or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › The Official Sony 2006 KDS-(XX)A2000 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Sony 2006 KDS-(XX)A2000 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread

post #1 of 14269
Thread Starter 
Ok, folks. Here ya go.

Pics only for now, as I have to now go get a stand for this bad boy....

Wasn't planning on getting today, but a local store surprised me with their availability and great price.
LL
LL
LL
post #2 of 14269
Awesome, congrats! I'm surprised that you got it at a retail store before those that preordered from Sony got theirs.

So, what was this "great price" anyways?
post #3 of 14269
Thread Starter 
More pics...
LL
post #4 of 14269
Mr. Foo,
When you have a chance (I realize that probably won't be today with the new toy in the house), would you please measure the distance from the bottom of the base to the bottom of where the actual screen starts? Thanks, and congratulations!!!
post #5 of 14269
Do the new models have the green glob issue?

Thanks,
Darrell
post #6 of 14269
Congrats! I'll have mine tomorrow afternoon! Also the 60 inch.....
post #7 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Foo View Post

Ok, folks. Here ya go.

Congrats on being the 1st. Good luck. Any Green haze at startup?
post #8 of 14269
plz let me know how is the PQ , and should i go ahead and preorder my 50.
post #9 of 14269
and what store?
post #10 of 14269
Is there a glass screen on these sets?

(Note: Glass Sticker on Box)
post #11 of 14269
Congrats on being the first to post pics of the new SXRD!

Looking forward to the reviews.
post #12 of 14269
So glad someone else posted pictures... I've been trying to get the ones I took converted to 800x600 since that seems to be the only size that can be uploaded? Not much into the photo editing - is there some easy way to do that?

Uh... no green glob after the first hour. Did the XBR1s have the green glob out of the box.

I've got it on the floor while I wait for a stand.

I put in Finding Nemo - looks gorgeous. My Name is Earl on NBC HD looked nice, too.

Out of the box, there has been no buyer's remorse from buying this sight unseen. I was hoping to get something that looked similar to the XBR1 I saw at BB and this looks just as nice to me (well, nicer since it hasn't been running non-stop at BB for who knows how long).

I just went back into the living room where Finding Nemo was still playing. It's just very impressive. And it almost sucks for me. This isn't technically "my" primary display. It's my wife's. I've got an IN76 upstairs. The IN76 is nice, but I'm scared to see what HD-DVD is going to look like on the A2000. I shouldn't even look. I almost don't want to know.

I've already said I don't want the kids in the living room ever again. I need to go barricade that area off...
post #13 of 14269
Brandon, if you open up Paint you can go to Image > Strecth/Skew and then scale it down by putting in a < 100 %
post #14 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

Uh... no green glob after the first hour. Did the XBR1s have the green glob out of the box.

Brandon thanks for the update. Were there any color uniformity issues at all during the first few minutes after startup?
post #15 of 14269
For those of you who have gotten their set or are expecting it in the next few days: If any of you have or will be getting an HD DVD player, I have aquired a disc image with the same test patterns I reference in this post that can be used to test the deinterlacing of 1080i material. If you do have a unit, let me know, and I'll get you a copy of the image that can be burned to DVD-R and played back on the Toshiba units.
post #16 of 14269
if anyone gets a chance I would really appreciate if someone could measure the width of the back of the 60" set. I need to figure out how much the sides angle in to see if I will be able to fit it into the corner of my family room.
post #17 of 14269
Thanks!

Here's a few pics I had taken earlier. I know - not the greatest.
LL
LL
LL
post #18 of 14269
Does SD look tolerable?
post #19 of 14269
New Owners,
Those of you that are computer savvy, please connect your computer to the TV via either the VGA or the HDMI and let us know about overscan/underscan issues. This may very well end up in it's own thread of course, but for those looking to use the TV in an HTPC environment, this is the starting point. And, since most if not all previous RPTV's required Herculean efforts to get them to work properly with a computer, maybe we will be in for a nice surprise

Robert
post #20 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

Thanks!

Here's a few pics I had taken earlier. I know - not the greatest.

The very first picture has a green blob with yellow lips. Congrats!

May want to take the pics with the flash off and freeze frame the TV depending on type of camera.
post #21 of 14269
I know this has been hashed and rehashed(and yes I have read the hundreds of pages of posts), but for you new owners could you please tell us if the A2000 has picture and picture (split screen twin view). I was still hoping it might have this feature. I know that several posters have said that the TV does not have PIP. I guess I'm asking if it has P & P. Thanks.
post #22 of 14269
Congrats! Could someone please post a picture of the entire back of the unit (maybe taken at a little angle), please?

Also, how do you like the brightness so far. Is it plenty bright, or are you left wanting more?
post #23 of 14269
Quote:


The very first picture has a green blob with yellow lips. Congrats!

May want to take the pics with the flash off and freeze frame the TV depending on type of camera.

Yeah, I know. I had some with the flash off and those didn't look as good - I didn't figure anyone was gonna get a good idea of actual PQ from my camera, though. I just wanted to have something on while I took 'em. Then again, I do seem to have 2 of essentially the same pic with different video running...

Quote:


I know this has been hashed and rehased(and yes I have read the hundreds of pages of posts), but for you new owners could you please tell us if the A2000 has picture and picture (slit screen twin view).

No, it doesn't.
post #24 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

So glad someone else posted pictures... I've been trying to get the ones I took converted to 800x600 since that seems to be the only size that can be uploaded? Not much into the photo editing - is there some easy way to do that?

Uh... no green glob after the first hour. Did the XBR1s have the green glob out of the box.

I've got it on the floor while I wait for a stand.

I put in Finding Nemo - looks gorgeous. My Name is Earl on NBC HD looked nice, too.

Out of the box, there has been no buyer's remorse from buying this sight unseen. I was hoping to get something that looked similar to the XBR1 I saw at BB and this looks just as nice to me (well, nicer since it hasn't been running non-stop at BB for who knows how long).

I just went back into the living room where Finding Nemo was still playing. It's just very impressive. And it almost sucks for me. This isn't technically "my" primary display. It's my wife's. I've got an IN76 upstairs. The IN76 is nice, but I'm scared to see what HD-DVD is going to look like on the A2000. I shouldn't even look. I almost don't want to know.

I've already said I don't want the kids in the living room ever again. I need to go barricade that area off...

No green blob after the first hour? Does this mean there's green for the first 59 minutes?
post #25 of 14269
Cannot wait for somone to run that de-interlacing test!!!

Excited about this set! Excited that folks are actually getting them already!!!

Congrats to you all that have received your A2000...
post #26 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjensen View Post

Mr. Foo,
When you have a chance (I realize that probably won't be today with the new toy in the house), would you please measure the distance from the bottom of the base to the bottom of where the actual screen starts? Thanks, and congratulations!!!

8.25 inches sir. Forgive me if someone else already replied.
post #27 of 14269
How is SD? How is 1080i?
post #28 of 14269
Congrats on your new adventure in TV. Alot of us are wondering if SD programming will still look pretty darn good using the older V1 processing technology. What's your opinion? How do you think your new set compares to any 2005 sets you looked at. Thanks for having lots of patience with those of us who are obsessed with analyzing this set.
post #29 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4HD View Post

Congrats on your new adventure in TV. Alot of us are wondering if SD programming will still look pretty darn good using the older V1 processing technology. What's your opinion? How do you think your new set compares to any 2005 sets you looked at. Thanks for having lots of patience with those of us who are obsessed with analyzing this set.

I don't see how the SD could get worse? I owned the SXRD 60" and SD was it's weak point - the TV was HD HT Heaven but SD was much worse than my Sharp. I like the SXRD as a HT but my experience with the panel was SD really sucked so I wonder if it's sucks going backwards as I cannot imagine it looking worse.

Hopefully Sony knows what they were doing taking it back to DRC V1.
post #30 of 14269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post

Does SD look tolerable?


SD imho looks ok especially at decent viewing distances of say 6-7 ft+ but one can see blockiness up close say 2-3 feet or so and especially on paused tv. It looks good though with normal tv viewing at longer viewing distances.

First pics attached.

cheers,
tim
LL
LL
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rear Projection Units
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Rear Projection Units › The Official Sony 2006 KDS-(XX)A2000 [NO PRICE TALK] SXRD Owner's Thread