Picture 1 is a plastic bracket that hold the front and back heat sinks together and isolates positive and negative.
Picture 2 is a view of the back heat sync and has the screw that Sony talks about that can be used to puncture the bulb and release the gas. This is of course unneeded. I did not do it because I kept my old bulb as a spare.
Picture 3 are the clips that must be removed, They hold the tension on the front and back heat sinks. They com off easily with a flat bladed screwdriver and go on easily later.
Picture 4 is with the front heat sink removed. To remove the back half, gentle pressure is applied to pry the heat sync open. The bulb will hen pull out easily.
Picture 5 is the actual 2 bulbs. The one with the very thin layer of heat transfer grease is the old bulb. THe bulbs had very minor cosmetic differences, but seemed the same everywhere it counted. They also appear to be from the same manufacturer. I used an equally thin coating of arctic silver heat transfer grease on the new unit. I would be careful not to apply more than was on the original, since the front and rear of the bulbs are the power contacts.
Assembly is simple as reversing thes steps. My unit powered up as soon as reassembled and did not require recalibration. I was surprised to notice how much brighter my picture had become. After 2350 hours, I guess the bulb had really lost a lot of lumens. Going forward I will probably replace the bulb more often.