We became 60A2000 owners yesterday (delivery within 24 hours of purchase from the Burlington, ON Sony Store). What a TV!
- OTA HD is awesome !! Watched CFL football game in HD on CBC OTA. See pix links below.
- OTA SD is better than I ever would have expected. Never thought 480i could be so watchable at 60"
- Satellite SD varies depending on how compressed the original signal is (the WSBK feed, for example, is horrible on ExpressVu - main Canadian networks are better).
- DVD 480p blew us away - we watched the movie 'Ultraviolet' and were not ready for the clarity - there is no way we expected 480p to look so good on a 60". It was like our own little movie theatre. The vivid colours on this movie were unreal. My wife & I are both literally "shocked" at the good quality and can't wait to watch more movies.
- Switched "Vivid" mode to "Standard" as suggested by delivery guys. Looked good without any further adjustments except for colour (too saturated - lowered from 50 to 44). Will let TV sit in this mode until I can get a feel for what else to tweek. Pretty good settings for out-of-the-box. Good blacks, bright whites.
- Viewing angles are the best I've ever seen on a projection TV
- Blacks are black - no tinting noticed
- Whites are white - no tinting noticed - no tinting on grey screen shown during channel setup
- Wife did notice a greenish-yellow blob on startup this morning that lasted all but "4 seconds" then disappeared (was on the left centre of the screen). Manual says this is normal. I am not the least bit concerned about this
- No colour uniformity or convergence issues
- Lots of flexibility with screen size - if you see a 16:9 aspect pix on a SD channel, you can temporarily zoom in on it to fill up the entire screen as though it was an HD channel, rather than have black bar on all 4 sides
- DT tuner has same sensitivity as Sony HDD250. You can do an initial scan on setup..then can do another scan later if you want where it will only add digital stations that weren't already scanned (without it repeating a cable or OTA scan)
- NTSC tuner does not blue box or mute - good when watching weaker signals
- NTSC Banner box will give name of current program + ratings (if sent out by the station) - but no station ID
- DT Banner box gives full details
- No future TV Guide - just what is on now
Here are some hi-rez pix that are too large to upload to this forum (about 1.5MB each)..
Can be viewed at dxinfocentre.com/1.jpg
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
We are **********EXTREMELY ********** pleased with this television.