. i dont know where i got 8. oops.
Well then at 14 feet, the ED would indeed look better than an HD set. It'll be bright and HD will look practically the same on either set at that huge distance.

As for which ED model to get, i would get the Panny just based on what i've seen in the few stores that actually had an SD source to check, and from what i've been reading here and elsewhere for the past 3 years. I haven't seen much talk about Pioneer ED sets so i'd dig for more detailed feedback on the Pio ED performance to be safe, butcha just can't go wrong with a Panny.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopro45
why ED? If you are going to invest that amount of money, why not do it right and get an HD so you won't be regretting your purchase in 3 years?
What is going to happen in 3 years that isn't already happening? It's not like everything is going to suddenly be HD because it won't. Cable and Satellite users will see no changes at all.
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
Well then at 14 feet, the ED would indeed look better than an HD set. It'll be bright and HD will look practically the same on either set at that huge distance.

As for which ED model to get, i would get the Panny just based on what i've seen in the few stores that actually had an SD source to check, and from what i've been reading here and elsewhere for the past 3 years. I haven't seen much talk about Pioneer ED sets so i'd dig for more detailed feedback on the Pio ED performance to be safe, butcha just can't go wrong with a Panny.
Ditto. You won't be sorry -- you'll be VERY happy.
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 
thanks guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › pioneer vs panny?