Here is just a few updates on my yellow stain, blue blacks, and fan issues.
Purchased KDS-60A2000 Feb. 4 2006 CC with ext. 5 yr. warranty.
1. Called in to CC for tech to come to house for yellow blob/stain and fan issues.
2. Tech tells me that the TV is great, and that he cannot see the yellow at all and does not hear the roaring fans that I am talking about.
3. I was ticked and he practically walked out telling me that this is a great tv.
4. Called a local service center about getting TV fixed on Dec. 12 2007. They ordered an OB and it was lost in mail so had to wait an extra week.
5. They installed the OB, and immediately noticed the FAN issues and that a few of them on the main board were failing.
6. They ordered the board with fans/TV inputs and had it overnighted.
7. Received TV next day with VERY Blue blacks (seen in pictures below) but fan issues are fixed.http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/6953/img0196vz4.jpghttp://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2562/img0197uf1.jpghttp://img253.imageshack.us/img253/848/img0204fg7.jpg
8. On the 24th, the service company Paul's TV came back out to pick up the TV.
9. I guess that another OB is on order now and TV should be returned on Thursday this week.
Overall, I am very unhappy with the way that Sony has built their TV's. The Circuit City support is really horrible when setting up appointments and the tech's rarely do anything unless I speak with Charlie Rex. Paul's TV seems to have a good shop and the people there are very friendly. I am just getting of tired of TV repairs , because I had an older Sony 55" CRT Rear and was replaced by circuit city with the KDS A2000 and I had to pay an additional Grand.
Sorry for posting about my issues so much, but would at least one user on these boards look at those pictures and acknowledge what I am talking about.
Does anyone know if my warranty will be extended now that the most recent repair is so close to my 1 year purchase date?