First stop after breakfast this morning was Rooms To Go where they had a tan microfiber two-seat recliner w/center console for $699. When we got there we found it had dark brown leather/vinyl arms and foot rests.
They had another red leather/leather match two-seater
but it felt really light and flimsy.
We finally found a black leather/leather match two seater that was firm, well built and would have been perfect, except for the $1099 price tag.
Went to their Outlet store and found one just like it with a few minor scuffs for $599 and talked them down another hundred bucks with no problem. A black Sharpie pen and some black paste shoe polish later, and it's sitting in my room tonight.
Second stop today was the carpet discount warehouse where I picked up the black wool carpet and padding for the top of the stage and steps. In between the shopping trips I got out the belt sander and worked on the steps, grinding them down so both layers of OSB were even and rounded over the edges, too. They'll still take a bit more work tomorrow to fit just right.
Last thing today was attaching the rope light to the top of the stage front. I know many people here don't care for the plastic clips included with most rope lights, but these worked just fine. I drilled pilot holes in the stage front before screwing down the clips and didn't have problems with any of them. I'm glad I wired a dimmer earlier in the week, because at full brightness the lights might be distracting.
Sunday will be spent mowing the yard before assembling the rest of the stage and re-hanging the drapes on the front wall. Pictures of the seats and stage progress coming Sunday.