Originally Posted by calentz
This may seem like a dumb question, but have you checked your power connections? In particular where the appliance cable connects to the back of your TV. I work in the computer industry and I don't know how many SVC calls I have had where the power cable was not fully connected.
Not a dumb question at all... that was one of the first things I checked. I'm in the computer industry as well and I've seen that happen lots of times and that can definitely cause flakiness. It is the tv and I'm heading over to ultimate tonight to talk about getting the samsung HL-T7288w. Thanks Chip E for that info... looks like the hl-t will be out late may or june.
My hl-s7178w is pretty consistent now. I'm going to contact a samsung tech today and describe the symptoms. I'll let you know what he says....
1. turn tv on.
2. get sound, but no picture. the green lamp light flashes.
3. tv turns off and then back on.
4. no sound and no picture. the green lamp light flashes.
5. tv turns off and then back on.
6. no sound and no picture. the green lamp light flashes.
7. tv turns off and all the lights are flashing... timer, standby/temp, lamp lights are all flashing.
8. I hit the power button on the remote and the tv turns on with picture and sound, everything is fine after all that.